The Daily for Sunday October 24, 2021

richwmn

Today is Mother-In-Law Day, National Bologna Day, and United Nations Day

"The tax collector must love poor people, he's creating so many of them. - Bill Vaughan"

Meal suggestion for today - Pork Loin Roast

Drink of the Day - Flaming volcano

Wine of the day - Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay Russian River Valley Tré Terre Vineyard Select Collection 2016

Destination of the Day - Thira (Santorini) Greece

Ships with Passengers

Brest
Rotterdam France 10:00 - 18:00

Half Moon Cay
Nieuw Amsterdam Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

San Diego
Koningsdam CA US 07:00 - 16:00

Sea Day
Eurodam Destination Naples

Ships without Passengers

At Sea North Sea
Oosterdam Destination Scheveningen NL eta 10/25

At Sea Pacific
Noordam Destination Los Angeles CA US eta 10/30

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam

1024Europe.thumb.png.d223159031000fad7640ecaad6ca1125.png

1024NAmerica.thumb.png.36dfb4078c010a67bd707a1ede77dfdc.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love Mother-in-Law day.  My husband has a great one.😁  Not a fan of bologna.  A big salute to the United Nations.

Amusing quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, but I've got a beef roast to put in the slow cooker for our dinner.

Hope the drink of the day and wine are tasty.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Santorini.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Sunday.   Stay safe.

• Like 24

Thank you to the Sunday Daily, Rich.  A salute to the United Nations, never had a mother-in-law, and will pass on the bologna.  Vaughan has a good sense of irony.  I have not been to Thira or Santorini.  The pork sounds good.  My alternative is a bit theoretical.  It's Chilled Kiwi and Melon Fruit, Irish Stew, and Apple and Pear Crisp. which I would have chosen on MS Amsterdam October 24, 2017 if I had not been on a long tour to the Great Wall. 

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/menu1024.pdf

My actual dinner was a steak and ice cream from the lido buffet.

Today’s care list:

57redbird DH awaiting prostate cancer surgery and testing positive
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
cunorl’s (lymphona) and DH’s (stroke) sisters
Mr. Boston temporary crown
StLouisCruiser DH Dental issue
From the rotation:
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome aboard swmissouritravelers
SusieKIslandGirl to Barcelona for Eurodam
4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Vict0riann, sailingdutchy/ Lady President// and Gail& Marty  at sea
durangoscots at a dog show
A new photo of Camila
Welcome home Lady Hudson
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

Good morning! No one knocked on our door this morning and delivered coffee with a warm greeting and smile. Nothing to eat in house for breakfast, no beautiful flower arrangements, no chocolates on our bed last night? 

It’s not easy going “Cold Turkey” the day after disembarking from a wonderful cruise!😩

Thanks Rich and all our guest editors for the Daily Report!

• Like 21
  • Haha 19

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  It was fun watching the NA sail away last night.  I’m hoping that becomes more regular with multiple BHB.  Today’s meal suggestion is on the menu, the pork roast is marinating as I type.  We had our first frost warning of the season and it felt that way inside the house so I turned on the heat.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 25

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Blessed Sunday!

Today is our 30th wedding anniversary. This guy is still my moon and stars. 

I loved my mother in law. She was only with me for 8 years but we had a great friendship. 

This morning I got a HAL notice for a time check in, but I can't pull up my docs yet. Luggage tags yes, docs not yet.

We just had pork last night, and I'm sure I've had today's wine. I used to like bologna as a kid. Haven't had it in years.

image.png.826b969d60f9eafb146e1cffc20c55df.png

Prayers to all on Roy's list (thank you) Wishing all a happy day filled with Blessings, Cheers and Joy.

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon.

We have just left church where I said prayers for our care list.

It is a cool and wet 50°F here.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and also Roy for the various lists.

Pauline and I were blessed to have wonderful mother in law's who we saw every day.

Santorini is such a beautiful place although it does get very crowded with long lines at the cable car.

We have been a couple of times.

The sunsets on Santorini are well known with many people sitting at bars etc watching the fabulous sunsets.

Today's quote is very valid and true for lots of people.

