The Daily for Thursday November 04, 2021

richwmn

Today is King Tut Day, Check Your Blood Pressure Day, and Use Your Common Sense Day

My one regret in life is that I am not someone else. - Woody Allen

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken Florentine

Drink of the Day - La Ciudad

Wine of the day - Columbia Crest Merlot - Washington - Red

Destination of the Day - Fort-De-France Martinique

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam Destination Funchal

At Sea Caribbean
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Port Everglades 00:00 - 24:00

Port Everglades FL US
Rotterdam Cleaning 00:00 - 24:00

San Francisco, California
Koningsdam 00:00 - 19:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Noordam Destination Panama Canal eta 11/12

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Long Beach CA US
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1104World.thumb.png.55883b386bc467a6248c62dda2f05d2f.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thank you for the Daily Report.

It's cold here this morning and we had snow overnight, hope it warms up this afternoon.

Interesting collection of days.  Like many, I'm fascinated by King Tut.  I checked my blood pressure this morning - it's good.  I always try to use common sense.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink of the day and wine are tasty too.

On this snowy day, I'll be happy to see pictures of sunny Martinique, a place I have not visited.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning and thanks for the daily report.  Hats off to King Tut.  I’ll remember to check my blood pressure today.  Common sense seems to be waning, I’ll try and make use of mine today.  Kind of a sad quote. The meal suggestion sounds delicious.  Have not been to today’s port and looking forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event.

• Like 27

Good morning.  Loved the King Tut exhibit.  The mask is breathtaking.  My blood pressure is fine except when I'm trying to work on a cruise.  I wish more people would use their common sense. Look forward to Debbie's recipe.

Prayers and toasts to our lists. 

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

LaCludad:

Ingredients:

1,75 oz blanco tequila
1,75 oz ginger liqueur
1,75 oz yellow Chartreuse
a squeeze of lime juice

Mixing:

Stir all ingredients with fresh ice and strain into a collins glass filled with ice. Garnish with some zest from the lime.

Glassware:

collins

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 7.05.52 AM.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  I try to use common sense and do check my blood pressure regularly.  King Tut is certainly fascinating.  Woody Allen has a strange sense of humor.  I have not been to Martinique.  Chicken Florentine sounds nice.  My alternative is Orange and Radiccio Salad, Chilled Melon Bisque, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken which I would have chosen on MS Prinsendam November 4, 2017 if I had not been in Canaletto.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
cunorl’s sister hospitalized with lymphona and DH’s sister recovering from stroke
kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice
summer slope’s friend Frank with back surgery  and his stressed wife Rita
From the rotation:
NextOne  DDIL with long haul Covid
57redbird DH awaiting November 29 prostate surgery
Grapau27 awaiting MOHS surgery November 17
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome to USA  Rotterdam VII
Welcome aboard kangforpres, Cruisercl, and unclerich
4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
SusieKIslandGirl onEurodam
horizonchaser1947 in Mexico
1Angelcat biopsy complete (awaiting results)
57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29
Ger_77 DH productive day planting nesting poles
mamaofami’s keeper doctor
Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

It is important to keep tabs on your blood pressure. Luckily mine has always been on the low side. I try to use common sense on a regular basis.

The meal sounds good, but I would have to make it just for me since DH only eats a couple of vegetables.

It is low 40's and raining this morning. The 🌞 is supposed to return tomorrow and stick around at least through the beginning of next week. That will be great so DH can put the new dining room window in and do the trim inside and out this weekend since the stone man says he can do our house next week. Other than that we'll continue painting trim and working on the shower. A nap may be necessary at some point today as neither of us slept well and have been awake since 3:00-3:30. We gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up at 4:00. I am not a good napper, but don't think I will make it through the football game tonight without one.

Hoping to hear some updates about our concerns list. 

@Horizon chaser 1957I hope you had a safe and smooth trip yesterday. 

Wishing everyone a great day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a very chilly northeast Ohio.  We've been promised a warm up next week.  

