New Cruises on Website

Ataraxia

13 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

..Having looked through the new releases this morning I haven't been able to identify any Peninsular Club cruises. They are usually starred or highlighted. There's been a Caribbean one around the beginning of December in the last 2 or 3 years that we've been on.(not last year obviously). Or am I not looking 

Edited by Rupert2251

36 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I have narrowed my choices down to 25 🤣 

I've just shown my husband my list and he's crossed out 11 of them 🙄 so just 14 so mull over now and decide what fits in best with childcare duties.

• Like 3

Website seems to be better now, but wouldn’t let us pre register. My husband has just spoken to a very nice lady at P&O (surprisingly it only took about 5 minutes to get through on the phone!) and pre registered for R319 Aurora 3rd October 23. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

You sound like us! Great fun isn’t it.

Great fun now the website is working! I did some very angry ironing earlier when the website was down

lol.

There are so many things we have to time it round, our daughter is now working term times so we should be looking for school holidays but grandson will be 3 by then so chances are we may be free to go away in term time if daughter has produced baby number 2 by then?

I love the planning!

Just now, SarahHben said:

Great fun now the website is working! I did some very angry ironing earlier when the website was down

lol.

There are so many things we have to time it round, our daughter is now working term times so we should be looking for school holidays but grandson will be 3 by then so chances are we may be free to go away in term time if daughter has produced baby number 2 by then?

I love the planning!

My OH is self-employed so that’s a help and as I don’t teach anymore, I can in theory go any time. I still work full time though and to be honest, there’s always some do or another that we miss when going away so there’s never a perfect time.  We don’t have grandchildren yet but my parents are getting on so that’s always at the back of my mind. We just have to bite the bullet and then cancel if necessary as it’s not the end of the world if things don’t work out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaJane said:

Website seems to be better now, but wouldn’t let us pre register. My husband has just spoken to a very nice lady at P&O (surprisingly it only took about 5 minutes to get through on the phone!) and pre registered for R319 Aurora 3rd October 23. 

That's one that has caught my eye! It calls at Palermo which is near where my husband's family live, he suggested transferring our Jan 2023 cruise to that one - NO way!!!

• Like 1

In a pre-Covid world, I'd probably be interested in the 21 day Arcadia cruise in Aug 2023 to Iceland and Norway, as it's a slightly different itinerary. Or one of the Med cruises on Arvia to try out a new ship.

But in the Covid world, I feel I can't commit to something 2 years ahead, and I still have my cruises for May 2022 (Queen Victoria, and I'm currently luke warm about this one) and Iona in March 2023 to deal with.

I'll just wait and see what happens over the coming months. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SeaJane said:

My husband has just spoken to a very nice lady at P&O (surprisingly it only took about 5 minutes to get through on the phone!) and pre registered for R319 Aurora 3rd October 23. 

We are going for that one too!

• Like 1

I have £100 FCC leftover (for each of us two), can't find any cruise suitable, as we can only do during school holidays. P&O does not have much discount for 3rd and 4th passengers (children) during shcool holidays. Any suggestion? 

14 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Is that the only Peninsula one? As I haven’t spotted any others either

There are 23 altogether for 2023/24

If you click on which months and select 23/24 then search then select price it will show a box for extra discount for Peninsular Club. Then apply filter.

Edited by Rupert2251
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SeaJane said:

We have pre registered for that one too. Nice time of year to go to central med, plus we have not cruised on Aurora. No new ports but I am sure we will cope if we get on. 

54 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have pre registered for that one too. Nice time of year to go to central med, plus we have not cruised on Aurora. No new ports but I am sure we will cope if we get on. 

Until last year we’d cruised the Med in October every year since 2012. We’re looking forward to it as it will be our first cruise since Arcadia in October 2019 and nice to have 3 ports that we haven’t visited before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

How different we all are. I can only see one that remotely interests me...😂

I've whittled it down to 7 now 😁 It looks like we'll probably be flying out to Valetta in August, just need to decide which itinerary to pick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In a pre-Covid world, I'd probably be interested in the 21 day Arcadia cruise in Aug 2023 to Iceland and Norway, as it's a slightly different itinerary. Or one of the Med cruises on Arvia to try out a new ship.

But in the Covid world, I feel I can't commit to something 2 years ahead, and I still have my cruises for May 2022 (Queen Victoria, and I'm currently luke warm about this one) and Iona in March 2023 to deal with.

I'll just wait and see what happens over the coming months. 

I've just pre-registered for that Iceland/Norway cruise. It visits North Cape, which has been on my bucket list ever since the cruise there that I was going to make four or so years ago was torpedoed by P&O selling Adonia. Given the scenery, I felt it would be worth shelling out for a balcony cabin, which worked out a bit expensive as I'm a solo traveller. But by a vagary of P&O's pricing, a de luxe balcony cabin seemed to be cheaper than a regular balcony cabin, so that's what I went for.

I don't believe that Covid will be at anything like the level it is currently by summer 2023 (or even summer 2022, come to that).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have taken a quick look at the 2023 offerings but P&O are looking unlikely for us because there is nothing new for us.  We are going to wait for other lines to put their itineraries out before we decide what to do.  We don't mind paying more to get what we want and we think that P&O have reduced their standards to a level that are close to making cruising with them unattractive to us. 

I don't get paid for this but Celebrity are out for 2023 and Princess I think.

Have to say, that 21 day one on Arcadia looks different in August

I feel the same. Cannot see any itineraries which appeal. Just the same old ones. Will wait for other lines to say what they will be doing.

I fancied doing the Baltic again, but want to call at Gdynia and none do. Also wanted a British Isles calling at Portree, Isle of Skye, but no. I thought they said they would do more British Isles sailings, but not so.