Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

33 minutes ago, Riocca said:

There’s a champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte) included in the Ultimate Package.

Thank you, yes, I’m very familiar with NF as it’s included in MSC Yacht Club, which I’ve experienced on a number of cruises.  Not a great one (love Veuve Cliquot) but will do in a pinch. 😁

• Like 3

If they have jacked it up to $15 from $10, I think that is somewhat out of order. Low corkage was only a small reason I booked but it was a factor I was aware of, given other lines charge rather more. I'm buying the ultimate package anyway so I regard it as a bit unsporting to be whacking $15 on a bottle I take to the restaurant. It means I drink less of their more 'expensive' wine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thank you, yes, I’m very familiar with NF as it’s included in MSC Yacht Club, which I’ve experienced on a number of cruises.  Not a great one (love Veuve Cliquot) but will do in a pinch. 😁

Verve Cliquot was available as an option on Onwards Maiden, not sure if this is going to be a thing or it was just on the maiden. Both were available so it wasn’t a case of them being out of NF.

Just now, Riocca said:

Verve Cliquot was available as an option on Onwards Maiden, not sure if this is going to be a thing or it was just on the maiden. Both were available so it wasn’t a case of them being out of NF.

That’s interesting as I thought it was because there wasn’t an alternative.  Maybe Az was just “pushing the boat out” (pardon the pun) to make the inaugural special.   MSC used to have a drinks package which covered all drinks by the glass, which included Veuve (and Johnny Walker Blue!). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

Not offered on Quest it’s only NF for the Ultimate 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, laurieb said:

Not a big deal, but corkage on the Journey is now 15.00.  

my Onward cruise paperwork for December shows

". You may bring your own favourite spirit, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your spirit, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $25." 

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

That’s interesting as I thought it was because there wasn’t an alternative.  Maybe Az was just “pushing the boat out” (pardon the pun) to make the inaugural special.   MSC used to have a drinks package which covered all drinks by the glass, which included Veuve (and Johnny Walker Blue!). 

You can still drink your personal supply out on deck somewhere as well as in your cabin, just not in the restaurants. Take your bottle in an ice bucket and sit overlooking the pool while you sip.

• Like 1

Just now, Port Power said:

You can still drink your personal supply out on deck somewhere as well as in your cabin, just not in the restaurants. Take your bottle in an ice bucket and sit overlooking the pool while you sip. P

P.S.  Carry the last glass into the restaurant with you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Port Power said:

You can still drink your personal supply out on deck somewhere as well as in your cabin, just not in the restaurants. Take your bottle in an ice bucket and sit overlooking the pool while you sip.

Cheers, PP.  Celebrating a milestone birthday (60th - 2 days before embarkation).  Was thinking of bringing a bottle of bubbly onboard ( wouldn’t be bothered, otherwise).  We have an aft cabin - may just pop it at sailaway and enjoy the wake.  

• Like 4

On 7/22/2022 at 10:39 AM, uktog said:

I will report how life goes or whether I’m “strange souvenir shopping” in Lerwick 

Ann, did you have to make the journey to the Co-Op in Lerwick?

I doing a check for my sister and BIL who embark on their first Az onboard Quest on the 30th August, and I've warned her to visit any well known retailer in Southampton before boarding.

1 hour ago, norn iron said:

Ann, did you have to make the journey to the Co-Op in Lerwick?

I doing a check for my sister and BIL who embark on their first Az onboard Quest on the 30th August, and I've warned her to visit any well known retailer in Southampton before boarding.

I did indeed and i would advise your sister in law to come prepared. We only upgraded our drinks package after supplies were secured 😀

• Thanks 1

Hi all. I'm aboard Quest too on the Norway intensive.  It's incredible. Of course, the crew is great and I never know how they recognize us from cruise to cruise- one even remembered our names! (It's been 7 months)   Finally have some internet from the Hotel Victoria next to the ship here in Stavanger,.  I am sitting on the balcony making use of it.  Hi Uktog!

