Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

I recently saw a interview with The President of Azamara and she stated Amazing Evenings would be back and running by November. The venues have to be booked far in advance along with entertainment.

I believe I saw the interview on You Tube.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I recently saw a interview with The President of Azamara and she stated Amazing Evenings would be back and running by November. The venues have to be booked far in advance along with entertainment.

I believe I saw the interview on You Tube.

For my upcoming Azamara cruise in December, Destination Celebration was already replaced by AzAmazing Evening on the list of shore excursions available for booking. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, andrcan said:

For my upcoming Azamara cruise in December, Destination Celebration was already replaced by AzAmazing Evening on the list of shore excursions available for booking. 

Our 29 October Quest cruise has an Azamazing evening too - it’s at a hotel in Aqaba.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Our 29 October Quest cruise has an Azamazing evening too - it’s at a hotel in Aqaba.

How did you find out the location on your cruise?  We are booked August and wondering if anything is planned?  Thanks for any help 🙂

Just now, Piaa said:

How did you find out the location on your cruise?  We are booked August and wondering if anything is planned?  Thanks for any help 🙂

We are booked for Journey to Iceland on 7 August, and I’m not seeing anything about it on the Shore Excursions, which is where it is usually noted. I’m guessing August is a bit early to have an Azamazing Evening reinstated, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, lisiamc said:

We are booked for Journey to Iceland on 7 August, and I’m not seeing anything about it on the Shore Excursions, which is where it is usually noted. I’m guessing August is a bit early to have an Azamazing Evening reinstated, unfortunately.

Don’t think it’s Journey, lisiamc, cos we’re on it on August 6th doing an intensive Italy cruise. 😃

7 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Don’t think it’s Journey, lisiamc, cos we’re on it on August 6th doing an intensive Italy cruise. 😃

I’m on Quest in late December and the AzAmazing event is in the shore excursions.  Perhaps it is just some individual locations/countries where arrangements haven’t been finalised.

• Like 2

I see Destination Celebration as one of our Excursion options. Two times are listed to select from (I believe they were 6:30 and 8:30pm). Can anyone provide insight on how these events are structured?  For example, do you do dinner separately and then go to this show…or is dinner part of the event?  We’re not certain which to to book without additional information. Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Our cruises in July and August have the destination celebrations listed in the shore excursions.  Our France one in Marseilles doesn't have a description yet but is available to book.  

On our recent grease intensive cruise on journey it was a duo violin performance. They set up seating both on the pool deck and deck nine above. There were two times offered so you just choose which you prefer. We had dinner before and then went to the 830 performance as we felt that it would be more comfortable on deck at that hour. We enjoyed sitting up on the deck above and watching the concert from there as the sun was setting.

38 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Finally found it - it’s a Destination Celebration - Enchanting Tuscany  👏

I’m glad! At the moment, I don’t think there is one for ours. 😢 Fingers crossed they might add a last-minute something.

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I’m glad! At the moment, I don’t think there is one for ours. 😢 Fingers crossed they might add a last-minute something.

Perhaps tomorrow, seeing as it only appeared today on mine (I think, anyway - didn’t see it before now).  I say this because you’re embarking the day after us.  I’m sure there will be something on your sailing, too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I think this was also on my cruise. 4 talented and beautiful sopranos performing Pop Opera. 
Ivi

Hi Ivi - I remember your report about that!   I also took note of your experience walking around Livorno and may follow in your footsteps if we decide to explore the town.  We’ll visit Florence on the first day and have been to Pisa before so will probably give that a miss.  We’re considering a trip to Lucca on the second day as we haven’t been.    If we do go to Lucca for the morning and aren’t too tired afterwards ( expecting it to be very hot in August 🥵) we might spend a little time walking around Livorno. 

• Like 1

ONBOARD THE PURSUIT:   Updates on two topics:   IT and wine.

On the Quest and Journey there is an interactive feature on the in-room TV’s that allows you to see your onboard account, look at daily menus, shore excursions, etc.  The Pursuit has never had this.   Initially they had a smart phone app that provided that info.   But now, that app has disappeared; you can’t download it, and if you already have it, it does not work.   Turns out Azamara has changed IT providers.   Bottom line, to see you account you have to go to Guest Relations and ask for a print out.  Can’t wait for 2023 when they get their own IT system    ( at least I think, I can’t wait….. hopefully the “good old days”…aren’t!

The wine situation gets cloudier (even though the wines don’t—a good thing).   I noted earlier that the first day only 3 of the 4 reds were offered.   On day 2 and 3, only two were offered – the Merlot and Pinotage.   I’ve had them on previous cruises this past spring and winter.   The Merlot, I thought, was terrible.    I think it still is.   Its literally brown colored, and the taste is… well, nothing.   I liked the pinotage before, but this time it seemed a bit astringent… admittedly only one day/bottle.   Well, today they had the M & P again, BUT ALSO had two other (none Azamara branded) wines.   A Jacob’s Creek Shiraz-Granche, and a  “Le Grand Noir”  cabernet-Syrah.    Both came with Polish labels!.   In the interest of science, I tried them both.   Both were better, IMHO, than the Azamara-labeled wines… the cab-syrah being the better of the two.

So, the story???   One waiter told us that the 2 wines were offered one night were chosen by the sommelier.   Another waiter, being a bit more forthcoming, told us they had supply (supply chain??) issues, which was why they only offered two choices ( BUT… if you asked, you could get either the Az Cab or the Az Syrah).   Tonight a third waiter told us they had supply problems and had to get some locally supplied wines – obviously in Gdansk ( Polish labels).   So, the full story remains to be told… but I know which ones I will ask for tomorrow!   (P.S.   there were also at least one non-Az branded whites, including one labeled Puglia Blanco, which the waiter said ...that the sommelier said… was (like?) sauvignon blanc.   It was “like” it, but a bit smoother, I thought…. Not bad!)

That's tonight's update...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6