Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Excellent idea! I know you are a fan of Fevertree, although I am not. Can you please also investigate if they have slimline Schweppes?

I will. Schweppes is my backstop in Lerwick so I may well be drinking that. But I will check the onboard supplies for you. Obviously although my preference is fever tree if they have Schweppes onboard I won’t be heading to the Lerwick cooperative 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, royallondon said:

Club Royal remains the Tonic of the day.

😭😭😭😭

On a serious note, thank you for the updates.   Wonder if that Speciality Restaurant package will be available on Journey 🤔.  Sounds like terrific value.  Is there a service charge added?

Delighted to hear your cruise is going so well.  Hoping to embark J this day 3 weeks.  🤞😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Azamarajunkie said:

Currently on Journey, Schweppes Light and Canada Dry light tonic freely in use. Our fridge has been stocked well with Schweppes Tonic since we boarded  3 weeks ago by our able butler Angelo. 

Tried editing my previous post having read this one since.  I’d planned to bring my own tonic as I really can’t use that Royal stuff.  Thanks for posting this. 🙏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

😭😭😭😭

On a serious note, thank you for the updates.   Wonder if that Speciality Restaurant package will be available on Journey 🤔.  Sounds like terrific value.  Is there a service charge added?

Delighted to hear your cruise is going so well.  Hoping to embark J this day 3 weeks.  🤞😁

Hi

No further charges are added.  It’s $70 all in for 3 visits.

Hope that you have a great time on J.

Regards

• Thanks 1

Currently on the journey. Embarkation was a breeze. No lines.. just walked right on. However we came early. At 1:45. Even though our boarding cards said 3:00 lol! But we had a suite so that might have helped. We were in our room by 2:15. 
we did the video monitored abbots labs emed test btw. No issues with that. All they cared about was the date of the test. We printed out the results. 
Very few( but us) wearing masks. Very naive for this minute imho. I’ve had Covid recently but my husband didn’t get it from me. And we don’t want to spend time in quarantine! According to our friend with Covid that is traveling on the ship back to back she has to stay in the cabin for at least 6 days and maybe till she tests negative??? ( took me 14 days. And I had a mild case!) 

our suite 6003 is lovely. Nice steward and butler. They helped us sort out a few room issues. Like no drawer in the desk for makeup etc. they brought two extra side tables which helps a lot.
Had room service dinner and breakfast. Lunch at the patio which is only open for lunch.
will have dinner at windows tonight.. taste of China. food is good. 
we had a very nice cruise critic meeting yesterday with 12 attendees. Drinks and canapés were served and the assistant cruise director came to welcome us. Very nice group of people. 
the destination celebration is tonight. A Slovenian band in the cabaret lounge. We have decided not to go. Nor to the captains welcome party tomorrow, too many people without masks in a closed environment. 
Gorgeous day in Koper, Slovenia. Warm but not too bad. Charming little seaside town. 
let me know if you have questions! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, harrodsfan said:

Currently on the journey. Embarkation was a breeze. No lines.. just walked right on. However we came early. At 1:45. Even though our boarding cards said 3:00 lol! But we had a suite so that might have helped. We were in our room by 2:15. 
we did the video monitored abbots labs emed test btw. No issues with that. All they cared about was the date of the test. We printed out the results. 
Very few( but us) wearing masks. Very naive for this minute imho. I’ve had Covid recently but my husband didn’t get it from me. And we don’t want to spend time in quarantine! According to our friend with Covid that is traveling on the ship back to back she has to stay in the cabin for at least 6 days and maybe till she tests negative??? ( took me 14 days. And I had a mild case!) 

our suite 6003 is lovely. Nice steward and butler. They helped us sort out a few room issues. Like no drawer in the desk for makeup etc. they brought two extra side tables which helps a lot.
Had room service dinner and breakfast. Lunch at the patio which is only open for lunch.
we had a very nice cruise critic meeting yesterday with 12 attendees. Drinks and canapés were served and the assistant cruise director came to welcome us. Very nice group of people. 
the destination celebration is tonight. A Slovenian band in the cabaret lounge. We have decided not to go. Nor to the captains welcome party tomorrow, too many people without masks in a closed environment. 
Gorgeous day in Koper, Slovenia. Warm but not too bad. Charming little seaside town. 

Hello harrodsfan

Could you tell me which officers are on board the Journey right now?  Hotel director, Cruise Director etc.. Thank you very much.

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Bit disappointed to hear that the Patio is only open for lunch.  We’ll be on Journey in a little over 2 weeks’ time and were hoping it would be open in the evenings for dinner.   Enjoy your cruise 😊

Thanks. Who knows what will happen in the next weeks. At least you don’t have a pre boarding Covid test.  

• Like 3

Just now, harrodsfan said:

Thanks. Who knows what will happen in the next weeks. At least you don’t have a pre boarding Covid test.  

Waiting to see if Celebrity will now drop their requirements for our cruise in September.  

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Waiting to see if Celebrity will now drop their requirements for our cruise in September.  

This is where Azamara's independence pays off.  Celebrity has to coordinate with RCG, and they have a lot of ships sailing from US ports so they want to stay on CDC's good side [if there is such a thing...]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harrodsfan said:

I’d prefer to take the covid test and have the Patio open for dinner during my cruise. 

• Like 11

On 7/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, harrodsfan said:

Hi Harrodsfan,  my son Chris and his new wife are on board with you now.  He is on your roll call.  Could you try and find out the hotel director (stand in) name?  They're having a little issue with the promotions on his booking and needs to escalate this as he's getting nowhere with guest services.   Many thanks.  David

17 hours ago, Zoey said:

I’d prefer to take the covid test and have the Patio open for dinner during my cruise. 

If the Patio is open for lunch then it’s not a Covid issue that it’s not open in the evenings.  Perhaps it’s a staffing issue?

• Like 3

We just got off the Pursuit on Saturday past.   I brought paper copies of all the beverage packages home and scanned them in.  (Assuming I can do things right...)  they are attached below.   Note that all of them say "All selections subject to change and availability"   ( although the Premium package says "all sections"...)

AZ Ultimate Beverage.pdf AZ Prem Beverage.pdf AZ Comp Beverages.pdf

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DS said:

We just got off the Pursuit on Saturday past.   I brought paper copies of all the beverage packages home and scanned them in.  (Assuming I can do things right...)  they are attached below.   Note that all of them say "All selections subject to change and availability"   ( although the Premium package says "all sections"...)

AZ Ultimate Beverage.pdf 532.69 kB · 11 downloads AZ Prem Beverage.pdf 485.27 kB · 8 downloads AZ Comp Beverages.pdf 428.95 kB · 14 downloads

That's very useful as a reference. I wish they would re-look at the whites on the Ultimate package, they are much, much duller far than the reds and one of the rose wines, which are actually pretty decent drops. Put it this way, if they are 'ultimate', I'm not sure how the included wines can be 'boutique' in any sense that I would understand.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2022 at 3:48 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Everyone on Onward please order a glass of tonic every chance you get. You don’t have to drink it, just use up the bloody supply!

Love it!  That Royal whatever is awful. “We want Fevertree”. 

• Like 1