Not much on the agenda here today.  Just some cleaning and decluttering.   I washed the walls in the family room the other day.  I made it easy and used my swiffer mop.  Works like a charm.  

Today's meal looks really good.  There are a couple of variations to choose from depending on your tastes.   The first is from Giada de Laurentiis:   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-florentine-style-recipe-1942850

1220206331_ChickenFlorentine1.jpeg.a054a98c85d254e66fad48f515a1886b.jpeg

And, from Dinner at the Zoo:  https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/chicken-florentine/  Don't those mushrooms look wonderful?

chicken-florentine-14.thumb.jpg.c758997f12b7c964633d492369fdf3a5.jpg

And, lastly, we have a variation from Carlsbad Cravings:  https://carlsbadcravings.com/chicken-florentine/

Chicken-Florentine-v13.thumb.jpg.f03102699bdd8db617a122b2e3636b23.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

Very much enjoyed the King Tut exhibit I was lucky enough to see.  The boy King’s tomb showed us so much about Egypt’s past.  Wish there was more common sense in the world.  Sometimes I wonder where most peoples’ went.

D3CB9F63-5B54-49FC-B918-4E812D34C309.jpeg.4caf623c55fe843137e809b03ca18118.jpeg

Woody Allen’s quote seems like a sad one to me and the meal suggestion sounds like a good one.

Miko and I have an appointment with the vet this morning for his annual check up.  Oh joy 😔.

A52B6528-D7B2-47EA-A137-8A29BA1E8ACF.thumb.jpeg.41f1101bd37266c3f330b29a34f8edde.jpeg

When I get back it looks like I am going to have to move all my drying bulbs into the house.  Temps dropped below freezing last night (not forecast) and I don’t dare leave them out in case it happens again.  DAM 😠  

We went to Martinique many years ago and enjoyed our time.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!

D42DECB5-8DDD-4D19-B008-24A3776B1186.jpeg.7aad92045e395c36db93af358f4eab7c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 28
  • Haha 16

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

I encourage everyone to have an at-home blood pressure cuff. Especially those on BP medication.

When I see King Tut referenced , I immediately think of Steve Martin! But I do remember attending the traveling exhibit in 1977 at Chicago's Field Museum. I was one of 1.3 million that stood in line breaking attendance records.

• Like 26

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! What an interesting group of days to celebrate!

Thank you for our lists Roy! Morning Dailyite family! @summer slopehope Frank’s surgery went well. 

How exciting we had three new Dailyites post yesterday! Looks like another beauty of a morning. But rain will eventually move in. Just not sure when. Off to the gym. Will check in later. 

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Columbia Crest Merlot

I used the review of 2017 vintage of this very affordable Merlot. This wine is widely available. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $7.97!

Natalie's Score: 91/100

Love this Merlot! Rich and layered, concentrated and balanced with ripe black fruit, smoky and savoury flavours vibrant and finishing plushy and long on the palate. The Merlot wine grape has tighter and smaller grape clusters so skin to juice ratio when macerating and fermenting is lower which results in the more flavour compounds transferring to the juice (wine) before the skins are removed Pair this slow-braised veal shanks or roast duck.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  It's a chilly morning here with rain expected most of the morning.  Still dark but I think the sprinkles have started already.  We will be warming up next week, too, like @JAM37said.  We had already decided to stay home this morning instead of walking or even driving to the gym at our community amenity center.  DH made me promise to do a slow, low incline, shortened treadmill walk today because I took a spill at the bottom of the stairs last evening.  We were trying to carry down a 4' x 6' heavy piece of masonite, and maneuver a turn at the bottom of the stairs while not nicking the newel post.  I forgot which step I was on I guess and fell down the bottom two, banging the back of my head into the wall.  Left me with a very sore head and a slight dent in the drywall for us to repair.  The masonite was to protect the wood floor in front of the wall oven.  The repairmen had a difficult job getting that thing in and out of the cabinet.  They had a special adjustable "table" on wheels to maneuver the oven onto.  Once they got the damaged lower element out and replaced, they tried about 6 different times trying to get the oven back in the wall cabinet.  Something was hanging up back behind it.  Finally they got it back in place and all seems to be well.  But I don't think we'll use the self clean feature again because we all feel that helps to burn these elements out.  It was falling apart in places.  They left us until the end of the day for our repair so that was a little aggravating waiting so long.  Then I fell helping with the masonite board.  Not a great ending to our day!🤕

