Does Celebrity offer direct transfers from Port Everglades back to MIA?

isdoo

Just wondering if the ship offers any direct transfers from Port Everglades to MIA?

I am aware of trips via a mall and airboat rides etc.

I really do not want to take a cab etc., as the last one I had thought it was a good idea to text and call at 80mph

Celebrity does offer transfers but you may find it less expensive if more than one pax to use Uber or Lyft and much more convenient..    I just checked and the cost for the  car is $49.51 vs close to $60 for two on Celebrity Bus.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Celebrity does offer transfers but you may find it less expensive if more than one pax to use Uber or Lyft and much more convenient..    I just checked and the cost for the  car is $49.51 vs close to $60 for two on Celebrity Bus.

My issue is that we have had bad experience with cab drivers in the USA. 

Not used to texting and driving. Doesn't feel safe. 

4 minutes ago, isdoo said:

My issue is that we have had bad experience with cab drivers in the USA. 

Not used to texting and driving. Doesn't feel safe. 

I'm not sure that the transfer drivers are any more likely to put away their cell phones when driving.

• Like 1

I haven't had a cab driver texting and driving in the U.S. and it's illegal in Florida (probably most if not all states). I would definitely ask before you get in the cab if the driver plans to text while driving and make sure he/she knows you are writing down the cab number, driver name/number, etc., and the name and phone number of the cab company. If he/she starts to text let the driver know you are reporting it.

Ought to add that the last driver was a limo that felt unsafe. 

As a result we are nervous about taking cars that drive poorly. 

I have driven thousands of miles in the USA, so I am aware of the roads, but we really didn't feel safe. 

Hence why a coach might be better despite hating coaches haha! 

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There’s no indication that the OP booked flights for Celebrity. That’s a different kettle of fish.🐟🐟🐟

Indeed. Actually we are going to pick up a car at MIA and not a flight. 

(and before anyone asks - to collect at FLL and return in MIA was a crazy amount extra) 

18 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I haven't had a cab driver texting and driving in the U.S. and it's illegal in Florida (probably most if not all states). I would definitely ask before you get in the cab if the driver plans to text while driving and make sure he/she knows you are writing down the cab number, driver name/number, etc., and the name and phone number of the cab company. If he/she starts to text let the driver know you are reporting it.

Not everyone wants to start a cab ride on a contentious note.  After some of the cab rides that we’ve had to endure originating in Ft. Lauderdale we only take Uber or hire a private car when there. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Isdoo, I am glad you returned to this thread. I have realized that I made an error in my first reply. The cost from Port Everglades to Miami airport is $29.95 per person.  I miss read your very first post and thought you were going to Fort Lauderdale airport.

Thanks. I think that was the cost you mentioned before. 

Just my 2 cents. Every "cab" that I've been in in the US had a driver on his phone non-stop. I've never once experienced that in an uber. We exclusively use ubers when we travel if we can get them. You can rate uber drivers so they have an incentive to be polite and drive well. You can't rate cab drivers. 

Due to many of the things listed before we have not used a cab in 6-7 years.  

We use both Uber and Lyft all over the country and in international destinations.   Since the car is owned by the driver they have always been neat and clean and the driver has respect for their own car.   I have had a couple drivers answer a phone call using a ear bud and simply saying I'll call you back.   but never had one break the law an hold a phone and talk while driving.