Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1111World.thumb.png.e036ff104d7bcc200079c38cacecc35b.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

It's Remembrance Day and we send our thanks to all who have served and sacrificed.

Stay safe.

Thanks for the reminder of the older and more often used name for today.

• Like 15

Happy Veteran's Day and Remembrance Day.  No singles here, never tried Origami.

I laughed at the quote.  And we will skip the meal.

Have not been to the port of the day.

Prayers and Toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask. 

BLT cocktail:

A BLT cocktail is a cocktail made out of the contents of a BLT sandwich, blended together with vodka. Variants on the drink include utilizing bacon vodka instead of traditional vodka, substituting liquor for lettuce, incorporating bacon salt, or including cucumber flavored vodka. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Vodka
Ingredients: 1 ice cube made from juice of iceberg lettuce, 1.5 oz Bacon-infused vodka, 1 piece of cooked bacon, pulverized, 3 oz tomato water.
Preparation: Roll moistened edge of old fashioned glass in bacon dust or bacon salt. Add lettuce ice cube, bacon vodka and tomato water. Stir.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Bacon salt
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 7.11.41 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Remembrance / Veterans / Armistice Day smile 🙂 

Great collection of days but my focus is on our Remembrance Day aka Veterans Day in the U.S.

B7E10ED2-19B9-4193-822C-C490B6F1FF4F.jpeg.563af6a3df5819bdde3b17b10b3dd695.jpeg

LOL on the quote. 😄.  The meal suggestion sounds interesting but my country market posted on FB last night they had lobster at $10.98/ pound. (That’s a real bargain). If I can get some, that will be tonight’s dinner 😄 

I believe I’ve had today’s wine on BHB.  It was enjoyable 👍

@rafinmdgood luck with your chemo today.

We won’t be in Geiranger until next year - hopefully no one minds but instead my focus today is on Juno Beach.  We went a few years ago and it was one of the most moving days of our lives. More moving than I had ever anticipated. And yes, we all wore poppies.

086EF98E-5E87-4F29-B1C2-0DFE9848D4B3.jpeg.59ebbc9b1efdbfba98d138b6e997493f.jpeg

This is Canada House - it was used as a beacon for the landing.  Amazingly every house on the beach was destroyed except for Canada House.

73E45DD6-973B-4F7B-9754-AE9E2B90A75F.jpeg.10cf5970681e4d8bd625d353a369a011.jpeg

Here is a picture of it during the landing

98D465D0-4103-4F5A-A7B1-D77BD2F362B9.jpeg.d917001f8ca9cd4fe8a69a66d0556e6a.jpeg

I am grateful to my father, uncle and aunt and all who served. We all owe our freedom to them all.

A002FA42-DF6D-4022-BF12-F3D9B8EF4C38.thumb.jpeg.5d542cfa323f7719157dc112e16ca09b.jpeg

It’s the 100th year of the poppy here.  Lest We Forget.

7DF8D65C-6F2C-48E5-A332-A25065172407.thumb.jpeg.c01fc5160346a8d3db71c5437b63675d.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Thursday everyone !!!!!!

A57A6455-C5FC-4C06-A7D5-57A4E539F42F.jpeg.ea97dfee4ec91e1325a2e9c18bc83ccd.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 12

Good morning everyone and thanks for the report Rich.  Thanks to all of our veterans’ service.  I read about Singles Day yesterday and I still don’t get it, seems the Chinese government is cracking down on it was my take away. Hats off to all of the lovely origami out there.  World Usability Day seems as if it makes things easier for us.  Funny quote.  Not sure that I’d like today’s dish.  One can never go wrong with today’s champagne, unless you have too much.  Haven’t been to today’s port and I look forward to all of the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list especially our Roy.  Cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Thursday Daily. A great collection of days.  I like the addition of the ETA to the ships at sea.  Funny quote by Roth.  Not sure if I've been to Geiranger or not.  I'll try to check if I have the time and energy after my treatment.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Cherry Sour Soup, Oven .Roasted Chicken, and Apple Pie Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam November 11,  2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes11.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Loss of Horizoncbaser1957 DH brother in Montreal
kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice
SrLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma
My travel agent with an esophageal blockage
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home
Cruising along DH awaiting cataract surgery
Seasick sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
My first radiation treatment
From the rotation:
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
HAL Sailor DH health issues
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
cunnorl DH sister recovering from stroke

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

A great and ontime  Rotterdam sailaway
4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
SusieKIslandGirl onEurodam
horizonchaser1947 settled in Mexico
Lady Hudson at Canaveral  (Anthem OTS)
Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)
3 days for dobiemom (NCL Bliss)
3 days for Quartzite Cruiser
Crazy for Cats in Lancaster
Tana back home
1Anglecat clear biopsy
57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29
Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning from an overcast but warm day at the beach

It stopped raining last night, just in time for the launch. It was really spectacular! 

Happy Veterans Day to all our veterans and a huge thank you for your service and sacrifice. I have many family members who served in all branches of the military. @kazu Your tribute had me in tears as I read it.

