Crown Grill

Phantom of the Seas

19 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

At Bistro Sur La Mer did they serve you the cheese "olives"?  We were on the inaugural Sky crossing and the chef that designed the menu was on board and I wasn't sure if that was special for our sailing or if that's a signature thing they serve.  Food was amazing!

Yes, they did serve the olives.  They were wonderful!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I personally don’t think the steak is that good in the Crown grill. I always order the Lobster.

Tony

2 hours ago, franktown said:

Agree

Well, it used to beat the MDR steaks.  They used to be very good I thought - for a ship.  Nothing beats the beef I buy at home though, so my expectations are not overly high.  It is a cruise ship, after all.

9 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

It definitely was not 14oz.  We were upset by that whole experience and definitely went into detail about our issues on the survey.  Don't know if that will help.  There was a single gentlemen seated next to us, so we started a conversation.  He had been there a couple of nights prior and had a porterhouse that he said was not good at all.  He said it was definitely a very poor cut of meat.  He ordered a different steak the night we were there and said it was disappointing as well (dry, tough and little flavor).  

If someone had a poor meal in any restaurant why would they return ?

Just now, memoak said:

If someone had a poor meal in any restaurant why would they return ?

He said he assumed the first time was just a fluke so thought he would try again.  On the other hand we are now questioning whether we want to try Crown Grill on the Discovery in March.  Think we will do La Mer and Sabatini's instead.

Love crown grill… we ate there 3 times on our Halloween cruise on regal.  Looking forward to sailing again on regal at Easter.  For me, the blackened steak chop(which is essentially a ribeye) was some of the best steaks I had in a longtime.  Like others I was looking forward to trying the sea bass but it wasn’t on the menu on our cruise… only seafood was the lobster and some prawn dish… no fish. The veal and lamb is good also.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, Phantom of the Seas said:

“where’s the FISH!”

It’s clearly more meat and less fish.  I like a good seafood restaurant on a ship but it’s not a Princess thing.  Except for Sea bass and even it seems to be disappearing on some sailings.  I’m talking fish as opposed to shellfish.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

The Chilean Seabass is incredible!

Just off the Sky, and no Sea Bass in the  Crown Grill....they had Barrimundi instead.

We were very disappointed in our dinner....the Filet was tough, and the venue was very, very noisy. Also, the Spiny Lobster app was 1/2 the size that it used to be.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 10:58 AM, Phantom of the Seas said:

Read the menu, but have never tried the seafood dishes...

We recommend the Sea Bass. Among the best we've had at sea. The Lobster is also good, but being from New England we KNOW great Lobster.