Double Points

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

From my understanding you get double points on cruises through 31 Dec 2022. Is this correct?

If booked before September 30, 2021.

Booking a cruise today means regular points.

Yes I have been receiving double points as expected for my cruises that qualify.  I have cruises soon that I booked after Sept. 30 and I don't expect the double points from the promo for them.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yes I have been receiving double points as expected for my cruises that qualify.  I have cruises soon that I booked after Sept. 30 and I don't expect the double points from the promo for them.

Yes, all three I have booked were booked well before 30 Sep 21.

The good thing is that these 3 cruises, being doubled, will get me to Diamond.

Edited by Computer Nerd

8 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Wondering for those who have sailed since the restart, have you been receiving the double points that was promised? From my understanding you get double points on cruises through 31 Dec 2022. Is this correct?

Yes...double points through Dec 31, 2022 if your cruise was booked by Sept 30, 2021.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

It was actually quadruple in my case, since there was no single supplement.  I normally would have booked double occupancy, but booked two cabins solo instead.

Curious did you get points for 2 cabins then. I booked 2 solo cabins for my upcoming cruise before 9/30/21 for myself & DH. Couldn’t pass up the deal for 2 bathroom & hopefully a larger balcony if divider can be opened. 

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You never get points for anyone else or other cabin you booked.

My DH would get his points for one cabin & I would get my points for my cabin. Just wondering then will they be combined because we are linked & live in same household. Never did 2 cabins before. 

Just now, LorraineP said:

Just wondering then will they be combined because we are linked & live in same household.

There's no combining of C&A points. Everyone has their own balance of points, but when linked, both have the status of the one with the higher points.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You never get points for anyone else or other cabin you STAY IN.

FTFY.

You book 5 rooms, you only get the points for the one you are officially staying in.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:19 AM, twangster said:

So, here's another question with a twist.  Had a TA cruise booked for May 2022 (so double points) but that cruise has been canceled and we did a L&S (after Sept 30) to another TA in May 2022.  Will that still keep our double points from original booking?  Forgot to ask rep the other day when on the phone.

1 minute ago, JBSteelerfan said:

So, here's another question with a twist.  Had a TA cruise booked for May 2022 (so double points) but that cruise has been canceled and we did a L&S (after Sept 30) to another TA in May 2022.  Will that still keep our double points from original booking?  Forgot to ask rep the other day when on the phone.

That is the $40,000 question.  😄

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I suspect a year from now there will be reports that some people did get double points in this scenario and reports from others that did not.  If you kept the same booking numbers you probably have better odds.  If you didn't your odds are probably lower.  Who knows?  🤷‍♂️

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1