Nice food and drink today.

I wish everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211024_114724.jpg

Screenshot_20211024_115002.jpg

Screenshot_20211024_114650.jpg

Screenshot_20211024_115413.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I loved my mother in law. She was only with me for 8 years but we had a great friendship. 

This morning I got a HAL notice for a time check in, but I can't pull up my docs yet. Luggage tags yes, docs not yet.

We just had pork last night, and I'm sure I've had today's wine. I used to like bologna as a kid. Haven't had it in years.

Prayers to all on Roy's list (thank you) Wishing all a happy day filled with Blessings, Cheers and Joy.

Happy 30th wedding anniversary today.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Sunday smile 🙂 

I’d love to celebrate Mother in Law day.  Sadly ours are no longer with us but remain in our hearts.  Cheers for the United Nations 👍 

That Vaughan quote is so great!  Meal suggestion is a good one but since we ended up having something else for dinner last night we’ll have the lamb tonight (and wine).  Intrigued to hear about today’s wine - sounds good if not too oaky.

We have had the good fortune to visit Santorini.  Absolutely beautiful and picture perfect.  I’m sure there will be a ton of pics but if not, I’ll hit my laptop to see if I can find mine from a few years ago.

It didn’t rain as predicted until last night so I put my plan for the begonia packing on hold and got out my new gadget - a worx combo blower/vacuum with mulcher.  I don’t need another blower for the leaves but my hope was that the mulcher would eliminate so many bags of leaves (not to mention some will be good for the garden 😉 So, I studied the manual fervently, put on the protective glasses and ear protectors and out I went.  After I realized I couldn’t have the bag on until I selected the setting, it worked!!!!  I got what I would guess to be at least 8 bags of leaves all in my compost bin!  It’s heavy but you don’t have to bend down much.  I’m pretty proud of myself figuring it out 😉 Now you know why we didn’t have lamb last night 😉 Rained last night so I’ll get the begonias done today 🤞 

8145D7B2-2E52-4A30-87AA-E373C71D7705.jpeg.0b9344731f2c885429deae765664bfe5.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday !!!!!

2D9F8126-E411-4559-8F09-A12882220DCA.thumb.jpeg.28561f4e5ccba719ed6e69f3168a880b.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 28
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! No one knocked on our door this morning and delivered coffee with a warm greeting and smile. Nothing to eat in house for breakfast, no beautiful flower arrangements, no chocolates on our bed last night? 

It’s not easy going “Cold Turkey” the day after disembarking from a wonderful cruise!😩

Going cold turkey after a cruise is no fun at all - good luck with adapting back to the real world 😉 

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Happy Anniversary!

512656FE-6BD4-4559-8D6E-C240103AFED5.thumb.jpeg.dbab2a26c7894320f7648f499173a51e.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I will toast the United Nations and its mission. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family.
Happy Anniversary Joy & Allen❤️!

A bit warmer this morning. Hoping the humidity does not return.  Off to the gym early. Will check back in later.  

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay Russian River Valley Tré Terre Vineyard Select Collection 2016

All released vintages of this wine share excellent ratings, though the 2016 has the highest. Several online distributors with prices starting at $26.99

Winemaker Notes

#36 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

This is a delicious, full-bodied Chardonnay with aromas and flavors of Meyer lemon, citrus, apple, graham cracker, creamy marshmallow, peach, apricot, pear, brown sugar, spice, bright fruit, nice acidity and a long, lingering finish.

WS93 Wine Spectator
Strikes a fine balance between vibrant citrus and green apple and pear notes, lightly oaky, with a creamy midpalate, so deftly elegant and refined that it’s hard not to take a second or third sip. Drink now through 2022
JS92 James Suckling
A bright and quite primary style, featuring abundant, concentrated peaches and melon on the nose and palate. Subtly complex, well made and fresh.
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you to the Sunday Daily, Rich.  A salute to the United Nations, never had a mother-in-law, and will pass on the bologna.  Vaughan has a good sense of irony.  I have not been to Thira or Santorini.  The pork sounds good.  My alternative is a bit theoretical.  It's Chilled Kiwi and Melon Fruit, Irish Stew, and Apple and Pear Crisp. which I would have chosen on MS Amsterdam October 24, 2017 if I had not been on a long tour to the Great Wall. 

