Mens haircut pricing onboard

HALrunner

9 minutes ago, HALrunner said:

Does anyone know the going rate for a men's haircut onboard? 

Not currently, but I had a hair-cut on Eurodam in January, 2020 and it was not an unreasonable price.  I also had a mini-facial and shave on that cruise that was so pleasant and reasonably priced that I had a second one before I disembarked.  I had never had a min-facial and shave.  It was a special experience; I recommend a gentleman to consider this.  

25 minutes ago, HALrunner said:

Does anyone know the going rate for a men's haircut onboard? 

$29 for basic cut $45 for style cut.  Plus 18pct tip.    Make SURE you agree on price before you start.    This was from Koningsdam a few days ago. 

after my cut they said there was only one price and that was $45.  I showed them both prices on the navigator app.  They had to refund me $16 since their computer couldn't charge $29.   Weird. 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

$29 for basic cut $45 for style cut.  Plus 18pct tip.    Make SURE you agree on price before you start.    This was from Koningsdam a few days ago. 

after my cut they said there was only one price and that was $45.  I showed them both prices on the navigator app.  They had to refund me $16 since their computer couldn't charge $29.   Weird. 

Sounds like a bait and switch.  😜

13 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I can do better at SPORT CLIPS

8 hours ago, Crew News said:

My Navigator app shows $25 wet cut and $45 for wet cut and style dry for my cruise later this month on Nieuw Statendam.

Here is the full Spa price list:  Spa Price List (11/9/21)

When you look at the price list - it shows $25 for beard and neck trim and $45 for Cut and Style - this is what was loaded in the spas computer which is why they were confused.   I didn't realize that the printed pricing differs from the navigator app.   The printed menu doesn't show a regular cut.

Interesting that the price of a hair cut is different on different ships

image.thumb.png.57f21b872d3ec212018db1aeabbc867d.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

Just now, mcrcruiser said:

Yes when going for pedicures ie the prices zoom . 

Only once   I needed to get a haircut aboard a cruise ship  & back then if was in the $20s range ;but ,itv was a long time ago . Knowing that any service aboard a cruise ship is always higher than a similar land based operation