Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

18 hours ago, cruiservirginia said:

Boarded Quest on January 23 for Caribbean Sunsets cruise.  162 onboard including approximately 10 guest lecturers and performers .  Testing at the port was very efficient.  No additional testing planned for passengers unless required to return home.  Captain said all crew members have exited quarantine.

Only 162 guests onboard....wow!  AZ must be losing their shirts on these cruises.

Enjoy your "private" yacht and keep us updated please.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sandora52 said:

Are you speaking of my post on the Dec. 23 sailing? 

No, Sandora.  I was referring to a post by "gbphipps" under the "Quarantine on Azamara" thread.  If you've posted a quarantine experience, can you direct me to it?  I'd like to read it as well.

2 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Glad to know things are going well on both ships.  For those of you on Journey, did you have to undergo another covid test onboard before you were able to disembark in Maderia?

We were on the Journey on January 8th . No further testing was required. Temperature was taken daily and on disembarkation. 

Embarking, we had a lateral flow test . We arrived at the port and were in Windows within an hour.

A very positive trip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Glad to know things are going well on both ships.  For those of you on Journey, did you have to undergo another covid test onboard before you were able to disembark in Maderia?

No restriction for going a shore in Madeira, be it on a ships excursion or a DIY tour.

Just walk off and enjoy Funchal and Madeira.👍

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SunnyNy said:

I wonder if anyone on this thread is able to comment on any information or experience with covid quarantine on recent Azamara cruises. I realize there is already a thread on this subject, but only one passenger has shared her experience.

Although quarantine by definition is restrictive and certainly no picnic,  the treatment  she describes in her post seems especially harsh and generally sounded very unlike Azamara's typical regard for passengers.

totally agree

Has anyone done shore exc in St Thomas, St Marten or Barbados in the past few weeks, was wondering if they pick up right at the ship or if you have to walk the horrid long way to the terminal area? I might need to bring my walking sticks if so.

When we were berthed in the first slot in Barbados, we could walk to the terminal.  Later we moved back and they put up a fence to separate us from the P&O passengers who had our old spot – I wondered if they were doing a turnaround and immigration wanted to keep their departing passengers separate?  But my intrepid DW found a way around the blockade on the way back...

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

Thank you, different format than I had, but it should work.

That list seems to be incomplete.... for example, Quest on March 17 is not listed.

I use  http://www.whatsinport.com/index.htm   a good guide to any port... have to click each country/port  to get to cruise sked for that port, but interesting info on ports we have not been to...

20 hours ago, silkismom said:

Has anyone done shore exc in St Thomas, St Marten or Barbados in the past few weeks, was wondering if they pick up right at the ship or if you have to walk the horrid long way to the terminal area? I might need to bring my walking sticks if so.

We are in St Maarten today.  We didn't take an excursion, but we got a taxi into town right at the gangplank.

On the Journey - Heard tonight that cancelling the rest of the Canary cruises had an upside.  So far they're expecting 290 of the cruise of January 29th. But some of the crew have already departed, so staff will need to work harder.  But have no fear - they will do an excellent job!

Eileen

• Like 4

So, the cruise is over and we are leaving the Journey tomorrow. Zero covid and all in all we are satisfied with things as they are. No chocolate buffet and no officers BBQ  so it is obvious that they are cutting down.

Next cruise is the last for Journey for more than three months and they will sail to Prevezza and make preparations to sail again from Athens on May 26th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

So, the cruise is over and we are leaving the Journey tomorrow. Zero covid and all in all we are satisfied with things as they are. No chocolate buffet and no officers BBQ  so it is obvious that they are cutting down.

Next cruise is the last for Journey for more than three months and they will sail to Prevezza and make preparations to sail again from Athens on May 26th.

About cutting down, I guess the safety in regards to COVID, is the main reason.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sovilav01 said:

About cutting down, I guess the safety in regards to COVID, is the main reason.

I think you’re right. Both the events mentioned are buffets that include queuing up for food - can’t realistically be kept social distanced & can’t stop people touching dishes etc.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I think you’re right. Both the events mentioned are buffets that include queuing up for food - can’t realistically be kept social distanced & can’t stop people touching dishes etc.

As far as I have seen, the Quest has arranged all of the above events just last week.

8 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

As far as I have seen, the Quest has arranged all of the above events just last week.

Friend commented at Christmas how little Journey did and how invisible some officers were (not the captain he was about) compared to what Quest was doing at the same time, and with higher covid rates as well.  Maybe a different approach to the hotel/catering?