Much more mask wearing now that we are a week in. The captain has kept us posted on the covid cases.  We were at double digits on Sunday, and at the Azamara cruise circle event he said that the doctor would like it if we wore masks indoors and not to mix outside of our travel parties at meals.   That day, there had been a spike in cases.  And he said that he would not be around quite as much.   They were also working on getting more tour buses so that people can spread out.   He didn't want to risk us getting turned away from ports.     LOTS of masks that night and on the tenders the next day.  The next day, were 2 additional cases and the captain was relieved and said that was normal and hoped that it would stay that way but appreciated all of mask wearing.   He did make a point that he thought that he scared us all off of the evening entertainment of the singers and dancers due to the empty seats.    The next day - he made of point of saying that he would be at  the special classical concert.

Norway is wonderful.  Even had some sun. Though making up for that today.  The entertainment has been good.  Last night we had another local group - a piano and violin classical concert.  They came from Bergan and came aboard in Rosendal for the evening. They added a 2nd concert to spread us out a bit.       The concert four our Destination Celebration that UKtog mentioned, was very good. The best of all the Azamazing evenings as far as the performance goes that I have experienced.   

This cruise is very casual as we are adventuring outdoors a lot - hiking and long long tours.  We notice that a lot more people take the stairs that we have seen before and people are very sporty. 🙂

Because this is a Norway intensive - they have brought aboard local strawberries and cooked a Norwegian dessert with it - Alex and Rizhard (sp?) did,  The captain was very excited. Also fresh caught fish one night,  Mussels coming tonight, and yesterday Jule - one of the head waiters bought 24 kilos of cheese in Rosendal for White night.  

We find that there are subtle changes to the food - for the better in my opinion.  Different bread baskets to go with the themed nights, different welcome drinks at the gangway each day (One day it was "warm beer with cognac" - THAT was different)          Enjoying it all.

-Allison

Edited by PAtravelbug
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, PAtravelbug said:

Hi all. I'm aboard Quest too on the Norway intensive.  It's incredible. Of course, the crew is great and I never know how they recognize us from cruise to cruise- one even remembered our names! (It's been 7 months)   Finally have some internet from the Hotel Victoria next to the ship here in Stavanger,.  I am sitting on the balcony making use of it.  Hi Uktog!

Much more mask wearing now that we are a week in. The captain has kept us posted on the covid cases.  We were at double digits on Sunday, and at the Azamara cruise circle event he said that the doctor would like it if we wore masks indoors and not to mix outside of our travel parties at meals.   That day, there had been a spike in cases.  And he said that he would not be around quite as much.   They were also working on getting more tour buses so that people can spread out.   He didn't want to risk us getting turned away from ports.     LOTS of masks that night and on the tenders the next day.  The next day, were 2 additional cases and the captain was relieved and said that was normal and hoped that it would stay that way but appreciated all of mask wearing.   He did make a point that he thought that he scared us all off of the evening entertainment of the singers and dancers due to the empty seats.    The next day - he made of point of saying that he would be at  the special classical concert.

Norway is wonderful.  Even had some sun. Though making up for that today.  The entertainment has been good.  Last night we had another local group - a piano and violin classical concert.  They came from Bergan and came aboard in Rosendal for the evening. They added a 2nd concert to spread us out a bit.       The concert four our Destination Celebration that UKtog mentioned, was very good. The best of all the Azamazing evenings as far as the performance goes that I have experienced.   

This cruise is very casual as we are adventuring outdoors a lot - hiking and long long tours.  We notice that a lot more people take the stairs that we have seen before and people are very sporty. 🙂

Because this is a Norway intensive - they have brought aboard local strawberries and cooked a Norwegian dessert with it - Alex and Rizhard (sp?) did,  The captain was very excited. Also fresh caught fish one night,  Mussels coming tonight, and yesterday Jule - one of the head waiters bought 24 kilos of cheese in Rosendal for White night.  

We find that there are subtle changes to the food - for the better in my opinion.  Different bread baskets to go with the themed nights, different welcome drinks at the gangway each day (One day it was "warm beer with cognac" - THAT was different)          Enjoying it all.

-Allison

Do you happen to know if they are still removing those Covid infected from their booked rooms and sent to small isolation rooms, or just leaving them where they are? Also do you know if the isolation policy is still no release until a negative test?

Actually I suppose the first question is whether there is still an isolation policy...

