RCCL extends Covid-19 assistance to April 30, 2022 and Cruise with Confidence for bookings before December 17, 2021

cruiseamm

• 4 weeks later...

So, we're looking at a May 2022 cruise on Symphony. This obviously will be outside of the April 30th window. Does that mean they will stop the testing requirements for Covid after that date? If not and we test positive 48 hours before, what happens to our cruise fare?

I'm a little (well a lot) concerned now this new variant is in the news and trying not to panic.  But I have a question or 2.   I have a cruise booked a couple months ago now on Wonder in April 2022 for TA.   What happens if after final payment which is in January, that it deteriorates and I end up having to cancel.  Does this mean I can take a credit for another cruise later (tho I am seriously fed up with cancelling at this point LOL)   Or will I start to lose money if I have to cancel after the final payment date?   Thanks.

So my sail date is April 8, 2022, do I still have to make final payment 90 days out?  If I cancel before final payment do I only get FCC or can I get refund?  I have read materials but it is all so confusing so please be kind if you respond.  :))

1 hour ago, waiting2cruiseagain said:

I'm a little (well a lot) concerned now this new variant is in the news and trying not to panic.  But I have a question or 2.   I have a cruise booked a couple months ago now on Wonder in April 2022 for TA.   What happens if after final payment which is in January, that it deteriorates and I end up having to cancel.  Does this mean I can take a credit for another cruise later (tho I am seriously fed up with cancelling at this point LOL)   Or will I start to lose money if I have to cancel after the final payment date?   Thanks.

I dont like the sound of this omni variant either.

If you cancel you should be able to get a fcc or transfer funds paid at that time to another cruise later.  We have done that a couple of times, no problem.

2 hours ago, waiting2cruiseagain said:

We have a similar cruise this spring and I'm having the same thoughts you are. I suspect we have plenty of time to be able to figure out what will happen by May. I have 28 days of cruising May into June all paid for by initial deposits and FCC. 

I want to push my May 2022 cruise to 2023 but I already paid $1000 to RCI and I don't want to lose my deposit (we will still cruise in 2022 regardless just with a line with stricter vaccine requirements). Hopefully they will have more info on this variant soon so I can weigh whether or not losing the money will be worth it.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

So...if they are going with Greek letter names, what happened between D-Delta and O-Omni? :classic_biggrin:

Not all variants rise to the level of being a concern.  They get scientific names first, then a Greek letter name if any information is released to the general public, since the letter and numeric names don't mean anything to the average person.

• Variants being monitored are variants for which there is evidence that they might be of concern, but they are either no longer detected or are circulating at very low levels in the U.S., and as such, they do not pose a significant risk to public health in the United States. There are currently ten variants being monitored. These are B.1.1.7 (Alpha), B.1.351 (Beta), P.1 (Gamma), B.1.427 and B.1.429 (Epsilon), B.1.525 (Eta), B.1.526 (Iota), B.1.617.1 (Kappa), B.1.617.3 (no WHO label), P.2 (Zeta), and B.1.621 and B.1.621.1 (Mu).
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Hoping to hear from someone that has already done the supervised home test. How do you show it was supervised?

If you purchase the monitored test from emed or Royal Caribbean and then download the Navica app... You are on the camera with them, either on your phone or webcam or laptop. And they are talking to you and confirming your test results. And you will receive an email and .pdf after your online monitor confirms your results. Is that your question? 

Edited by Coralc

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

If you purchase the monitored test from emed or Royal Caribbean and then download the Navica app... You are on the camera with them, either on your phone or webcam or laptop. And they are talking to you and confirming your test results. And you will receive an email and .pdf after your online monitor confirms your results. Is that your question? 

Sorry I meant if you got the test from somewhere else but I think the same answer applies. The medical person send the results by email as proof.

Thanks

6 hours ago, freestuff said:

I want to push my May 2022 cruise to 2023 but I already paid $1000 to RCI and I don't want to lose my deposit (we will still cruise in 2022 regardless just with a line with stricter vaccine requirements). 

Unless CWC is extended, one assumes that the old rules will apply starting in May, meaning $100pp penalty for moving a cruise outside of final payment and various harsher penalties inside.

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Stupid question: If you order the Abbott BinaxNOW x3 for 2 of you how do they know to send 2 different email results? Does each person create an account?
Also I cannot find a Navica app? 

thanks

10 hours ago, freestuff said:

I want to push my May 2022 cruise to 2023 but I already paid $1000 to RCI and I don't want to lose my deposit (we will still cruise in 2022 regardless just with a line with stricter vaccine requirements). Hopefully they will have more info on this variant soon so I can weigh whether or not losing the money will be worth it.

If you move your cruise before april 22 then you should be fine and not lose any funds.