Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Mesh screen to place around the fireplace to prevent sparks or to keep children safe from the fire.

Don't mention 'mesh' or Google will flood your phone with spam calls about the hernia class action lawsuit!  [This may only apply in the US.  If so, count yourselves lucky...]

On 11/19/2021 at 9:24 AM, takemewithyou said:

Maybe it will be open for the Caribbean?  It seems like our cruise, 12/10 sailing, has quite a few cabins booked.  I am wondering what the numbers will be like.

Hi! I finished a 11/21-11/30 Mediterranean cruise on the Journey and can report that the Patio was open on that trip!

We had 168 passengers, I believe, out of a usual capacity of ~650

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, JWayne60 said:

THANK YOU Julie & Les.  We’re currently booked on Quest for Dec 23, but assuming “life on board” Journey would be very similar.  Feedback from current Quest pax indicate MDR experience is still very restricted in terms of table seating (like with your travel party only, no sharing tables with new friends met aboard??)… same on Journey?  And what about breakfast at Windows Cafe… I’m envisioning “buffet-like” offerings with Staff dishing out the food?  And given the informal nature of Windows (ie. no maitre d’ to check your info), is it open seating with whomever you choose?

Lastly, appreciate any info you might have on current passenger capacity / number on board Journey. 

Thanks again!!

On the Journey from Nov. 21 to Nov. 29 I never actually asked to sit *with* a friend from another group but the staff were clearly paying attention! There were a few other people I kept running into and chatting with and the staff consistently sat us a tables next to each other at dinner!

We never planned to arrive at the same time, so that could make a difference, but they did seat us at neighboring tables.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 5:45 AM, uktog said:

Not at present 

Guest Services told me that they had maps for every port. However, these were not "out" anywhere that I saw so you would have had to have known to ask for them! (I mentioned in after we left Valencia and the desk staff said "Well of course we have maps" like I was supposed to know!

On 12/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, sovilav01 said:

Are they still giving tote bags?

Yes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

How is the quality of the tote bags?  Is there a zipper?  Are they cloth?

Yes, are a decent size, made of a strong canvas material with the Azamara logo on one side, and they have a zip.

Do Azamara provide/ sell masks or do I need to bring sufficient quantity with me ?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Yes, are a decent size, made of a strong canvas material with the Azamara logo on one side, and they have a zip.

Do Azamara provide/ sell masks or do I need to bring sufficient quantity with me ?

You need to take your own - they had some at Guest Relations if you lost your mask but they do not have supplies for everyone.  Lots of people had "fun masks" which was a part of the evening "dressing up" routine.  I had some sparkly ones and some cartoon ones as well as some more boring ones" and N95 compliant ones for the flights and coaches for excursions

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

On the Quest in October, each cabin was supplied with two reusable masks - either a light or a darker blue, both with the Azamara logo.  They were worn by the crew and a number of passengers, but personally I found them to be difficult to breathe through, so I wore the ones I brought with me.  I didn't see any for sale, but may have overlooked them.

All going well, we will be embarking Journey on December 18th so this thread has provided some useful information. Thanks to all who have posted.

If there is anybody onboard Journey right now, I would be grateful to know if they are offering a "late disembarkation" option on the final day. I can't remember the correct term for it but basically it means you pay a fee and this allows you to remain on the ship until late afternoon of the final day. I saw it mentioned on another thread a while back and it said information on this option would be available onboard. Our flight home is at 7pm so this would be a great choice for us if available, otherwise I will have to look into booking a hotel room for the day.

1 hour ago, Eloise4Ever said:

All going well, we will be embarking Journey on December 18th so this thread has provided some useful information. Thanks to all who have posted.

If there is anybody onboard Journey right now, I would be grateful to know if they are offering a "late disembarkation" option on the final day. I can't remember the correct term for it but basically it means you pay a fee and this allows you to remain on the ship until late afternoon of the final day. I saw it mentioned on another thread a while back and it said information on this option would be available onboard. Our flight home is at 7pm so this would be a great choice for us if available, otherwise I will have to look into booking a hotel room for the day.

I doubt anyone can answer your question.  Late disembarkation is port authorities dependent and Journey hasn't yet done a turn around in the Canaries so even though they have been offering it sometimes post covid (eg in Athens) and the will is there on their part, the issue is the authorities.  Honestly I would look at a hotel room or a private tour guide who will give you a long day tour dropping you at the airport late afternoon 

5 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

I seem to be getting masks everywhere. Was given a box last week.

still need more in bar areas or outside for dancing.not sure one would leave it in a table to blow away.

4 hours ago, SunnyNy said:

On the Quest in October, each cabin was supplied with two reusable masks - either a light or a darker blue, both with the Azamara logo.  They were worn by the crew and a number of passengers, but personally I found them to be difficult to breathe through, so I wore the ones I brought with me.  I didn't see any for sale, but may have overlooked them.

Still giving these but find them heavier than my cloth ones but use the toss away ones for tours and dancing.

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

I doubt anyone can answer your question.  Late disembarkation is port authorities dependent and Journey hasn't yet done a turn around in the Canaries so even though they have been offering it sometimes post covid (eg in Athens) and the will is there on their part, the issue is the authorities.  

The current cruise is round trip in the Canaries so I am hoping somebody onboard might be able to let me know if this option is available. I would appreciate any input.

Edited by Eloise4Ever

Hi from Journey,

We are presently in Lanzarote, leaving shortly. On Saturday 11th we all have to be off the ship by 9 am. If Lisbon boarding rules are followed in Gran Canaria, you will not be on the ship until 2pm after Covid tests. Ship have organised a transfer to the airport for those with flights after 11am, (at a cost I think) and a 4 hour tour, leaving the ship at 7.45am, for flights leaving after 3pm, costing $49. Julie asked if we could leave the luggage at the terminal, and return about 12md. The ship contacted Gran Canaria port, who said this would be ok. Fingers crossed. We intend to walk into town and return at midday and get a taxi to the airport. Our flight is at 3.30pm.

More answers; yes the Spa is open; we have had no trouble asking and getting wine from previous days; yes the Tote bags are still being provided and are good quality.

Julie and Les

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Julie that is useful. I am joining the ship on Saturday and had wondered about the last day....booked as a package and not sure what time they arrange the transfer to airport for.

Had looked at a tour with airport drop-off which says for flights after 3pm...my flight is 2:55pm so not sure if that rules that out!

9 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

Thanks Julie that is useful. I am joining the ship on Saturday and had wondered about the last day....booked as a package and not sure what time they arrange the transfer to airport for.

Had looked at a tour with airport drop-off which says for flights after 3pm...my flight is 2:55pm so not sure if that rules that out!

We are on the 1455 Glasgow flight and intend to book the tour for flights after 3pm.  I doubt 5 minutes will make a big difference.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ElmaLee said:

We are on the 1455 Glasgow flight and intend to book the tour for flights after 3pm.  I doubt 5 minutes will make a big difference.

same flight...may see you on it. Travelling solo (first time) so not really wanting to wander about on my own!