I don't know the specifics. Nothing was said.  There are too many at this point to move them all to the rooms by medical.  I do know of a couple who are both isolated in their original rooms - both positive.     There are 3 crew as of two days ago too.     One crew member who appeared a few days after the left Dublin, was just out of isolation because she had covid and she was isolated for 6 days.      I"ll keep my ear out for more information (and hopefully not find out for myself!).

Edited by PAtravelbug
  • Like 2

Where two are in a room one is moved to another room. Along from us are several rooms where people have covid. We see people in hazmat suits delivering meals. Looks like for 1 so I’m assuming the infected people stayed in the balcony room. What surprised me is Azamara is not testing these people daily. 

We also know people have dreadful coughs but not got tested. We heard some people had tested positive using their own tests but had said nothing. There was a lot of I don’t want to lose days of my cruise when I’ve only got a soar throat overhead by a friend on a tour. 

So some very responsible people interspersed with a few idiots. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you @PAtravelbug for sharing your experience.

We will embark Journey on saturday and I am really afraid of catching Covid in my holidays althogh we got our 4th vaccination a month ago.

Our plan is to wear masks indoors as we do at home in crowded places and try to have some distance to others.

• Like 2

Nice to see Azamara taking the Covid situation seriously.  Not surprised if Ryszard and Johannes are running the ship.  Really sad that some selfish people care not a whit about the health of others. Bad enough that some refuse to mask indoors when asked, but to expose others when you know you're positive is unconscionable.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PAtravelbug said:

I don't know the specifics. Nothing was said.  There are too many at this point to move them all to the rooms by medical.  I do know of a couple who are both isolated in their original rooms - both positive.     There are 3 crew as of two days ago too.     One crew member who appeared a few days after the left Dublin, was just out of isolation because she had covid and she was isolated for 6 days.      I"ll keep my ear out for more information (and hopefully not find out for myself!).

Thanks for that. I'm somewhat re-assured that they are not simply removing people from their booked room to what, based on account from another poster on here, sounded like imprisonment. If I had Covid with symptoms, I'd be OK staying in the cabin I booked until they cleared and I'd be careful on interaction for a few days after (e.g. wearing a mask) but I suspect people may have been spooked by extreme isolation policies and so, if you are not actually so unwell as to have to stay in bed, I can see why people might cheat, even if I disagree with that course of action. It doesn't help they seem to have stopped the pre cruise testing in most places, that might have at least kept the base case level lower.

Anyway enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

Just off the Azamara Journey. No mention of Covid. We were one of the few wearing masks. We were very careful and had no issues. A few of the crew were in quarantine. No mention by the captain. We were told isolation would be in our cabin if we got it. 

• Thanks 4

Quick question regarding insurance. Did anyone who has been onboard recently have to prove Covid cover? Our policy is silent but AXA states we are covered on website! So have no actual proof other than printing FAQ from site. 

Thanks in advance. 

15 minutes ago, woodards said:

Quick question regarding insurance. Did anyone who has been onboard recently have to prove Covid cover? Our policy is silent but AXA states we are covered on website! So have no actual proof other than printing FAQ from site. 

Thanks in advance. 

We were onboard “Onward” two weeks ago and at no time were we asked for prove of Insurance.

Regards

8 hours ago, uktog said:

Where two are in a room one is moved to another room. Along from us are several rooms where people have covid. We see people in hazmat suits delivering meals. Looks like for 1 so I’m assuming the infected people stayed in the balcony room. What surprised me is Azamara is not testing these people daily. 

We also know people have dreadful coughs but not got tested. We heard some people had tested positive using their own tests but had said nothing. There was a lot of I don’t want to lose days of my cruise when I’ve only got a soar throat overhead by a friend on a tour. 

So some very responsible people interspersed with a few idiots. 

The version of Covid going around now is highly contageous. I was looking forward as much as anyone to not having to test before boarding and not needing masks. But right now ships full of unmasked people are just a  super-spreader event waiting to happen. If it were my call I'd resume testing before boarding to at least try to keep infected people from coming on board and starting an epidemic. Sure people could catch it on day trips, but unless it happened really early in the cruise hopefully that would not spread as fast as something that started spreading on embarcation day. Any way this kind of post has us thinking once again about what kind of precautions to take.

• Like 4