Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

7 hours ago, So Cal John said:

It all sounds very similar to our Celebrity experiences.

Regarding taxis in Amsterdam, I read an article recently about getting from the airport into town.  Be sure to use the taxis at the taxi queue. Do not take a taxi ride from someone who approaches you outside asking if you want a taxi.  They are not legit.

We had a bad experience in Amsterdam while trying to get a taxi to the port. We arrived by train at the Central Station and from there it was not very far in terms of kmts to the port but we had our luggage and decided to get one of the taxis that were on the taxi stand outside the train station. When we said to the port, a couple of taxi drivers refused to take us in a very unfriendly manner. Becoming angry with us. Fortunately there was another one who was willing to take us there. He got a good tip.

Ivi

• Like 1

On Quest the bar team are being trained to offer the Atlas cocktail menu as a special for White Night and in the Den. I think that’s a great idea and it “saves” the library which has been pretty busy and well used most days 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, uktog said:

On Quest the bar team are being trained to offer the Atlas cocktail menu as a special for White Night and in the Den. I think that’s a great idea and it “saves” the library which has been pretty busy and well used most days 

AF8B0C0E-DF6E-41FC-BB8E-891B770BA5DD.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Yes, I think this is a great idea. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Well, we got our refundable onboard credit back and we went back into Amsterdam today - and it was kind of sad knowing that the ship was long gone.   Amsterdam was a different place today - much less crowded.  We walked to and a bit into the Jordaan area.   Took lots of photos.  Very enjoyable.    We have gotten very comfortable with the trains.   To the dreaded airport tomorrow for home.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Having been on Onward I would disagree, the Atlas Bar is all about the the theatre of the bartenders art doing this in venues where live entertainment is key won’t work as well. We liked the ambiance in the Atlas Bar where we could talk freely with other passengers without having to defer to others wanting to listen to featured musicians.

As has been said before the space is available during the day for those seeking quite contemplation, we will be on Quest in a few weeks time and it will be interesting to see how well this space is used in the evenings.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Having been on Onward I would disagree, the Atlas Bar is all about the the theatre of the bartenders art doing this in venues where live entertainment is key won’t work as well. We liked the ambiance in the Atlas Bar where we could talk freely with other passengers without having to defer to others wanting to listen to featured musicians.

As has been said before the space is available during the day for those seeking quite contemplation, we will be on Quest in a few weeks time and it will be interesting to see how well this space is used in the evenings.

Hope you enjoy Quest, we were certainly very happy.

They we’re having several ceremonies etc onboard last cruise and this cruise which could not have happened in a bar setting.  Given the cooler itinerary, the number of events and three large groups needing venue space the Library was certainly fulfilling a need.  We will see what we think of Journey, where they are already doing the theatre of drinks in the Den and Onward in the coming months 

21 hours ago, uktog said:

Funny, onboard now and I haven’t seen anyone in there except for private functions 

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

Funny, onboard now and I haven’t seen anyone in there except for private functions 

I think it depends when you go!  Certainly it was busy on Tuesday afternoon and evening with non functions.  Yesterday less so but then most folks were in Edinburgh and the weather was too good.  I am sure like last cruise when you hit the northern weather it will get busy again.

Sorry did not realise you were onboard, we are now off the ship

2 hours ago, uktog said:

I think it depends when you go!  Certainly it was busy on Tuesday afternoon and evening with non functions.  Yesterday less so but then most folks were in Edinburgh and the weather was too good.  I am sure like last cruise when you hit the northern weather it will get busy again.

Sorry did not realise you were onboard, we are now off the ship

Did you stay on board for the extra three nights from Amsterdam to Edinburgh? Did you pay a pro rated amount or was it complimentary? Just curious if this is an option.

27 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

Did you stay on board for the extra three nights from Amsterdam to Edinburgh? Did you pay a pro rated amount or was it complimentary? Just curious if this is an option.