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/menu1024.pdf

My actual dinner was a steak and ice cream from the lido buffet.

Today’s care list:

57redbird DH awaiting prostate cancer surgery and testing positive
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
cunorl’s (lymphona) and DH’s (stroke) sisters
Mr. Boston temporary crown
StLouisCruiser DH Dental issue
From the rotation:
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome aboard swmissouritravelers
SusieKIslandGirl to Barcelona for Eurodam
4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Vict0riann, sailingdutchy/ Lady President// and Gail& Marty  at sea
durangoscots at a dog show
A new photo of Camila
Welcome home Lady Hudson
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thanks for both lists.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks Rich and all our guest editors for the Daily Report!

Glad you enjoyed the cruidr,  Chirf

• Like 8

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Happy Weekend everyone!

@Seasick Sailor Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary!

Loved Santorini when we visited two years ago aboard the Nieuw Statendam.  The HAL excursion was one of the best, and the winery that we visited  had the best tasting session. Very interesting how the vines are low to the ground like bushes due to the wind conditions. We walked down the 1,172 steps from Fira to Fira Port as there was a two-hour backup for the aerial tramway! 

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Happy Anniversary!💐🍾

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  I had a wonderful MIL who sadly, is no longer with us.  Cheers to the UN today.  Every once in a while on a cold winter’s afternoon I like a fried bologna sandwich with onions sautéed in butter served on white bread with yellow mustard, you can take the boy out of the Midwest…. Today’s quote gave me a chuckle.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious but we’re having chicken thighs today.  I’m sure there’ll be some great photos of today’s port to which I haven’t been.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and hooray to all of you celebrating a happy event. Happy anniversary to @Seasick Sailor!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning  to all and thanks for the Daily.I had a lovely mother in law.We always say my husband's  good nature came from her.I salute the UN but will pass on the bologna.

@Seasick Sailor,A very Happy Anniversary  to you both.

@kazu I loved the memes today thanks as usual

I might pick up a pork loin for "Sunday Dinner".I will need a vegetarian  alternative as well,maybe  a leek,bean  and rice dish I was going to try.Thanks @dfish for your suggestions  every day.

I look forward to seeing pictures of Santorini. 

Terry

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

Kind of cold and gloomy here, but we'll make the most of it.  Never had a mother in law, but I adopted my sister's.  Diane was a wonderful person and she and I could sit and talk for hours.  Once we went to lunch with the family and they all got up and went to the cars while we sat there talking.  My sister had to come back in the restaurant and get us.  I'll skip the baloney and celebrate the UN.   

@57redbirdfingers and toes are crossed that your husband's test was a false positive and he can stay on the surgery schedule.  

@Seasick Sailor Happy Anniversary!   Celebrate, but pace the wine.  Remember, it has to last.

Today's meal is a great one.  I love pork loin with lots of garlic and pepper.  My favorite was a recipe from Paul Prudhomme.  

The first selection comes with oven and slow cooker directions and a great looking gravy.   https://cafedelites.com/pork-loin-recipe/

Pork-Loin-Roast-Recipe-1.thumb.jpg.597f084e78311946b26b45434202c73c.jpg

The next recipe looks like what my mom used to make.  https://realhousemoms.com/perfectly-moist-pork-loin/

pork-loin-1-600x903.thumb.jpg.364eacaf98f64b2ed68b31fc063e2a29.jpg

And here is the Prudhomme recipe.   It is a bit different from a traditional pork loin.   https://www.food.com/recipe/chef-pauls-pork-roast-418807

Here is how to make your own Cajun Seasoning:  https://therecipecritic.com/cajun-seasoning/

2075054667_Porkloinprudhomme2.jpg.fe03ca4f933000d6c5a14ff64d359c62.jpg

1390204695_Porkloinprudhomme.jpg.5db854203038314d2dec62ae6af275d0.jpg

Enjoy, everyone.  Heading to the pool this morning and then for my booster this afternoon!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9