Thanks @richwmnfor the Daily.  You must be having rain today too.  Thanks also to @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  I agree with @JAM37it would be nice to get some updates on our Care list people.  I like using my common sense, but sometimes I fail (like yesterday - watch your step!), and am happy to say my blood pressure is usually low and never been a problem.  The chicken florentine looks really good.  Thank you @dfishfor those amazing recipes!  The quote today may be appropriate for Woody Allen.🙄  We have not seen Fort-De-France, Martinique before but wouldn't mind doing that someday.  We shall see!

It's great to see the ships at sea with all the passengers enjoying their long-awaited cruises.  It will be even better when all our BHBeauties are sailing again.  Have a wonderful (and safe) day!

• Like 30

Good afternoon.

It is 48°F and sunny today.

Thank you Rich for today's daily.

Interesting days today.

I check my blood pressure every few months because I have been on blood pressure tablets for about 15 years.

As long as you use common sense most daily events should be straightforward.

I believe and hope we all should be happy with who we are so I disagree with the quote today.

Nice food and drink today.

Today's ports is one we have not been too.

Prayers for everyone 🙏 on the care list.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211104_115924_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Like 28

53 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  I try to use common sense and do check my blood pressure regularly.  King Tut is certainly fascinating.  Woody Allen has a strange sense of humor.  I have not been to Martinique.  Chicken Florentine sounds nice.  My alternative is Orange and Radiccio Salad, Chilled Melon Bisque, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken which I would have chosen on MS Prinsendam November 4, 2017 if I had not been in Canaletto.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
cunorl’s sister hospitalized with lymphona and DH’s sister recovering from stroke
kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice
summer slope’s friend Frank with back surgery  and his stressed wife Rita
From the rotation:
NextOne  DDIL with long haul Covid
57redbird DH awaiting November 29 prostate surgery
Grapau27 awaiting MOHS surgery November 17
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome to USA  Rotterdam VII
Welcome aboard kangforpres, Cruisercl, and unclerich
4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
SusieKIslandGirl onEurodam
horizonchaser1947 in Mexico
1Angelcat biopsy complete (awaiting results)
57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29
Ger_77 DH productive day planting nesting poles
mamaofami’s keeper doctor
Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and for my inclusion on the rotation list.

Graham.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Today is King Tut Day, Check Your Blood Pressure Day, and Use Your Common Sense Day

My one regret in life is that I am not someone else. - Woody Allen

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken Florentine

Drink of the Day - La Ciudad

Wine of the day - Columbia Crest Merlot - Washington - Red

Destination of the Day - Fort-De-France Martinique

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam Destination Funchal

At Sea Caribbean
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Port Everglades 00:00 - 24:00

Port Everglades FL US
Rotterdam Cleaning 00:00 - 24:00

San Francisco, California
Koningsdam 00:00 - 19:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Noordam Destination Panama Canal eta 11/12

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Long Beach CA US
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1104World.thumb.png.55883b386bc467a6248c62dda2f05d2f.png

Rich:

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report/

• Like 11

Good morning  to all.King Tut should have his own day and we do check BP  here frequently. Common sense appears to be in short supply lately.

@dfish,all 3 recipes look so good.I think I will try the second  one,thanks.

@ger_77,I thought of you while walking the dog this morning. I know we are delicate flowers here compared to those  who live in the frozen tundra.I did have my gloves on today!

@StLouisCruisers,I hope you are alright today as that sounds like a serious fall.Glad the oven got fixed-I don't  use the self clean option  either.

@JAM37 I also was up at 3 am and have been doing this frequently  for the last few weeks.It is beyond annoying!

Terry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a another bright and sunny day at the beach

Although the next couple of days are precited to be stormy. We will see. Will get my errands done today just in case.

