Serenade: Only Diamond+ and Pinnacles allowed in Diamond Lounge?

AC Stew

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Everything is staffed.  Can't even get a sugar package yourself.  

M

Double espresso and a coffee for Mr. Sleepy head, and double Latte/two Truvia for me please sir!  😉 

I don't think it is 24/7 either is it?  8:00 is earliest?  Guess I will have to sleep in.  😮 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Double espresso and a coffee for Mr. Sleepy head, and double Latte/two Truvia for me please sir!  😉 

I don't think it is 24/7 either is it?  8:00 is earliest?  Guess I will have to sleep in.  😮 

On Mariner the morning attendant was ready to go around 6:30. I was usually his 1st customer 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Not really a surprise.  Many had predicted this for a while.  D lounges were overcrowded and they still seem to be even with the voucher system.

Now, they just need to bring back the free happy hour drinks for D+ & Pinns.  😄

I prefer the current system.😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We stopped in  to the P event on a recent  Allure  B2B.  80+ P on the first crusie and 70+ P on the second one.    We stopped in to support the concept and stayed for a few minutes  just twice  in two weeks.  But,  when we stopped in to take a look, there were  always fewer than 10 people there.  So much wasted food!

Not verified -  but one person in the P event said that P's were told to use the P event  rather than the  D lounge.  Perhaps The D lounge ( huge on Allure) was at capacity - I have no idea or even if the comment was true.  

M

I've visited DL on Harmony a few nights this week to visit with D+ friends. But we mainly hang out in Schooner.

We have enjoyed early evening in Jazz several days, and go to DL every morning for coffee. Never crowded

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'd prefer the current (vouchers) and "new" (D+/P happy hour) system.  🙂

P.S.  I do like the current voucher system.

Sorry, really can't have it both ways. Pretty sure old Happy Hour is toast.

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've visited DL on Harmony a few nights this week to visit with D+ friends. But we mainly hang out in Schooner.

We have enjoyed early evening in Jazz several days, and go to DL every morning for coffee. Never crowded

What time do they open the coffee service in the SL?  

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

IMO, I don't agree with keeping D's out of the DL in the evening during HH. If a ship has large number of Ds, D+ and Ps then the LA needs to ensure an adjacent venue to the DL is reserved for the evening HH.  

Honestly, with the new voucher system, I might not like it, but I'm not quite so bothered about the PM cocktail time. (Agreed though, the overflow into a generally quiet Viking Lounge has always worked.) However, I would be most annoyed about being unable to sit in the DL with that nice coffee during the quiet daytime hours. Just my perspective.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2021 at 2:55 PM, Another_Critic said:

Works for me ... I turned D+ after my last  cruise.  🙂 

It's not always about ones self....Those D's earned their status and have a right to be upset.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

IMO, I don't agree with keeping D's out of the DL in the evening during HH. If a ship has large number of Ds, D+ and Ps then the LA needs to ensure an adjacent venue to the DL is reserved for the evening HH.  

Really no reason to even go there in evening anymore. It is nice in morning for coffee.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Really no reason to even go there in evening anymore. It is nice in morning for coffee.

We'll make that decision for ourselves on our March cruise. I don't drink coffee and Kathy is fine getting her one or two cups of coffee in the MDR with her breakfast. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, trippintex said:

when it gets to 408 D 130D+ 48 penns on the liberty 2 week in nov7 it was a mess no fun

I'm pretty sure we're over 1,000 Diamond, D+, and Pinnacle.  Really no crowd.

Definitely no overflow

Maybe because the drinks aren't free anymore.😉🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:31 AM, island lady said:

I can't find the Walmart loyalty lounge either.  😮😉 

It’s next to the Emerald lounge. 😁

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

On our last 6 cruises we have been to the diamond lounge almost every night.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

It's not always about ones self....Those D's earned their status and have a right to be upset.

Please check the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

I'm still D until I board my next cruse.  My parents are D, my brother is D, and my daughter will turn D in a couple of weeks.