Covid Vaccination Status Requested from Celebrity

Loracpin2

No, also you will have to provide proof of vaccination at least 5 times during boarding. We did last month on the Edge. We are boarding on Monday on the Silhouette and have been asked already and expect to be asked again for proof several times. 

• Like 1

Just now, Loracpin2 said:

I just figured since we had to have the antigen test to Board, it would be assumed we wouldn't have gotten to that point without being vaccinated.  Too OPTIMISTIC???????

I believe that they are requiring everyone 12+ to upload proof and also show vax card at port etc

• Like 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

I believe that they are requiring everyone 12+ to upload proof and also show vax card at port etc

We planned on taking our vax cards with us. What type of additional proof could be required to verify in addition to testing 48 hours? 

Just now, Loracpin2 said:

We planned on taking our vax cards with us. What type of additional proof could be required to verify in addition to testing 48 hours? 

You must have your vax cards. The cards will be checked, front and back, numerous times.

• Thanks 1

I believe that they are trying to validate vaccination information. We are sailing in a few weeks and the app had a place to scan your vaccine card...then there was a notice that said the information was being validated.... later the notice indicated that validation was in process and after several days we were cleared.

• Like 2

I got the email too, and my husband's info seems to be ok.  Mine is missing some things but it won't let me add the info--grayed out.  Also, everytime I try to do this a pop up says 'booking locked, try again later'.  Frustrating.

I also got a call last night from Celebrity asking for my vaccination status.  I have already scanned them into the app and the app now says only that we have to fill out the health quesstionaire on Saturday and then be tested on embarkation day.

I don't know if they know what is going on.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

In California we have a digital vaccination card with name, dates of vaccination and booster and a QR code for scanning issued by the state. Anyone know if this is sufficient? 

Edited by sasset
Calrification

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I registered for my December 27 cruise and had to upload a copy of my vaccine card front and back. They asked for the date of fully vaccinated or something like that. I may have screwed up because I put my second shot date instead of my third. Oh well, when I get there they’ll see I’ve had 3. 

55 minutes ago, sasset said:

In California we have a digital vaccination card with name, dates of vaccination and booster and a QR code for scanning issued by the state. Anyone know if this is sufficient? 

No. Bring your physical card, and don't lose it.  Treat it like a $1000 bill.

BTW DH has been unable to get CA to issue him a digital code. It is an unreliable system, and there are 50 variants.

1 hour ago, journeymore said:

I registered for my December 27 cruise and had to upload a copy of my vaccine card front and back. They asked for the date of fully vaccinated or something like that. I may have screwed up because I put my second shot date instead of my third. Oh well, when I get there they’ll see I’ve had 3. 

Yours should be fine because I was told by X to use the date of your 2nd shot, and when you upload your vaccination card, it will show the booster. They haven’t said they are requiring a booster so that may be why they only ask for the dates of the 1st and 2nd shot. No worries….

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I just figured since we had to have the antigen test to Board, it would be assumed we wouldn't have gotten to that point without being vaccinated.

Why? You don't need to be vaccinated to take an antigen test.

4 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

Yours should be fine because I was told by X to use the date of your 2nd shot, and when you upload your vaccination card, it will show the booster. They haven’t said they are requiring a booster so that may be why they only ask for the dates of the 1st and 2nd shot. No worries….

The app says DATE OF FINAL DOSE.  So I put in the booster date. It has been accepted/verified. I suppose if your booster is within 14 days of the cruise it would be better to use the last date of your initial vaccines.

• Thanks 1

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

9 hours ago, sasset said:

Yes, 100%

The FAQ on the Celebrity website confirms this. 

You do not need your vaccination card if you have an official app. Same applies to the UK NHS app - perfectly acceptable - after all these apps are good enough to get into the USA. 

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

is what https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/faqs says

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, journeymore said:

Which is correct - you are fully vaccinated after the 2nd not the booster. 

You could have a booster just before you board - if you put that down, you might not be able to board if that is within 14 days.

4 hours ago, isdoo said:

Which is correct - you are fully vaccinated after the 2nd not the booster. 

You could have a booster just before you board - if you put that down, you might not be able to board if that is within 14 days.

I actually got a 3rd full shot back in October so it has been well over 2 weeks. 

16 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Did anyone else receive an email today from Celebrity asking us to provide our Covid vaccination status for their upcoming cruise ??

Anyone can call X directly and tell them you want to provide your Vaccination status. They will add it to your CC information and will have it for all future cruises. A TA can also do this.

This is not new. X started asking for vaccination status months ago.