The Daily for Tuesday November 02, 2021

richwmn

@grapau27Graham, we were on the Crown in St. Kitts in late November 2006 and you went there in January 2007!  Our cruise was only a week, not 15 days.  DD couldn't be away from teaching that long, and we had Great Grandma watching the little ones.  A week was a stretch for her!  Our cruise also left out of San Juan.  It would be nice to meet up with you and Pauline on a cruise in the future.  You never know!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@dfishas you mentioned, many school districts give the students the day off school on election day due to security concerns.  I just checked and DD has an in-service day today at her suburban Cincinnati school district while the kids get the day off from classes.  I'm sure this never happened when I was in school many years ago.  😁

• Like 16

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Not sure what look for Circles Day means but I will be sure to do it. Funny quote. Have never been to todays port.

Quiet day here today. My neighbor arrived from Canada and we are going to walk the beach later. So happy to see her, glad she was finally able to return. 

@bdrcole Congratulations on the last treatment. I wish you great health and happiness after your ordeal.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 22

I have no self control when deviled eggs are available. The diet is working as I have lost 10.5 lbs so far. Of course diets tend to remove many joys in life so there have been no happy hours!🙁

Another cool morning, temperature of the Gulf has dropped to 67F so bye bye hurricane season!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Going to go for a walk and enjoy this beautiful fall day. 

Offering free Acorns as our Oak trees are producing! 

Thanks for the reports and May all of you have a healthy and memorable day.

• Like 28

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you Rich for our Daily. Thank you Roy for cares and celebration. 

Yesterday was busy. Allen had an eye appt. (All is well) and we were supposed to meet our Cav friends (8 of us) for lunch. We got a call from one of the wives who told us her husband tripped over one of the dogs in the garage and fell straight back onto the concrete. His back went out and has a big knot on his head. So we decided to cancel lunch. A foreman was due to add the final trim to the bathroom and seal the tile. Meanwhile I had a new Mahjongg student. By the time we left to meet friends for a band and dancing the foreman still hadn't shown but when we got home the work was done.

Nothing on the horizon for today except the market. Looks like 75 is our high today. I may make deviled eggs, or mix them into a potato salad and put wings into the air fryer. 

image.png.7bb47363c8ae3e15502921af165f4f9e.png

image.png.29d6b6cb48b83124806e54bfa9394f44.png.     YUM!!

@aliaschief our little oak trees have acorns already as well. @bdrcole happy to know you've completed your last treatment. Graham,  thinking about you and Pauline today. A very memorable day.

Blessings,  Cheers, and Prayers.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@grapau27Graham, we were on the Crown in St. Kitts in late November 2006 and you went there in January 2007!  Our cruise was only a week, not 15 days.  DD couldn't be away from teaching that long, and we had Great Grandma watching the little ones.  A week was a stretch for her!  Our cruise also left out of San Juan.  It would be nice to meet up with you and Pauline on a cruise in the future.  You never know!

That would be nice Sandi.

Because of covid restrictions we have only  booked cruises from Southampton England in 2022 so far on P&O and Royal Caribbean.

Graham.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you Rich for our Daily. Thank you Roy for cares and celebration. 

Yesterday was busy. Allen had an eye appt. (All is well) and we were supposed to meet our Cav friends (8 of us) for lunch. We got a call from one of the wives who told us her husband tripped over one of the dogs in the garage and fell straight back onto the concrete. His back went out and has a big knot on his head. So we decided to cancel lunch. A foreman was due to add the final trim to the bathroom and seal the tile. Meanwhile I had a new Mahjongg student. By the time we left to meet friends for a band and dancing the foreman still hadn't shown but when we got home the work was done.

Nothing on the horizon for today except the market. Looks like 75 is our high today. I may make deviled eggs, or mix them into a potato salad and put wings into the air fryer. 

image.png.7bb47363c8ae3e15502921af165f4f9e.png

image.png.29d6b6cb48b83124806e54bfa9394f44.png.     YUM!!

@aliaschief our little oak trees have acorns already as well. @bdrcole happy to know you've completed your last treatment. Graham,  thinking about you and Pauline today. A very memorable day.

Blessings,  Cheers, and Prayers.

Thank you.

Graham.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  A chilly start but we walked to the gym to work out anyway trying to keep with the Tu-Th-Sa routine.  Rain sometimes changes it.  Anyway on our way back (still dark out) we had just passed the pickle ball courts when we saw two deer making a dash for it as we neared the tennis courts.🦌  My wildlife sighting of the day.  Fire ant mounds don't count - they're everywhere!

