RedneckBob live report from Equinox 10/29/21

RedneckBob

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Update for future Equinox cruisers.

Next cruise will have 2200 passengers and follow on cruise full capacity.

Celebrity using Deck 6 cabins to quranatee new crew.

This is still on the website. I wonder if they will change the wording in 2 weeks?

While On Board

We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space—and more luxury. Our enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols and enhanced medical center set a new industry standard. 

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Update for future Equinox cruisers.

Next cruise will have 2200 passengers and follow on cruise full capacity.

Celebrity using Deck 6 cabins to quranatee new crew.

Wow, thanks for the update I wonder what the capacity will be on Nov 28th, we do a 12 night!  

8 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Enjoy your cruise!  Following along.......we do not sail until January.....hoping the cruises are still not sailing full capacity!  

I agree with you @txtechmkWe sail in 24 days and are hoping capacity is still reduced significantly. We were on EQ in Sept with 1200 pax and it was delightful.

5 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

hummm, are they changing the wording on the Celebrity site that says reduced capacity?

If not, expect it and be surpized if it does not happen.

bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Bummer for sure, we can pretend things are normal but not so. If capacity changes hopefully those who booked under decreased capacity have the ability to cancel for a refund. 

I very much doubt that would be an acceptable reason to cancel for a refund.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vol fan said:

Are you having to wear a mask outside of your cabin? 

As reported by fellow CC cruiser, masks are not required on board. I would estimate that less than 50 passengers are still wearing masks.

Couple of interesting facts:

Appears only one child on board (3 year old)

Almost all passengers from US and Canada.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

MANNN! that sucks!!! We knew it was just a matter of time before full capacity was a reality.

Oh well. Enjoy it while you can.

Celebrity may want to sail at full capacity I don’t think they will get to that for awhile especially if they still require full vaccinations and a 2 days prior Covid testing. I’m cruising on Sunday so I have followed all of their  requirements.  There were people who canceled this cruise because of the requirements.  Two weeks ago I received last minute cruise deals for numerous cruise lines for October and the beginning of November, the prices were so low they were practically giving them away. The requirement was guests had to be fully vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

Celebrity may want to sail at full capacity I don’t think they will get to that for awhile especially if they still require full vaccinations and a 2 days prior Covid testing. I’m cruising on Sunday so I have followed all of their  requirements.  There were people who canceled this cruise because of the requirements.  Two weeks ago I received last minute cruise deals for numerous cruise lines for October and the beginning of November, the prices were so low they were practically giving them away. The requirement was guests had to be fully vaccinated.

Don’t say that it will be awhile. If you on the Equinox Sunday expect 2200 passengers. In three weeks the ships capacity has gone from 1250 to 1600 to next cruise 2200.

• Like 1