We had our Dec cruise canceled!

This morning we were going to check to see if our luggage tags were ready to print but....we got more than a surprise, it was disaster! Our cruise on the Allure Dec 5 was canceled and given no reason! I called Royal but since we used a travel agent, we'll have to talk to her on Mon. It's going to be a very long and nerve racking weekend! 

Has this happened to anyone else? If so did it get resolved? 

4 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

This morning we were going to check to see if our luggage tags were ready to print but....we got more than a surprise, it was disaster! Our cruise on the Allure Dec 5 was canceled and given no reason! I called Royal but since we used a travel agent, we'll have to talk to her on Mon. It's going to be a very long and nerve racking weekend! 

This cruise still shows as available for booking with cabins in all categories still available. The only thing that I can think of that would cause your specific reservation to be cancelled is the TA never made the final payment on the cruise.

Capture.JPG

• Like 3

Check your credit card to see if it has been charged for the final payment.

Final payment was probably yesterday, travel agent should have paid 7 to 10 days before that.................Plus I highly doubt Royal would cancel your confirmation only 1 day past due.............Sounds like an IT issue

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

I am on the same cruise.  I am able to access the booking and purchase dining, etc. on the cruise planner. Ours has been paid in full for a while, but final payment date would have been yesterday.  Is it possible your TA missed it?  Or possibly prepaid gratuities were added later and still shown as a balance?

11 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

It's probably best to spend the weekend looking for a new TA ... that is available on weekends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Final payment was probably yesterday, travel agent should have paid 7 to 10 days before that.................Plus I highly doubt Royal would cancel your confirmation only 1 day past due.............Sounds like an IT issue

There were numerous problems with my (one and only, thank goodness) FCC.  After initially being issued to my deceased SO (who died long before it would have even been possible to book the cruise), it was eventually reissued to my SO, in the wrong amount.  It left the deposit on the new cruise $14 dollars short, and the booking was automatically canceled by Royal’s computer, with no notice either before or afterwards.  The computer cancels cruises with no oversight/review by a human employee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

We paid the cruise with Air2Sea off Sept. 3, so come Mon, hopefully we can get it resolved. We may not get the original ocean view cabin but there seems to be a lot open. We just have to stay positive!!! 

Did you pay the TA or Royal?  If you paid the TA, I wonder if they missed the payment to Royal?  

13 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

We paid the cruise with Air2Sea off Sept. 3, so come Mon, hopefully we can get it resolved. We may not get the original ocean view cabin but there seems to be a lot open. We just have to stay positive!!! 

I've also checked on my Travel Agent site -- still open to booking, and there are many cabins available.

Hopefully, it's just a glitch.

Enjoy your cruise !!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DMWT Cruiser said:

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

Did you check your reservation on both the app and the website?

Did all payments that you made post to your credit card on or about the date the payment was authorized?

Interesting, when I talked to Royal, I said on the app it shows the reservation but she said on her end it's canceled.

9 minutes ago, DMWT Cruiser said:

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

Did you check your reservation on both the app and the website?

Did all payments that you made post to your credit card on or about the date the payment was authorized?

Yes, we checked both the app and website, app stated yes, website stated no. The credit card shows paid. We're hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Our final payment due date was Sept. 6, we paid Sept. 3. We're just hoping to get everything resolved and get on the ship!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Do you have a recent invoice that shows it paid in full?

If I use a TA, I always ask them to request (and forward to me) a RCI invoice after final payment is made.

Yes, the invoice shows paid in full, we're staying hopeful!

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've also checked on my Travel Agent site -- still open to booking, and there are many cabins available.

Hopefully, it's just a glitch.

Enjoy your cruise !!

We're hoping to resolve this, just want to get on the ship and enjoy!

27 minutes ago, Cruiser1862 said:

My TA is always available by email and has an emergency contact. She lets everyone know if she’ll be unavailable and who to contact in her absence. 

So is mine but this weekend she's in Disneyland with her family. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lovinlife58 said:

Interesting, when I talked to Royal, I said on the app it shows the reservation but she said on her end it's canceled.

It's only showing on your app cause you haven't updated it.....refresh the app and it will probably not be there anymore if Royal is saying it's showing cancelled on their end.

Edited by bajathree