My Experience with Renewing US Passport

patrickmoran

34 minutes ago, Lois R said:

It took you 5 months to get your passport?😲.....OMG.......

That’s why you might want to consider applying now, and doing upcoming closed loop with photo ID and BC.  Otherwise, apply next summer as soon as you come home - and pay for expedited service.  There is no guarantee that regular service will improve in coming months.

13 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

That’s why you might want to consider applying now, and doing upcoming closed loop with photo ID and BC.  Otherwise, apply next summer as soon as you come home - and pay for expedited service.  There is no guarantee that regular service will improve in coming months.

Oh, I will pay for the expedited service either way.  I have to say, I took a cruise to Alaska in August and the cruise line required us to have a passport..........

45 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Generally not required for closed loop Caribbean sailings from US ports.

It is required on Silversea. Everyone needs to have a passport for all sailings. Of course, they have an older demographic and everyone has one😉 OMG....I must be getting older LOL

The most recent update on the State Department's website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html)

• As of October 29, routine processing is 8 to 11 weeks and expedite processing (for an additional $60) is 5 to 7 weeks.
  • Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility. 
  • We are no longer using door-to-door timeframes to describe routine and expedited service. 
  • Mail times vary across the country. Plan ahead and apply early.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:49 PM, capriccio said:

The most recent update on the State Department's website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html)

• As of October 29, routine processing is 8 to 11 weeks and expedite processing (for an additional $60) is 5 to 7 weeks.
  • Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility. 
  • We are no longer using door-to-door timeframes to describe routine and expedited service. 
  • Mail times vary across the country. Plan ahead and apply early.

I sent mine expedited, and priority mail sending and return, took 6 weeks

On 10/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, KreinKrunker said:

Ms Krunker and I sent our renewals in the same day.  The Post Office said they were delivered on the same day.  Hers was processed on Aug 14, mine is still pending.  It's not quite 12 weeks yet.  I don't need it for another four.

Happy, happy, happy!  It came today.  Took only about 13 weeks.  Old passport and passport card will be mailed later.