@msmayormentioned voting day.  We early voted here in Georgia which is very easy to do regardless of what you've heard on the news.🙂  I hope all of you will exercise your right to vote no matter what the issue, large or small.  It's also All Souls Day which brings to mind the name of my church where I grew up and the same church we were married in 52 years ago.  I enjoy deviled eggs, and don't mind looking for circles.  Quite a wacky quote!  The jerk chicken tacos look good but I don't like spicy foods so would have try a bite first before I could commit.  A salute to @bdrcole who is having her final radiation treatment.  Prayers for all on the Care list.  Cheers to our celebrants today!🎉🥂 

My source for easily checking where we've sailed and when has not been working the past couple of days, but I think I can confidently say I've been to St. Kitts and Nevis only one time.  I remember it because we took our adult daughter on a Caribbean cruise in Nov. 2006 to cheer her up after her divorce and the hard times it brought her.  She is now a cruise lover too!  We got off the ship there and spent the day shopping for a trinket for her Christmas gift, a tanzanite ring.  A little sparkle always helps!  If we were to go back I would enjoy a tour like the batik tour @msmayorwent on.  

It looked to be a beautiful island with mountains.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEhXjgByMM2YQIPTgLtTDG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123146

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg0B_O-2UcJ6kD4bTi2k-Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123148

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2xk9K317s69IbEMz5UIq-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123163

The ship was Crown Princess.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFe61Uqz65TXxqgraBgwvP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123144

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFcv3W4GcHgoy1tIVixYEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaYpSw0dB9RaEnmL_dxK20?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123134

We had a blast on that cruise with our daughter.  Lovely memories.💕

Lovely photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That would be nice Sandi.

Because of covid restrictions we have only  booked cruises from Southampton England in 2022 so far on P&O and Royal Caribbean.

Graham.

And our next cruise (at the moment) is from Southampton June 29, 2022 on Island Princess.  It's a Baltic with new ports for us, and then Norway, Iceland and UK ending up in Southampton again.  30 days.  I saw on the itinerary the second portion (Copenhagen to Southampton) has a stop in Newcastle 2 days before we disembark in Southampton.  If I were from Newcastle I might think about getting off 2 days early to save the travel home from Southampton.  hint, hint!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

Good morning, all! I love deviled eggs, but rarely make them except for parties. We haven’t had a party for a long time. For fellow Dailyites looking for circles, remember this: The top of a wine glass is a circle. The bottom of a wine glass is a circle. The top and bottom of an open wine bottle are circles. Seize the day!

We haven’t been to today’s port, but tomorrow we leave for Mexico! The last minute bits and pieces get tidied up today. We’ve dropped off keys to DH’s cousin, who is staying here while we’re gone. At least my plants will be looked after, so one less thing to set up. 
I may not be on tomorrow, depending on when/there is time and WIFI. We leave home about 5:30 AM.

Happy Tuesday, courtesy of our BHB elevator mats!

6DD1B880-E346-4BBF-A153-D11E87F4CA0B.thumb.jpeg.e81205181e27babffacd36c75e3cdb48.jpeg

• Like 29

53 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

And our next cruise (at the moment) is from Southampton June 29, 2022 on Island Princess.  It's a Baltic with new ports for us, and then Norway, Iceland and UK ending up in Southampton again.  30 days.  I saw on the itinerary the second portion (Copenhagen to Southampton) has a stop in Newcastle 2 days before we disembark in Southampton.  If I were from Newcastle I might think about getting off 2 days early to save the travel home from Southampton.  hint, hint!

That looks like a fabulous cruise with 21 ports.

We have 5 cruises booked already on P&O Azura, Britannia,Iona and 2 on Anthem of the seas.

It looks like you get in to Newcastle on Wednesday 27th July at 10am and leave at 10pm.

We could meet you both at the terminal and arrange some places to visit if you like.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to all who post.    Like the Chief, we are dieting at the moment, so please refrain from any mention of wine!!  I will be thinking today of those celebrating, remembering, or suffering.  

Our phone is out, and the repairman can't come until the 4th, so I'm having to try to do things on line.  Pat has a cell phone, but seldom uses it.  He will have to start now!  We did manage to bring in the ponytail palm yesterday, and I cleaned it up and gave it a haircut.  It is getting so big, I really need to find a new home for it, preferably in a hotel.  When I think of how DD got it many years ago in a 4 inch pot, and now it's over 4 feet tall,  maybe I don't have a purple thumb after all.  It has been really happy here in our condo, out on the deck when it's warm enough, and in the kitchen all winter.  I was afraid it might get nipped by the cold while we were away, but it seems to have survived. Today I will wet an old dishtowel, and try to wipe down all the fronds, and make them clean and shiny.

