New Year’s Eve

eknowlton

Going to be a blast. Lot's of parties. I bet that the promenade will be a focal point with a balloon drop. No fireworks.

There will probably  be a party in every venue. Just find the one you like! This will be my 5th NYE cruise.

1 year we stayed outside and celebrated under the stars with the band playing in the pool area. Another year we choose the Latin themes bar and celebrated dancing all night. Another time we went to the local Jazz lounge and celebrated with friends. Another time we did the balloon drop on the Freedom's promenade! All very memorable!

This year we are on Anthem with my elderly parent's. So we will see how crazy they want to get!!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 years ago we sailed the Brilliance out of Tampa. Scheduled to sail December 29th but due to fog didn't sail until the 30th.  NYE's we were off of Cancun at midnight and were able to watch the fireworks display put on by the beach hotels.   Really nice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eknowlton said:

Are the parties themed? Do most people dress up for New Years?  Wondering how to dress the fam.

My daughter and I are already discussing what to wear. And we are going to party city to get accessories for NYE. I am so excited. 39 days!!!

16 hours ago, njkruzer said:

3 years ago we sailed the Brilliance out of Tampa. Scheduled to sail December 29th but due to fog didn't sail until the 30th.  NYE's we were off of Cancun at midnight and were able to watch the fireworks display put on by the beach hotels.   Really nice.

We’re scheduled to sail December 29th on brilliance this year. Not sure what to expect since this is a small ship. What kind of parties did they do?

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re scheduled to sail December 29th on brilliance this year. Not sure what to expect since this is a small ship. What kind of parties did they do?

Looked at our cruise compass for that night.  Here's what I see:

10:30- 1am, Countdown under the stars, poolside

Also at that time, The Quiet Countdown,  Starburst

11:15-12:30, The Official Countdown,  centrum

1 am til.....  after party, Starburst.

There was also a production show and regular evening events, music at regular venues. 

Also as I said, we were positioned off of Cancun to see the fireworks. 

Enjoy!

We have spent several fun new years on cruises.   At dinner they might provide little hats or the little blow out things. We prefer to bring our own accessories. Light up Tiaras and necklaces and rings, various other New Year’s celebration’s items. 

not sure where all the big party will be post Covid, but we always like to be in the royal promenade and would send part of our group down there early to stake out seats. Several places down there, like the bars, will let you reserve a table for a crazy amount of money and a cheap bottle of champagne. We prefer not to do that, and just take our chances and if we end up standing that’s OK.

although if I had to wear a mask on the Royal promenade, we would probably find an outdoor venue

I’m on Allure this year on NYE and wondering how social distancing may affect parties.  I’ve seen pics of huge crowds on the Promenade in the past.  I also have a question for those who’ve sailed on NYE.  How do you reserve a table on the promenade and what’s the cost?  If you can’t, how early do you need to get there?

Of course, nobody really knows yet how they will handle the crowds.  We are booked on SY for Christmas and NY but we will probably end up cancelling.

In the past, those reserved tables on the Promenade were ungodly expensive.  I can't remember exactly but I remember that it would have been well over $1500 for both of us.  Not even close to being worth it.  We're not big party people anyway so we tend to avoid the NYE parties....certainly at that price !

Who knows what it will be these days.

We'll be on Navigator for NYE boarding 12/31. We'll pass on $99pp for dinner. 

Celebrate the holidays at the Royal Caribbean hallmark, Chops Grille. Indulge in a festive meal with a bottle of Moët & Chandon Champagne for each guest and a special holiday lobster tail. Or try one of our signature main courses from the full menu, like the 9 ounce Angus Filet Mignon or the Grilled Branzino. The dinner wouldn’t be complete without an irresistible dessert, like Warm Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Berry Compote. It’s a classic way to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.

CHOPS.JPG

On 11/21/2021 at 3:47 PM, KBRADFORD79 said:

I’m so glad you asked this question. We will be boarding the Symphony on New Years Eve and not sure if we should dress up for dinner or what to expect that evening…Following thread and thanks!

We boarded NYE a few years ago.  NYE was listed as a formal night.    Not  sure  how they did it but luggage was in our cabins by the time the csabin opened!

M

Been on many NYE  cruises.  All of them  were fun and had a packed centrum/promenade.  Not sure how they will handle that this year.  

We used to love NYE on cruises until they started  roping off so many areas and selling space.  They even roped off  and sold the glass centrum elevators.    

Edited by cruisegirl1