Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Thanks to all posting here for all of the info.  We were booked on the March 4 West Africa cruise, which has now been cancelled (not surprising).  When we booked in May of last year, I knew it would be a bit of a crapshoot, since Azamara now has new owners.  Royal Caribbean sold Azamara to a hedge fund earlier this year.  I think there will likely be many changes and growing pains that will be further complicated by Covid.  But we’re going to hang in there and give it a shot.  We’re more geared toward the itineraries, and Azamara really does have some of the best.  

11 hours ago, 1337sailing said:

That's great!  I think Azamara was saying originally that Portugal might not allow independent excursions.  Are any of the activity areas / food options closed with the reduced capacity?

As per other posts, main difference we’ve seen is that The Patio is closed in the evening and only one of the specialities open but with a menu across both restaurants which was really good on Saturday. Doing Chefs Table tonight so will report in on how that goes. 
Lots of other activities going on, and everyone seems to be happily complying with masks,social distancing etc.

Captain Phillipes welcome last night was great, I think this his first turn back at the helm

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The website directs you to pier 4 & 5 at the port of Miami, but I think I have seen posts from others about pier J? What’s the real scoop?

Terminal J.  The pier for smaller luxury ships.

Patio is fully open for dinner.  Aqualina and Prime C both open.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful Caribbean themed dinner just had in Windows Cafe being served from limited menu, that is served-to you.  We sat on the back where the sunset bar is looking at the stars!  Chef Nathan outdid  himself!  I bet the culinary team love the creativity that these limited dish themed menus provide! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Beautiful Caribbean themed dinner just had in Windows Cafe being served from limited menu, that is served-to you.  We sat on the back where the sunset bar is looking at the stars!  Chef Nathan outdid  himself!  I bet the culinary team love the creativity that these limited dish themed menus provide! 

I agree they were a delight when we were onboard and so much better than a more generic buffet.  

Thanks so much for your continued well balanced reports, you are giving such good feedback on what most guests can expect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had another long post composed and CC would not allow it to post.  Had to get rid of cookies and try again later….eats up minutes!

we had to retest for Covid today in preparation for. Barbados on 12/16.  If we retest they will allow independent touring.  We were all assigned times and went to LR.  It still took about 45 min in line…..just pack your patience and bring it with you, please!  

We had one positive case, according to Captains announcement.  They have been quarantined.  He said it’s the third case since restart.  

we were also late getting to Nevis, about 3 hrs late due to assist we had to give to sailboat on way here in early morning.  We slept thru the whole thing but apparently there was a USCG helicopter on standby but the sailboat was towed away by a local boat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As far as testing goes when I arrived the lune was out the door.I went back to cabin and went up over an hour later. Still a brief wait at 12 sometime.

1. I was told their computer broke down by my test person,

2. I think we need more help.

3. the time it started was 8 am ,.I was there just after 12.

4.as we are sailing almost full next cruise ..maybe afternoon testing for those who stay on ship to give testers and our crew a break.

I slept thru last night..never knew we stopped. Woke up to us still still sailing vs anchor. I also heard yacht but who knows,n

53 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

As far as testing goes when I arrived the lune was out the door.I went back to cabin and went up over an hour later. Still a brief wait at 12 sometime.

1. I was told their computer broke down by my test person,

2. I think we need more help.

3. the time it started was 8 am ,.I was there just after 12.

4.as we are sailing almost full next cruise ..maybe afternoon testing for those who stay on ship to give testers and our crew a break.

I slept thru last night..never knew we stopped. Woke up to us still still sailing vs anchor. I also heard yacht but who knows,n

It was a sailboat, it's jib was in tatters.  It was teathered to a small fishing boat, but it was too small to tow the larger sailboat.  A coastguard helicopter came out and circled till the coast guard ship arrived.  I have pictures, but internet not good enough to load pics.

• Thanks 1

Just now, caymancouple said:

It was a sailboat, it's jib was in tatters.  It was teathered to a small fishing boat, but it was too small to tow the larger sailboat.  A coastguard helicopter came out and circled till the coast guard ship arrived.  I have pictures, but internet not good enough to load pics.

20211214_081318.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a follow up from Journey and the Chefs Table on Tuesday evening. It was back to previous format at the long table in Prime C accommodating a total of 12 which was a tad unexpected but so so memorable….that combination of food, wine & great company which can not be beaten.

Life continues to feel pretty safe, on shore there seems to be an expectation of mask wearing outside and in … ongoing chat about what Boris or Nicola might come up with next is always about.

However as the sun sets, and we leave for Tenerife feeling very blessed.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Mrs Skip said:

Just a follow up from Journey and the Chefs Table on Tuesday evening. It was back to previous format at the long table in Prime C accommodating a total of 12 which was a tad unexpected but so so memorable….that combination of food, wine & great company which can not be beaten.

Life continues to feel pretty safe, on shore there seems to be an expectation of mask wearing outside and in … ongoing chat about what Boris or Nicola might come up with next is always about.

However as the sun sets, and we leave for Tenerife feeling very blessed.

One of the factors for such high turnout must be the amount of free OBC they have been giving lately, they have to let people spend it somehow! Glad to hear that you are having a great time, we are boarding on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, BritishLandS said:

One of the factors for such high turnout must be the amount of free OBC they have been giving lately, they have to let people spend it somehow! Glad to hear that you are having a great time, we are boarding on Saturday.

Enjoy your time onboard

Another reason of relaxations could be that different countries are setting different rules that have to apply onboard ships docking in them - Italy and France were tight, USA seems to be very tight, Spain may be more relaxed - for now.......

• Like 3

Happy to report we are having a real White Night tonight in Barbados aboard Quest.  They have approval from Barbados Health authorities.  We will be seated at our tables and given a color.  When your color is called, you can go to the buffet with your masks on.  Will give a report on our experience after the event tonight!  We are in port until 10 pm and free to move about independently since our testing aboard ship in advance two days ago.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Fingers crossed this White Night makes it! Lots of wind right now, but they are carrying on with all the set up!!  I hope we can have it up on deck!    Lots of work for the crew!

On my Alaska cruise a couple of years ago, we started out on deck with mild temperatures, and then we set out and it suddenly became freezing! Everyone fled to the MDR, which did a wonderful job of accommodating an unexpected onslaught of diners! 

We did it!  First White Night accomplished!  
It was great to have one again!  We had a wonderful grilled meal and lots of options.  Filet mignon, lamb, lobster tails, slow cooked Caribbean pork, shrimp, plantains, etc.  we happened to be the last color called so we had a later meal, but it was all good.

The music and dancing was great.  The weather cooperated !  Officers were serving and the Captain was greeting everyone at our tables.

Bravo Quest!  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

It was great to have one again!  We had a wonderful grilled meal and lots of options.  Filet mignon, lamb, lobster tails, slow cooked Caribbean pork, shrimp, plantains, etc.  we happened to be the last color called so we had a later meal, but it was all good.

The music and dancing was great.  The weather cooperated !  Officers were serving and the Captain was greeting everyone at our tables.

Bravo Quest!  

Very glad to hear that the weather has cooperated finally.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Bravo Quest!  

Sounds wonderful and almost "normal"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Bravo Quest!  

Makes me teary eyed!  So looking forward to March now

• Like 1