**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

It's not that hard, folks.  If you sail on:

Monday - test on Saturday, Sunday or Monday

Tuesday - test on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday

Wednesday - test on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday

Thursday - test on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday

Friday - test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday

Saturday - test on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday

Sunday - test on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

If you sail on:

I'm IntrepidFromDC and I approve this message.

• Like 2

We are Canadian.  Obviously need to do an antigen test prior to cruising.   We live on a small island with no private testing facilities, so bought at home ones to use.   They are the same as many people on here have used with the online supervision.   My question is this one is approved by FDA.   This one we have is approved by CDA as we are Canadians.  It is sold by Switch Health and used through out Canada.   Will Carnival accept this?   Can’t get through on phone to ask, and so far no reply to my email.   I have no way to purchase any from the US. Thanks for your help

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

That's a great way to answer LOTS of questions!  Love it!!!  Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

I tested this morning at around 7:15 a.m. central time with eMed/Abbott/Navica.  There was absolutely no wait and the process was very efficient.  Even the "help videos" I watched beforehand made it seem like a much bigger deal than it really was!    They verified my results at 7:41 and they were reported by 7:45!  So please do not be scared off by people making a big deal of the at home test - it was easy!  Hope everyone comes out negative and is able to cruise!  I leave in two days -  Yippee!

• Like 2

Reading about the kits and possibility of drama etc. makes me nervous about the Covid testing procedure and yet everyone on board currently must have tested somewhere/somehow. I have actually booked us for testing on Friday the day after Thanksgiving at a CVS and trusting works. 

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Reading about the kits and possibility of drama etc. makes me nervous about the Covid testing procedure and yet everyone on board currently must have tested somewhere/somehow. I have actually booked us for testing on Friday the day after Thanksgiving at a CVS and trusting works. 

I think many have bought the home test kits as backup to the traditional testing being cancelled or results not arriving in time. I would buy a pair if the expiration dates were longer on them. Not sure why the proctored kits have such short expiration when the non-proctored kits are good for several months longer. 

55 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

I think many have bought the home test kits as backup to the traditional testing being cancelled or results not arriving in time. I would buy a pair if the expiration dates were longer on them. Not sure why the proctored kits have such short expiration when the non-proctored kits are good for several months longer. 

I probably should know this after all my reading - where do I get the Proctored Kits?

I ordered a 3 pack for my wife and I. We both used them with no problem.

You both need separate account and you need to log out and log back in with the other persons info.

This is what my wife and I did. I have no idea if there is another way to do this.

5 hours ago, cellfree said:

I have use these tests for the last two cruises and everything went fine. Very happy with this option!

The original expiration was a 12 month long (extended) expiration period. Abbott have restarted the manufacturing process, and the new packages are slated to be available in January 2022. Current devices on the market from eMed are advertised  to be good at least through February 1, 2022.

Yes there have been instances of failed tests due to fluid issues, but given the number of these products being used, they appear to be a very, very small minority. There have also been issues with people opening the package before instructed, packages mashed in the mail, dropping the test card on the floor, and even incorrect incorrect instructions from the proctor. But again, with millions of packages in use, I think these area small minority. 

I am using a commercial test at CVS, but given the reports of CVS/Walgreen operations closure/cancellations at the last minute from these providers, I have the Abbott tests as back-up, and an extra test as back-up to that. With a cruise on the line of getting a test, It is good cheap insurance to have a back-up. 

I am doing what I need to ensure I Get On That Boat.

I am not going to let a $30 test product expense jeopardize my $4000 cruise/vacation - or cause undue stress. Beside I can always use them as a check to assure I don't have the COVID (and have done that once already).

Edited by RGEDad
Date Correction to Feb 1, 2022 Expiration Date
  • Like 3