Where are Isolation Cabins Located ?

Tedferg

Where are Isolation Cabins Located ? Would like to choose cabins for upcoming cruise and not have Princess relocate because of isolation cabins. Are they usually in the same area or does it vary by ship ? Cruise is not until Feb 2022 but it looks like restrictions are in place through Feb next year.

15 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Where are Isolation Cabins Located ? Would like to choose cabins for upcoming cruise and not have Princess relocate because of isolation cabins. Are they usually in the same area or does it vary by ship ? Cruise is not until Feb 2022 but it looks like restrictions are in place through Feb next year.

I think (with no hard evidence) that when you look at a section of deck and ALL of the cabins are not available...those are the isolation cabins.

Example: I looked at inside and balcony aft on Aloha deck (our preferred location) and none were available in an otherwise empty ship.

They seem to be getting their act together and marking out a section before anyone is assigned to it, rather than waiting until cabins are sold and finding they have to move (& potentially alienate) customers.

• Like 1

From posts I have read, it seems to vary by ship.  Maybe this will be a good thread to get up-to-date info by ship.  I also wonder if Princess will end up adjusting the location after customer feedback from those disrupted.  IDK why they didn't isolate crew forward for example as less people pick far forward cabins. 

• Like 1

On the Majestic 10/23 and 10/30 it was Dolphin deck port side aft all the 700's numbers. These were balcony cabins with larger balconies.We were right below on Emerald deck. Never saw anyone on those balconies. These were to quarantine new crew members coming on board.

I think it varies by ship to one point. I have a cruise coming up on the Regal princess and I had D530 booked. And my brother-in-law and sister-in-law had D524 and D526 booked and they bumped up all up one deck to Caribe without any explanation and I suspect they needed those cabins for isolation. You’ll notice there aren’t any rooms across the hall from any of these rooms so maybe that’s part of how they choose.

• Like 1

Looks like JF is right and they are blocking out a section beforehand - I looked at four dates on Majestic for next Feb and in each case the Aft Dolphin balconies were all unavailable. Strangely in each case there was one Aft Dolphin available !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I tried to book a 700+ larger Aft balcony & found them all gone. 

So Crew needs Larger balconies to Quarantine?  huh

Well they would be used for Passengers too

20 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Or they're sold already

Agreed - but whole blocks on the same deck when other decks have lots of open cabins.

My cabin was taken with out notice on the Regal.  I booked a year ahead larger balcony mid deck. Cabin assigned small balcony with lifeboat in front.  It took over 4 hour with most of it waiting online since I could not get any help I cancelled.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Well they would be used for Passengers too

Agreed - but whole blocks on the same deck when other decks have lots of open cabins.

The isolation cabins are dictated by the CDC,

must be balconies too allow for fresh air and exercise.  Our cabin on the Majestic the last two weeks was definitely occupied by a crew member as we could see him from our ‘upgraded’ cabin on the balcony exercising.

Pleased they are isolating crew in decent cabins.   

• Like 6

7 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I tried to book a 700+ larger Aft balcony & found them all gone. 

So Crew needs Larger balconies to Quarantine?  huh

No, but the fire doors to the isolation part of the hallway are kept closed and thus even the cabins the crew would not use are not accessible for passengers.

We're on Emerald right now.  Got a call 9 days before the cruise saying we had to move from our Aloha penthouse (booked in August 2020) to a mini-suite, of which there were few, and they would comp our fare.  We were supposed to have suite amenities so talked twice to Guest Services.  To make that happen, they changed our cabin to the original cabin on the app.  Then GS called and said we could move to our penthouse, which we did today on day 4, still with the fare comped. At least two other couples have relocated to Aloha suites. 

• Like 3

On 11/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, Marelaine said:

On Emerald, it is Aloha deck. 

On 11/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, BabsinTX said:

We're on Emerald right now.  Got a call 9 days before the cruise saying we had to move from our Aloha penthouse (booked in August 2020) to a mini-suite, of which there were few, and they would comp our fare.  We were supposed to have suite amenities so talked twice to Guest Services.  To make that happen, they changed our cabin to the original cabin on the app.  Then GS called and said we could move to our penthouse, which we did today on day 4, still with the fare comped. At least two other couples have relocated to Aloha suites. 

So what is the range of cabins on Aloha deck for the Emerald?  I assume they are not using the whole deck for isolation/quarantine, right? 🙂

On 8/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, mapleleaves said:

Oops. Can't delete this post.  BabsinTX

7 hours ago, ihopfar said:

So what is the range of cabins on Aloha deck for the Emerald?  I assume they are not using the whole deck for isolation/quarantine, right? 🙂

Right now they're using all cabins forward of the forward elevators; the fire doors are closed.  Saw crew members heading that way to deliver meals.  We talked to the Hotel Director yesterday morning.  They need enough cabins for sick passengers and crew plus new crew coming on board.  And they have 80 crew members joining the ship soon.  

Also, I mentioned that we learned nine day before sailing about being booted from our suite.  Turns out another couple was called three days before.  Good grief!

On 11/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, Steelers36 said:

From posts I have read, it seems to vary by ship.  Maybe this will be a good thread to get up-to-date info by ship.  I also wonder if Princess will end up adjusting the location after customer feedback from those disrupted.  IDK why they didn't isolate crew forward for example as less people pick far forward cabins. 

Plus the crew is used to being forward...that's where their cabins are located.

3 hours ago, BabsinTX said:

Right now they're using all cabins forward of the forward elevators; the fire doors are closed.  Saw crew members heading that way to deliver meals.  We talked to the Hotel Director yesterday morning.  They need enough cabins for sick passengers and crew plus new crew coming on board.  And they have 80 crew members joining the ship soon.  

Also, I mentioned that we learned nine day before sailing about being booted from our suite.  Turns out another couple was called three days before.  Good grief!

Ok, now I am really confused!   If they are using the forward part of the Aloha deck, why did they boot you from your suite, which I believe is aft?

2 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Ok, now I am really confused!   If they are using the forward part of the Aloha deck, why did they boot you from your suite, which I believe is aft?

You and me both!  Yes, the suite is aft.  I think the home office got ahead of themselves.