Liquor Purchases

kshawks

2 hours ago, kshawks said:

Anytime that’s been on a ship recently remember what the price of White Hennessy is? Boss asked me to pick some up Ave asked how much it was for a case. 🙃 32 days and I can’t wait! Tyia 

We found that most of the liquor in the shop were not much cheaper than Costco or Sam's. Certainly not enough to justify the hassle of bringing it back

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

We found that most of the liquor in the shop were not much cheaper than Costco or Sam's. Certainly not enough to justify the hassle of bringing it back

Costco or Sam's isn't an option for everyone. We can only buy liquor here in Vermont at a state run liquor store.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Whatsthedillio said:

Most importantly I dont think you'll find a costco or sam's anywhere on the planet that was Hennessy pure white 😜.  I believe they are/we're around $50 a bottle

Costco (well, our's anyway) has some good upper level stuff in beer and wine, so it wouldn't surprise me if they carried something like Hennessy's in stores where they are allowed to. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kshawks said:

Anytime that’s been on a ship recently remember what the price of White Hennessy is? Boss asked me to pick some up Ave asked how much it was for a case. 🙃 32 days and I can’t wait! Tyia 

I don't know how much it costs, but I only purchase liquor onboard if I drive to the port and can carry it off.  I just don't want to deal with airport hassles.  If flying, it has to be checked baggage, with the associated breakage risk.  In addition, a bottle of liquor in checked baggage pretty much guarantees that the bag will be opened and inspected by the TSA.  They will cut your lock if necessary.

A case also exceeds the duty free limit, unless you have 11 friends travelling with you.  Customs might be interested.  Doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davy jones said:

I don't know how much it costs, but I only purchase liquor onboard if I drive to the port and can carry it off.  I just don't want to deal with airport hassles.  If flying, it has to be checked baggage, with the associated breakage risk.  In addition, a bottle of liquor in checked baggage pretty much guarantees that the bag will be opened and inspected by the TSA.  They will cut your lock if necessary.

A case also exceeds the duty free limit, unless you have 11 friends travelling with you.  Customs might be interested.  Doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.

We do the same and bottles of liquor will undoubtedly put our checked bags over the limit if we are flying. My SUV doesn't care about the weight.

Hennessy Pure White is only sold in France and the Caribbean. That's the primary allure to many people. The market price fluctuates, but it was selling for $59.99 onboard the Mardi Gras earlier this month. Occasionally Carnival will offer discounted pricing for purchasing in volume (3-6 bottles). Carnival used to have a policy (they probably still do) that they would price match if you could provide evidence of it being sold cheaper in any of the ports. It was as simple as taking a photo in a shop and showing it to the Fun Shops staff. For this reason, many of the local liquor stores and duty free shops no longer visibly post the price.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Good point on the duty.

Partners boss also asked for some White Hennessey.

Two bottles came out to $109 and some change. This was on the Magic.

Purchase date 10/22

Sail dates 10/17 - 10/23

EDIT: Also in Nassau and Amber Cove this was the cheapest we could find. In fact, Nassau was selling bottles that appeared to be washed up from a hurricane for $90. 

Edited by IrritatedEllipses

4 hours ago, Whatsthedillio said:

Most importantly I dont think you'll find a costco or sam's anywhere on the planet that was Hennessy pure white 😜.  I believe they are/we're around $50 a bottle

Meh, it's overrated IMO. It's good but nothing special, plenty of better options out there. The hype is nice for giving it as gifts or reselling but that's about it. I'd drink it but wouldn't go out of my way for it. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I might find a price list for onboard liquor sales on Carnival?  I've seen them posted in the past, but not having much luck with the search function for these boards today.   More curious than anything.  Much thanks!

4 minutes ago, RockinRobin said:

Does anyone know where I might find a price list for onboard liquor sales on Carnival?  I've seen them posted in the past, but not having much luck with the search function for these boards today.   More curious than anything.  Much thanks!

if you go to Carnival web page, Manage, In room gifts and shopping, food and beverages, then click on the liquor box it will list everything they sell for on board delivery.

Edited by Angua

Just now, Angua said:

if you go to Carnival web page, Manage, In room gifts and shopping then click on the liquor box it will list everything they sell for on board delivery.

I think they mean in the duty free FunShops. The only thing I've seen mentioned lately is when Crown Royal came up for discussion. Someone posted it was 2 for $50. It's about $39.99/bottle here. Also, someone posted cigarette prices but, I don't even remember the cost.

7 minutes ago, Angua said:

if you go to Carnival web page, Manage, In room gifts and shopping, food and beverages, then click on the liquor box it will list everything they sell for on board delivery.

Thank you, Angua.  I should have been more clear of what I was asking.......so sorry.  I was looking for the price list in the duty free liquor shop for sale to take home.  We are driving to our next cruise and can take some home with us if the price is right.  We live in a state with high taxes on liquor and it can mean some savings. There are no  hard liquor sales at Costco or Sams Club either.  Much appreciated. 

24 minutes ago, RockinRobin said:

Thank you, Angua.  I should have been more clear of what I was asking.......so sorry.  I was looking for the price list in the duty free liquor shop for sale to take home.  We are driving to our next cruise and can take some home with us if the price is right.  We live in a state with high taxes on liquor and it can mean some savings. There are no  hard liquor sales at Costco or Sams Club either.  Much appreciated. 

gotcha, sorry I misunderstood you!  I should have realized from the context, but I had it on my mind since I was just talking about it with my dad ;-).

We also plan on hitting the duty free shop.  We are driving and have over $1200 in OBC to use.  I am well aware ( and have aid it in the past) and am looking for alcohol that is rather hard to find here in South Ga.  Thinking single malt scotch, Goslings Black Seal Rum and Limoncello.

19 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

For some things, for some, not so much. Crown royal is generally a solid deal on cruise ships.

Cruise ships often have Blanton's too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mondello said:

I think they mean in the duty free FunShops. The only thing I've seen mentioned lately is when Crown Royal came up for discussion. Someone posted it was 2 for $50. It's about $39.99/bottle here. Also, someone posted cigarette prices but, I don't even remember the cost.

FYI it was sub-$20 last week. No clue why, but my jaw dropped. It was close to my order price for a case at my last job. 

• Thanks 1