Carnival Shares

Electra 7

can anyone tell me if I should get a confirmation that my application for the shareholder benefit has been accepted or will I only find out onboard

we go next Monday and have not heard anything 

we always had them applied and confirmation sent out with P&O

7 hours ago, Electra 7 said:

can anyone tell me if I should get a confirmation that my application for the shareholder benefit has been accepted or will I only find out onboard

we go next Monday and have not heard anything 

we always had them applied and confirmation sent out with P&O

Did you submit your application at least 3 weeks before the start of your cruise? - it is one of the conditions I believe.

10 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Maybe.

Sometimes we have received email confirmation, sometimes not.

I always print out either the confirmation or my application to take with me but it's never been needed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so looking forward to it

8 hours ago, wooltonhill said:

If you booked direct with Cunard then they will notify you when credit applied in my experience. If you booked via a travel agent they will be able to tell you if it has been applied, but Cunard will not notify you direct.

Thanks will contact the travel agent on Monday

It's probably different, and hopefully better, in the UK.  But here in the US we have never ever received a confirmation from Cunard.  Other Carnival lines do provide confirmation.  After we fax (yes, fax, welcome to 1995) our request to Santa Clarita, we wait a few days and then contact our TA for confirmation.  A couple of times we had to fax again.

13 hours ago, Electra 7 said:

Thanks will contact the travel agent on Monday

They may not have been notified specifically about this. But they may have received a second booking confirmation, which looks the same as the first. But buried somewhere in the small print it shows your OBC. I can't remember if it mentions Shareholder Benefit or just shows the amount. On one occasion ours changed from, let's say, $150 on the first confirmation to $250 on the second. Very easy to overlook.

21 hours ago, bbtablet said:

Did you submit your application at least 3 weeks before the start of your cruise? - it is one of the conditions I believe.

I requested our benefit about 5-6 weeks out, simply because I had just gotten my brokerage statement (and the next one would have been too close to the embarkation date). I figured I'd get my wrist slapped if it was too early. I just paid the final deposit and noticed the benefit did appear on the revised booking confirmation I just received.

In rereading your post you may have meant that you have to make the request 3 weeks in advance, or more. If so, ignore this!!

Edited by frankp01

23 hours ago, Zoxozoxo said:

Is anyone holding their shares with Freetrade? I am holding the required 100shares but experiencing problems dealing Carnival. 

Zoxozoxo if you are in the UK, then download a copy of your  up to date statement showing your Name and the qualifying number of Carnival shares, with your account number crossed out and attach the information to an email and send to

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 3:46 AM, tv24 said:

It's probably different, and hopefully better, in the UK.  But here in the US we have never ever received a confirmation from Cunard.  Other Carnival lines do provide confirmation.  After we fax (yes, fax, welcome to 1995) our request to Santa Clarita, we wait a few days and then contact our TA for confirmation.  A couple of times we had to fax again.

How do you fax? Not being funny, i have no idea how that is done in 2021

8 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

We feed a bunch of paper into a strange machine which makes a whirrring noise and the paper comes out the other end.  It's all magical in a very 1990 way.  Old school.

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

We feed a bunch of paper into a strange machine which makes a whirrring noise and the paper comes out the other end.  It's all magical in a very 1990 way.  Old school.

Very old school which is no longer done in the UK.

20 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

1. Use a fax machine at your office if you're lucky enough to still have one of those.

2. Use a multi-function printer with fax capability (if you can find one) which you attach to a telephone landline (if you still have one of those) to work like a fax machine.

3. Use a PC with a fax modem that you can attach to a telephone landline and use software that makes your PC work like a fax machine.

4. Find a store that offers faxing services (such as Staples, Copyworks or the UPS Store here in the US).

5. Find an online service that offers faxing services.

There may be a few more options but that's all I can come up with off the top of my head. Here in the US, I use the snail-mail alternative and post my shareholder benefit requests. I would love to see the US catch up with the UK and allow us to send shareholder benefit requests via email.

We are boarding the QM2 Dec. 13 and did our old school fax thing to Santa Clarita today.  We can deal with the whirring fax experience.  What we can't deal with is the fact that Santa Clarita never confirms receipt of the request and posting of the OBC.  A few days from now we will ask our TA if the OBC has been posted.  At times in the past we have had to hover over the fax machine again because the Santa Clarita staff ignored our initial request.  Not White Star Service.

The share price plummeted soon after the pandemic started - and has bobbed up and down not that far from current values for much of the past year - but it is still almost double the price compared to its lowest point last year, though a long way to go to regain the value it had in 2018!  If you have shares I guess it will need lots of patience if you want to wait until it gets back up to the price you may have paid for them a few years ago!