Have not been to todays port but it is on my list.  Todays wine selection is a favorite of friends of ours. 

Playing golf later with my son and 2 friends. Hope the weather holds.

Stay safe and enjoy today.

• Like 23

Good morning and thanks for the update,

Ive had the honor to have been in the UK on Remembrance Day , so inspiring ❤️🙏

Tomorrow we have Nieuw Statendam arriving and staying till the 16th and then back again on the 18th -21st. Also, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are in port. 
Thanks again for all the prayers for my biopsy ❤️

• Like 27

Thank you veterans for your service to your country! We will always remember. 

Morning & thank you Rich and Roy. Thinking of you today, Roy. Morning Dailyite family. A busy morning filled with Fall/Winter maintenance and gym classes. 

I chatted with my friend yesterday. She meets with her Oncologist today to see what the next step is. But her appetite is back, and she is able to maneuver her stairs at least for one round trip each day. But her voice sounded strong and it was great to chat live! Thank you all again for keeping her in your prayers and thoughts.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Champagne Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label

This non-vintage champagne has excellent ratings from numerous reviewers. Lots of online distributors with prices starting at $45.00.

Winemaker Notes

Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label is the signature champagne of the House. Dominated by Pinot Noir, it offers a perfect balance of structure and finesse.

First, Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label looks beautiful: golden-yellow, with a foaming necklace of tiny bubbles. Next it is so pleasing to the nose: initially reminiscent of yellow and white fruits, then of vanilla and later of brioche. Note the fine balance between the fruity aromas coming from the grape varieties and the toasty aromas, the result of the three years of bottle aging. The first sip delivers all the freshness and strength so typical of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label with a symphony of fruit tastes following (pear, lemon). Here is a true member of the Brut family, well structured, admirably vinous. The lingering aromas echo and re-echo, with each fruit or almond notes distinct. Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label manages to reconcile two opposing factors - strength and silkiness - and to hold them in perfect balance with aromatic intensity and a lot of freshness.

This consistent power to please makes it ideal as an apéritif, and perfect as the champagne to enjoy with a meal.

D94 Decanter
Lemony richness on the nose, a struck match character that falls in with lemon vanilla note. Toffee apple allure on the palate with chalky coolness & savoury nutty finish.
W&S90 Wine & Spirits

Brisk lemon-lime flavors and floral apple clarity lend this wine its freshness and mineral-tinged refreshment. It smells like chalk, then the flavors are enriched by toasty brioche and spiciness from the lees aging. Simple and saturated, finely made in a grandmarque style. Best Buy

WE90 Wine Enthusiast
One of the most popular of all Champagnes, this is now showing a freshness that wasn't always there. The crisp texture and green-apple flavors give it an immediate drinkability as well as perfumed acidity and a vibrant aftertaste.
WS90 Wine Spectator
A crisp and lacy Champagne, with a hint of smoke underscoring flavors of poached apricot, pastry cream and pickled ginger. An overtone of Mandarin orange peel ties it all together.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Happy Veterans Day and Rememberance Day. Thank you to all who served which includes my Dad, DH and two DSILs.

Interesting collection of days and funny quote. I'll pass on the meal.

Stone is up 🎉, some touch up paint on the trim and the front door still needs to be painted and then the front exterior will be finished. Heading out to get a free breakfast for DH, and then to Home Depot. Once back home, more shower tiling and trim painting.

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 25

Thank you for posting our Veteran's Day and Remembrance Day Daily!

I have an errand to run bright and early today but am such a fan of Geiranger I had to post a couple photos of our time there in 2016 on the Prinsendam.  It was our second visit, the first was in 2013.  If you can book a Norway cruise including Geiranger, please do!!

Standing above the town and fjord.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgoccwZkbFdsrhGSeqFhy6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468072711

The ship in the foreground is not the Prinsendam.  It was named the Monarch (from Valletta).  No time to look up the cruise line.

Halfway up the mountain the view of Geiranger.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIfzgr7UmkgmGOl0R6lRY8O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468073320

And from the top of Mt. Dalsnibba00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwltXtRd9NnAwpgSfm53ur?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468083718

Amazing!!  

I'll return later to chat and view photos.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

A crisp salute to all who have served. Your contributions and sacrifices are cherished.

Vegetarian Pate! I don’t think so.How about authentic pate?

Roy, special thoughts as you receive your first treatment today.

Thanks Rich and to all who contribute.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.  

Let us all remember the sacrifices made by men and women world wide to protect us and our democracies.  

I have been to Geiranger and it is one of my favorite Norwegian ports.   I think that is because I so enjoyed the RIB adventure.   

Today's meal would make an interesting appetizer.  I'm not sure it is substantial enough to make a full meal.  Perhaps for me as I am often not that hungry at dinner time, but for a teenage boy, it is merely a suggestion of a meal.  This could be a great low carb snack if one used the vegetables pictured in place of crackers.   

