Upcoming Caribbean Princess Livethread! 11/28-12/5

amanda384

3 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They save that for the Elite lounge.

As for parking, the next time you want to park near the port, I suggest checking out https://www.airportparkinginc.com/

From their drop down menu, choose Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport, and you'll find options as low as $6.99 per day.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've been reading up on the parking garage , I believe it's gone up to $12.00 a day at this point. I am more concerned about the directions to get into the garage. We've got a bunch of folks coming from out of town and was hoping it was pretty straightforward.😉

10 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I've been reading up on the parking garage , I believe it's gone up to $12.00 a day at this point. I am more concerned about the directions to get into the garage. We've got a bunch of folks coming from out of town and was hoping it was pretty straightforward.😉

We are also sailing today and are on our way to park n go.  We've used them many times in the past and have been very happy.  They open up booking 6 months out.  If you are sailing a busy time of year we've always gotten the best price booking early.  Plus they have a frequent parker program to earn free days.  We paid $55 for the week for this trip.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I choked up as we stepped off the gangway and the crew was clapping. It was so sweet. We are now in the Coral Dining Room for lunch. I was the third person up at the Sanctuary to book loungers! We booked them for Tues, Weds and Fri. Someone was already giving the Sanctuary steward a hard time. I just smiled at him and told him I was happy to be on board.

Seriously, I am so happy nothing could bother me right now!

20211128_113911.jpg

20211128_113914.jpg

20211128_120531.jpg

20211128_120537.jpg

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

I'll be honest, I choked up as we stepped off the gangway and the crew was clapping. It was so sweet. We are now in the Coral Dining Room for lunch. I was the third person up at the Sanctuary to book loungers! We booked them for Tues, Weds and Fri. Someone was already giving the Sanctuary steward a hard time. I just smiled at him and told him I was happy to be on board.

Seriously, I am so happy nothing could bother me right now!

20211128_113911.jpg

20211128_113914.jpg

20211128_120531.jpg

20211128_120537.jpg

Congrats and enjoy every minute of it!

Cheers

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Ugh....and I'm sure it was over something extremely petty.

They were annoyed to have to wait because they wanted to book for a whole week and felt they should have priority.

My husband made the point that maybe something really stressful happened to their group before embarkation... it's possible, I just felt bad that passengers had been on for 20 minutes and the crew was already being hassled. He took it in stride though.

Luggage was just dropped off!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

They were annoyed to have to wait because they wanted to book for a whole week and felt they should have priority.

Well, if you were the 3rd person up there, and they were already kvetching, they had to be the 1st or 2nd people up there. How much more priority do they need????

The Sanctuary does tend to book up quickly on all of the Port Everglades based sailings, but it's not worth being rude, or berating someone who has no control over that.

Hopefully, I'll remember to watch the Port Everglades webcam to watch you sail away.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Well, if you were the 3rd person up there, and they were already kvetching, they had to be the 1st or 2nd people up there. How much more priority do they need????

The Sanctuary does tend to book up quickly on all of the Port Everglades based sailings, but it's not worth being rude, or berating someone who has no control over that.

Hopefully, I'll remember to watch the Port Everglades webcam to watch you sail away.

Have a great cruise!

She probably beat them there but they thought someone wanting a full voyage booking should have priority over someone only wanting selected days.  Sorry, first-come, first-served.  They should hustle their buns better next time - LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaynors said:

Sail away was awesome!  So good to be at sea again.  According to the cruise director 1400+ guests, 1086 crew

Enjoy it while you can.

No long lines, always a table ready, 50% less chair hogs....what's not to like!?

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Enjoy it while you can.

No long lines, always a table ready, 50% less chair hogs....what's not to like!?

Well , unfortunately not always a table ready. Took 20 minutes to get seated at dinner despite a reservation. I’ll chalk it up to a 1st night anomaly. 

• Like 1

Dinner was not the smoothest in terms of wait time. Truthfully, I like traditional dining and I kind of thought our reservation for a private table was going to be the equivalent. We had to probably wait about 15 minutes to be seated which is not the end of the world but not what I expected.

I ordered the Southern fried chicken which is consistently decent, IMO. My husband got the pork tenderloin. He liked it, but when I tell you the portion was microscopic... I should have taken a picture. Not a big hardship when you can order as much as you want but he's a good eater and we both kind of laughed when we saw the size! Our waiters were very nice and running around like crazy. This crew works hard!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, what time was your reservation for?

Heh. I made the mistake of setting up 6:00 appts for each night, which I am in the process of changing to 7:20, pending Medallion app cooperation.

It appeared they were not set up to handle the number of non-sharing 2-tops,    resulting in them running out of tables and a lot of staring at the seating chart.

Why the reservation system allowed that many reservations without being able to accommodate them is unclear,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruisindad said:

Heh. I made the mistake of setting up 6:00 appts for each night, which I am in the process of changing to 7:20, pending Medallion app cooperation.

It appeared they were not set up to handle the number of non-sharing 2-tops,    resulting in them running out of tables and a lot of staring at the seating chart.

Why the reservation system allowed that many reservations without being able to accommodate them is unclear,

Thanks! I agree that would be frustrating. Kind of makes me want to book club class dining cabins if that continues to be an issue in the MDR as my DW needs to eat as early as possible for medical reasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruisindad said:

It appeared they were not set up to handle the number of non-sharing 2-tops,    resulting in them running out of tablestr and a lot of staring at the seating chart.

What time are the shows in the Princess theater?  We try to book dinner so we can make the show.
Thanks!

7 hours ago, amanda384 said:

Dinner was not the smoothest in terms of wait time. Truthfully, I like traditional dining and I kind of thought our reservation for a private table was going to be the equivalent. We had to probably wait about 15 minutes to be seated which is not the end of the world but not what I expected.

I ordered the Southern fried chicken which is consistently decent, IMO. My husband got the pork tenderloin. He liked it, but when I tell you the portion was microscopic... I should have taken a picture. Not a big hardship when you can order as much as you want but he's a good eater and we both kind of laughed when we saw the size! Our waiters were very nice and running around like crazy. This crew works hard!

I've read that same comment from a few other posters.

That would have happened to my husband only once & he would have ordered double portions of everything even if it meant not finishing everything on the plate.

29 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Ok...I will get out my magnifying glass to view them....LOL!

They're at 7:30 and 9:45 and scheduled to last for 45 minutes. I may need to rethink my dinner reservations for next week. I have them set up for 8:00. I will not mind eating at 8:15 instead. 

Edited by geoherb