How full are the ships sailing?

Booked an Allure for December and can't wait to get back on the open seas! Was on one of the last ones before Covid shut things down and not been back on but I'm ready! I was asking the lady at Club Royale how full the ship will be and she said all she was allowed to say was it was at reduced capacity. Any idea how full the ships are? Excited!

Is your cruise a holiday cruise?

Your guess would be as good as mine.  My friend who has been cruises a few times in the past few months says it's about 30-40% full.

I'm assuming during holidays, it would be 50-60% but that's just my guess.

9 minutes ago, xcell said:

Is your cruise a holiday cruise?

Your guess would be as good as mine.  My friend who has been cruises a few times in the past few months says it's about 30-40% full.

It leaves December 5th. I figure someone here has the numbers. Just a curiosity thing. Will be interesting being on Allure half full or less.

Allure October 31 originally were told 3600. Later we heard more in the 3200-3300 range. 

The crew that we asked really didn’t have an idea of how full they would be in the coming weeks. Only that they have been told it will continue to increase.

9 hours ago, xcell said:

<snip> in the past few months says it's about 30-40% full. 

I would concur.

Liberty of the Seas Oct31-Nov7 was about 40% from what the staff told me.

I encountered no lines for anything hardly for diner, latte's, pizza regardless of day. Had no problem finding tables even though they are spaced every other at the moment.

Flowrider/Rockwall activities were very slow even with good weather. But then again kids are in school so almost all adults.  

Enjoy your upcoming trip. 

6 hours ago, Travelgrrl said:

Wondering about the first week of February. This is my first cruise since Before Covid, and it would be great if the ship was a wee bit empty at that relatively quiet time of year.

We're sailing on Jan 29 on Symphony and hoping for fewer people and no kids.

I think it will be pretty full.

Per the unofficial blog in a posting about the recent earnings call:

Quote 1:

During the call, Mr. Bayley mentioned Freedom of the Seas sailed at 85% occupancy.

Quote 2:

We've brought back significantly more capacity, ships, beds and berths, than any of our competitors by a significant amount.

• Like 1

From what little I have been reading it appears that as ships come on line they initially start at a fairly low capacity rate and then gradually amp up over the course of the following sailings. What actual percentages is just a guess.

11 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

That would only apply to ships launching late. Some of the early launches have already sailed at 85% per Fain’s own admission.

During the call, Mr. Bayley mentioned Freedom of the Seas sailed at 85% occupancy.

"We've brought back significantly more capacity, ships, beds and berths, than any of our competitors by a significant amount. And what that means is that operationally and logistically, we've already climbed over that mountain and we've now got a large number of our assets available for booking. And more importantly, we've now gone through and absorbed all of those expenses."

So when might Royal Caribbean truly get back to full capacity across the board?

Mr. Liberty said somewhere around summer 2022 is the plan for now, "We are kind of preparing our business to maximize our revenues and profitability in this very kind of lucrative peak summer season."