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/vegetarian-spinach-walnut-pate-3363050

2125799096_vegetarianspinachwalnutpate.jpeg.bae2f160d115b76d1cbc96098aacc700.jpeg

This one has step by step instructions.  It uses parsley instead of cilantro and frozen spinach instead of fresh.   https://cooktopcove.com/2018/07/30/how-to-make-vegetarian-spinach-walnut-pate/

872836497_vegetarianspinachwalnutpate2.jpg.5e3b3a8f422797ea1c3fc1ed3afd3a06.jpg

This one uses completely different spices and has an Indian flare to it.  https://www.myvegfare.com/veggie-spicy-pate-with-spinach-and-walnut/

spinach-walnut-dip@myvegfare-1-5.thumb.jpg.343efb84d7a56a8cefe1acd6f7c5b9a2.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Geiranger!    I was there on the ms Koningsdam in June, 2017.   I've been trying to get back but the pandemic has thwarted those plans.   We were cancelled out in June 2020 and September 2021.  We're hoping July 2022 is the charm.   

We did the bus up to the top of Mt. Dalsnibba in the morning.  We had the same wonderful views that @StLouisCruisers posted.  I have to say, it is freezing at the top.  I didn't spend much time off the bus.  We then grabbed a sandwich from the grocery store in town and sat at a table near the water.   That sandwich was wonderful!  The bread was to die for.   I'm hoping I can find a similar sandwich this coming July.  The afternoon was our RIB adventure.  I was a little nervous about it at first, but once we got going, I loved it.  We will definitely be doing a RIB this coming July.

396040547_DSC02042(2).thumb.JPG.79d689105a7d87fec52914ab41bab039.JPG

The Koningsdam from Mt. Dalsnibba.  I was using a telephoto lens.

DSC02048.thumb.JPG.d841f8bb12e40855fb60909677e29fd4.JPG

All dressed up and ready for the RIB

DSC02062.thumb.JPG.062e5d820ed17c8b69f086c366b1bc5b.JPG

The Seven Sisters from water level

DSC02077.thumb.JPG.91d4388610fac035edacc0f7f9b89987.JPG

Up close and personal

DSC02091.thumb.JPG.6a8d8dbced9731edd9f2880e278a9eef.JPG

The Suitor and his bottle

DSC02096.thumb.JPG.0269afdc6e7cc7a6bec327553ac18611.JPG

We got right up next to the waterfall.  I could have touched it.  

DSC02107.thumb.JPG.374fc8dd7203666126ec8484e25798f9.JPG

The Koningsdam from water level.  

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily! Today we remember, with gratitude, those who fought for the freedoms we have today.  I have many family members who fought in wars, including my grandfather and great grandfather.  Bless them all.

We don't know many singles any more, love the origami critters that we used to get on the BHB's, and I'm thankful for having things that make life easier.

Well, it's here.  And I don't think it's leaving any time soon.  The snow began around 4:30 yesterday afternoon and although it wasn't coming down hard, it continued throughout the night.  There looks to be about 4 inches of it on the driveway - thankfully there wasn't a strong wind with it, or we'd be dealing with drifts.  As it is, I think it's a fairly wet snow, but we should just be able to use the shovels to scrape it off the driveway and sidewalk.  There won't be any lifting involved, as it looks pretty heavy  . . .  heart attack snow.  We spoke with friends who live about 3 hours from here who said the snow began in the early morning and by mid-afternoon they had at least 10 inches with no end in sight.  So glad they have a young neighbour with a snow blower.

I don't think I'll be making today's drink of the day - I'd much rather have it in sandwich form!  Today's wine selection, however, is one I have enjoyed several times.  A dear departed friend used to show up every New Year's Day with a bottle and we'd toast the upcoming year, so we think of her every time we open a new bottle.

Today's menu offering isn't appealing to me at all - I know DH would simply ignore it if it were on the table, so I'll take a pass on it.   With the grey, snowy day out there, I'm going to take out some of the frozen chili that we'll enjoy along with some of the fresh  buns I made yesterday.  That will keep us nice and cozy warm on a chilly winter's day.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 31

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. Roy, you are in my thoughts today.

We have many friends and family who are veterans. God bless their sacrifice. 

Beautiful photos Sandi and Debbie, beautiful words Jacqui. When my husband was a post chaplain a few years, we would meet at the dock at Coeur d'alene lake on Veterans Day to lay a wreath. Allen would read In Flanders Fields and our oldest veteran would lay the wreath and taps was played. VFW has done it since the post started and I know they will be out there this morning. 

I don't think we would like today's meal suggestion. Love, love the champagne! Thanks Ann! 

Everyone have a peaceful day. Love, blessings, prayers, cheers. 

• Like 24

Good morning everyone. Happy Veterans Day and thank you to all who served.

Roy, good luck with your radiation treatments. I went through that 6 years ago. 
My family is deciding who will be coming for Thanksgiving and so far two of our five grandsons will be joining us. The other two are going to their other grandparents and the one in LA is staying home. I can’t do all the cooking so will be ordering from a caterer. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1