Lost Luggage - FtLauderdale Nov 19

Lauren14

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

if the "luggage valet" loses your luggage, because it's a 3rd party and not cruise line or airline, credit card lost luggage protection and travel insurance won't cover it. 

Good to know.  Thank you

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Does Celebrity still have the Special luggage service (with a fee) from FLL where the bags go right to the airport and onto the plane if you book flights with certain airlines?  I used that service on Equinox in 2019.  It was great not worrying about the bags and they were there when we landed in NY. 

We were on the Equinox in August and they said they were hoping that luggage valet would be restarted soon.

And we were on the Reflection last week, but still no luggage valet is available.

I can't wait until they get this reinstated.  A lot of people miss it.   

21 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Hope you find your bag.

This is a good example of why I always cross pack with my husband when heading to a cruise.  Worst case, we’d each at least have some clothes to wear. 

that is an excellent idea

We had a missing bag once in Miami after a RcI cruise. We filed a claim and they found it and shipped it to our home. Another time my bag was missing and we were going to Disney after the cruise. We found it in another numbered group. The port folks helped us locate it.

• Like 1

Like some others noted, we try to do all we can to safeguard our bags: we have distinctive duct tape all around each bag (ugly, but it works), at least one (but often two) tags with our contact information hidden inside the tags on each handle (don’t want to advertise that we are away from home and give away the address), contact information inside each bag, photographs of each bag, and we always each pack one side so we are fully crossed packed.  Sounds like overkill but we have travelled a lot for business and pleasure over the years and it doesn’t take too many delayed bags and mix ups to motivate all of this and each of these things has paid off over time.  It also helps that my husband likes photography  and has used some of his images to have unique tags made.

Thx for the Apple AirTag idea….am going to look into adding this to our travel routine.

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Hope you find your bag.

This is a good example of why I always cross pack with my husband when heading to a cruise.  Worst case, we’d each at least have some clothes to wear. 

Tried that but when a bag actually went missing for good found that the insurance company imposed two excess charges one for each of the travellers who had stuff on the case.

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Hope you find your bag.

We always do this too and when our son cruises with us we cross x 3. When only one of our three suitcases pre cruise arrived in Fort Lauderdale with us we were so grateful. We all had a bit of everything to wear.

As we always fly in with a minimum of two nights to spare on our free day we had time to do a shop for a few more items as we were unsure the rest of our luggage would arrive before we cruised. We received a phone call 10pm  the night before we cruised to say our luggage was at Fort Lauderdale airport…They couldn’t guarantee to get it to us early the next morning so we simply jumped in a taxi and collected it there and then…

• Like 1

We had an issue once in San Juan, I saw a man grab my case (very distinctive) & start moving quickly away. I have a loud, military voice & I used it. He dropped the case & ran (airport police did detain him). I walked over & retrieved my case

Our luggage is black. We put bright yellow handle wraps on the top and side handles and attach bright red name tag holders. Our bags are easily spotted from a distance.

Some handle wraps can be customized with a last name printed on them.

image.jpeg.ced6427598b04ae3d1c70447c1e22bbf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f5af7155fcc837288d032e88fc277165.jpeg