The dinner suggestion looks good, thanks @dfish for the recipes.

Woody Allen was a strange man.

Was at todays port many years ago.

@StLouisCruisers That is terrible about your fall! I hope you feel better soon.

My sister was released from the hospital last night. Yeah!  They are holding on the chemo because her blood counts have been so low. She received 5 units of blood. She is a trooper though. She is a knitter and belongs to several different knitting groups. She sent my other sister out to get her more yarn. She knits hats, scarfs and mittens and they put them on the fence in front of the church. If you need one, you just take it. They have been doing it for the past several years and it is quite successful. Last year she made mittens for all the kids in her 2 grandchildrens class. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 30

Good morning everyone. I saw the King Tut exhibit many years ago at the Metropolitan Museum in NYC and loved it. We take our blood pressure regularly.I try to use common sense every day and I love Woody Allen’s movies , although I know many people don’t .

Today I’m off to a check up at my Opthomologist. He’s a half hour away but it’s worth the drive. I usually go to Florida in December so have half year visits with most of my doctors in November.

Stay safe out there everyone,

Carol

• Like 26

Thank you everyone so much for your prayers for my friends Frank and Rita.  Just heard back from her.  It was a 4.5 hour surgery with some problems in recovery.  Did a CT scan and everything is normal.  She thanks each of you and says your prayers have helped with his stress.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a chilly morning here with rain expected most of the morning.  Still dark but I think the sprinkles have started already.  We will be warming up next week, too, like @JAM37said.  We had already decided to stay home this morning instead of walking or even driving to the gym at our community amenity center.  DH made me promise to do a slow, low incline, shortened treadmill walk today because I took a spill at the bottom of the stairs last evening.  We were trying to carry down a 4' x 6' heavy piece of masonite, and maneuver a turn at the bottom of the stairs while not nicking the newel post.  I forgot which step I was on I guess and fell down the bottom two, banging the back of my head into the wall.  Left me with a very sore head and a slight dent in the drywall for us to repair.  The masonite was to protect the wood floor in front of the wall oven.  The repairmen had a difficult job getting that thing in and out of the cabinet.  They had a special adjustable "table" on wheels to maneuver the oven onto.  Once they got the damaged lower element out and replaced, they tried about 6 different times trying to get the oven back in the wall cabinet.  Something was hanging up back behind it.  Finally they got it back in place and all seems to be well.  But I don't think we'll use the self clean feature again because we all feel that helps to burn these elements out.  It was falling apart in places.  They left us until the end of the day for our repair so that was a little aggravating waiting so long.  Then I fell helping with the masonite board.  Not a great ending to our day!🤕

Thanks @richwmnfor the Daily.  You must be having rain today too.  Thanks also to @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  I agree with @JAM37it would be nice to get some updates on our Care list people.  I like using my common sense, but sometimes I fail (like yesterday - watch your step!), and am happy to say my blood pressure is usually low and never been a problem.  The chicken florentine looks really good.  Thank you @dfishfor those amazing recipes!  The quote today may be appropriate for Woody Allen.🙄  We have not seen Fort-De-France, Martinique before but wouldn't mind doing that someday.  We shall see!

It's great to see the ships at sea with all the passengers enjoying their long-awaited cruises.  It will be even better when all our BHBeauties are sailing again.  Have a wonderful (and safe) day!

Sorry to hear you had a fall yesterday Sandi.

Hopefully you are feeling a lot better today.

I have done the same thing carrying something downstairs and miscalculated the bottom 2 stairs and i hurt my right knee.

Hopefully your oven/microwave unit is fixed now.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I am doing fine today.  Thank you @summer slope, @smitty34877, @cunnorl, and @grapau27for your concern and good wishes.  I don't have a headache and only feel the sore spot when I press on that spot.  So I should stop pressing, right?😉

Photos in the middle of the repair turmoil.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGIogCORC3mqghVV7lA1T55cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636028834

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO46YClvO6Xh_sj8BoUY3e4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636029942

• Like 30