• Like 21

Good morning all!

I love deviled eggs, especially the ones my sister makes for most of our family gatherings. I thought the quote was funny, and will find circles in my wine glass and bottle (thanks @Horizon chaser 1957!) 

At first I thought the meal would be too spicy for me, but I think it sounds really good if I cut way back on the spice, use Greek yogurt in place of mayo,  and definitely NO cilantro for me 😉  Will try it tonight.

Another step forward for our next cruise in July, I booked the Hotel New York (old HAL headquarters in Rotterdam) for 2 nights pre-cruise.  Getting excited!  Has anyone on the Daily stayed there before?  I remember walking past it on previous trips and was intrigued.

@msmayorI loved your story about the older couple.  It reminded me of a couple we saw on our recent Eurodam cruise (but they weren't *that* old).  He's blind, and she always lovingly helped him around -- even onto tenders!  And IMO he did better than a lot of us.  He got around very well (with her help).

@NCTribeFanyou will love the Eurodam and her crew!

@bdrcolecongratulations on your last treatment!

@Horizon chaser 1957safe travels!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have 5 cruises booked already on P&O Azura, Britannia,Iona and 2 on Anthem of the seas.

It looks like you get in to Newcastle on Wednesday 27th July at 10am and leave at 10pm.

We could meet you both at the terminal and arrange some places to visit if you like.

Graham.

That would be very nice to see you both there if all works out for that cruise.  Last time we were in Newcastle was in Sept. 2018 on the Prinsendam.  The ship provided a shuttle ride from the ship (docked in Tyne) to the train station in Tynemouth where we purchased tickets to the town of Newcastle upon Tyne.  Does anyone recall where Cruise Director Linda Minnick was from?  I seem to remember she said Newcastle.  

In Newcastle upon Tyne it was a very gloomy, chilly day but we walked around the town and viewed the Millennium Bridge, The Castle, and St. Nicholas Cathedral.  They even had a little sandy beach area with beach chairs and cabanas along the quayside.  Pretty optimistic on a cold day like we had!  We also saw the Chinatown Gate and the home of the Newcastle United Football club.  

Anyway, let's see what happens by next summer and we will keep your offer in mind for that stop.  Thank you, Graham for the nice offer.🙂

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That would be very nice to see you both there if all works out for that cruise.  Last time we were in Newcastle was in Sept. 2018 on the Prinsendam.  The ship provided a shuttle ride from the ship (docked in Tyne) to the train station in Tynemouth where we purchased tickets to the town of Newcastle upon Tyne.  Does anyone recall where Cruise Director Linda Minnick was from?  I seem to remember she said Newcastle.  

In Newcastle upon Tyne it was a very gloomy, chilly day but we walked around the town and viewed the Millennium Bridge, The Castle, and St. Nicholas Cathedral.  They even had a little sandy beach area with beach chairs and cabanas along the quayside.  Pretty optimistic on a cold day like we had!  We also saw the Chinatown Gate and the home of the Newcastle United Football club.  

Anyway, let's see what happens by next summer and we will keep your offer in mind for that stop.  Thank you, Graham for the nice offer.🙂

Linda Minniken is indeed from Newcastle..

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Good morning!

I love deviled eggs.  I like jerk chicken, too.

I've been to Basseterre several times.  I did island tours twice with Thenford Grey.  I also used him to schedule a small group tour over to Nevis.  There's just something about being up close to a volcano.  Well, not too close!  I think all my pics are on my laptop (I'm supposed to be working so am on my desktop).  I'll try to remember to post some later.  I have a "secret place" that I've been to twice.  I can't name it because it will get too popular and I'm selfish.  I want it to stay a "secret place" forever. 

Cool here this morning and only supposed to get into the md-50s this afternoon.

Two weeks from today, I should be boarding Eurodam!!

We did a Thenford Grey tour as well --- what a great man & a great tour!

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

No bars....

• Like 1

Quick post of the drink of the day.  Sinus headache and the screen hurts my eyes.

Old Pal:

The old pal is a cocktail originally made with rye whiskey, French vermouth, and Campari. It is similar to a Negroni, but with rye whiskey instead of gin and dry vermouth instead of sweet. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Rye whiskey
Ingredients: One part Campari, One part Rye whiskey, One part dry Vermouth
Preparation: Mix the 3 ingredients in a mixing glass, and add ice. Stir to chill, and strain into a cocktail glass.
Served: Stirred
Standard garnish: Lemon twist
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8