We paid an agreed daily rate for it for a small room.  Its not an option that is offered, it was the resolution when our flights home were cancelled.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Wonderful that you were able to do that!

Yes we truly appreciate that azamara were able to solve the problem otherwise we would have arrived in Edinburgh after you sailed out based on the rebooked flights we were being offered.

• Like 1

On the Journey. Midway in cruise. Someone is running this ship, but they are nowhere to be seen. Haven't seen any senior officers since captains welcome first night. Drinks and wines are acceptable with Ultimate package. Haven't tried the included items. No Schweppes for the first part, but a new stash came on board yesterday. They did have diet Fever Tree, but main serve is Club Tonic.

Wairrau River Sauvignon Blanc is not in stock so they are serving Honig as replacement. Totally different, but acceptable.

Some ups and downs with kitchens. Had a great night at Aqualina. A few new items on the menu.

Discovery is touch and go, but I guess we are asking for it when ordering fish all the time. Last nights Grouper was dry and sent back, - then perfect on second try.

Authentic Italian in Windows had its silly mistakes. Spaghetti with meatballs is not an Italian dish, but American. Cacio e Pepe is not made with Parmeggiano but Pecorino.

The head chef is half italian🤯.

We are certainly happy and satisfied as some tiny hickups is of no concern to us.

Taormina tomorrow. Canolli. Yumm😁

Rather funny to present oneself as an expert on Italian cuisine while misspelling cannoli.😉

My two grandmothers, one from Piemonte and the other from Basilicata, served spaghetti and meatballs often.  I suppose they might have learned it at Ellis Island.

Edited by marinaro44
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Rather funny to present oneself as an expert on Italian cuisine while misspelling cannoli.😉

My two grandmothers, one from Piemonte and the other from Basilicata, served spaghetti and meatballs often.  I suppose they might have learned it at Ellis Island.

Thanks. I stand corrected on the cannoli. Meatballs are up to the jury🤣☺️

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, uktog said:

Should have warned you of the demise of Wairu River Odd. Sorry 😢 

We knew. But putting up the Honig as replacement is only positive. It is a good wine and equal in value, if not better. The expression is obviously different.

• Like 2

We are onboard Pursuit currently, and I am thrilled to report that the Patio Grill is open for dinner. It’s just as delicious as I remember it, but a bit underused, possibly because we are in Iceland, and people may not realise that the heaters are on, so it’s very nice even at night.

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

We are onboard Pursuit currently, and I am thrilled to report that the Patio Grill is open for dinner. It’s just as delicious as I remember it, but a bit underused, possibly because we are in Iceland, and people may not realise that the heaters are on, so it’s very nice even at night.

i am happy to hear that! We are on Pursuit in 2 weeks, hoping it will be open for dinner then! I really liked eating there the last time we were on Azamara.

• Like 3

I am keeping an informal eye on the use of the Drawing Room, since I am onboard Pursuit. There were about 40 people for the Cruise Critic event on the first sea day. Beyond that? Well, I have seen four people in there at the same time since then. Once. In the afternoon. When I check in the evenings, I am finding one or two people at the most. Roll on Atlas Bar conversion! Zipping up flame-proof suit. I am an unrepentant fan of the Atlas Bar. (aka lush! 😁)

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Normal jeans are fine in the MDR, but shorts aren't so it was probably the latter. It's good to see them enforcing that policy. I've never witnessed anyone being turned away for non-compliance, but I guess it happens from time to time. 

Phil 

I saw someone being walked out of Discoveries on the Quest 2 nights ago because he was wearing shorts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Hope they continue to keep it open and use the heaters for our Med cruise in November.  Is the evening  menu like pre-covid?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Excellent. It wasn’t open on the Journey last month but hoping this means it will be in September!

• Like 1

On Quest, Captain Johannes informed us yesterday that there are no cases of Covid onboard.  Patio is open for dinner.  The destination immersion last night, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, was the best I’ve ever seen!  Good job Azamara!!

• Like 9