Cruise planner sale today - Monday, 11/22/21

Peak city

All of the excursions for my Jan. Serenade cruise have gone back to full price. I put them in my cart yesterday at 10% off but waited to see if the cruise planner sale would be better .  Today my cart price increased as they are now regular price. Guess I will hope for Cyber Monday. The cruise planner sale does not have any shore excursion discounts for my cruise.  

The Black Friday sale kind of stinks for us. We had previously purchased UDP's for our Navigator sailings at the same price they are today. 

We had hoped for better prices on the UBP's. The price has been fluctuating between $71.99 and $62.99 p/p per day. Today's "sale" price is actually a dollar more per day...$63.99! :classic_rolleyes::classic_sad:

I think Royal is not marking down the UDP and the DBP any lower than what we have seen as the low water mark on prior sales.

My guess is because these 2 packages are the most popular and why kill their bottom line when they know x% of people will purchase and that % will not go up significantly if marked down a little more.

They have bean counters much smarter than us that spend all day figuring this kind of stuff out.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jimd909 said:

Wow....I just checked and the unlimited dining package went from $189 pp to $203 pp.  Is that what they call a sale?

Navigator of the Seas - Dec. 24 - 7-day sailing.

A sale does not mean that every item on every cruise has a reduced price.

And you are on a holiday sailing.  They definitely know that people want specialty dining then.  No need to reduce prices to get people to book.  They often restrict the number of UDP on Holiday cruises, too, because they want people to book at full price.

2 hours ago, slyster said:

So I know prices fluctuate and I can buy and cancel, buy again.  

Can someone tell me if $16.99 a day is a good price overall for refreshment package?  $51.99 a day for the deluxe beverage?

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is a great price for the refreshment package, I doubt you will see it lower.  That is also a good price for the DBP, though some sailings seem to be lower, but not by much.  That is the same price I am seeing on mine.

2 hours ago, slyster said:

Thank you!

I absolutely agree.  Grab those, especially the refreshment package.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

A sale does not mean that every item on every cruise has a reduced price.

And you are on a holiday sailing.  They definitely know that people want specialty dining then.  No need to reduce prices to get people to book.  They often restrict the number of UDP on Holiday cruises, too, because they want people to book at full price.

Then they shouldn't advertise that it's up to 55% off.  The $189 was one of the sales earlier this year that advertised up to 30% off.

This is where I saw it advertised...  

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers.pdf

And before you say it says cyber monday....it also says Dates: November 23 - December 1, 2021.

1 hour ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Ohhhhh, is it good food?!?!?!

I have seen reviews where the grilled lobster is good. 
I have never ate there but you can see videos on YouTube about CocoCay beach club.

complimentary restaurant at Coco Beach Club featuring lobster, grouper, and steak

Thank you everyone for your help in canceling and re-booking my soda package.  It turns out the issue was we ordered it under my husband's account and when I went to my account I wasn't able to cancel because I wasn't the "primary".  The sale saved us about $45.00, which I plan to spend on Coco Locos at Coco Cay.   March cannot come fast enough!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Has anyone else cancelled a refreshment package and repurchased.  I just cancelled mine online and bought at the lower price, but the refund amount it told me was only the price of the package, it did not include the gratuities.  Didn't get an email for the refund or the repurchase of the refreshment package.  I am going to call but just wondering if others have had the same experience.

I cancelled two refreshment packages today and repurchased them for $100 less. I bought several other things but have not received any email confirmations yet. 

• Thanks 1

I booked several things today but never got an email confirmation.  Guess I’ll have to call tomorrow.  Any one else have issues?

Also saw a good price for internet for next December but when I put it in the cart it was almost double.  Grrr their IT.

• Like 1

I had a bunch of items in my cart for about two months at the same price. Two shore excursions, a photo package and water bottles all were reduced today. I bought them and leaving the rest in the cart, fingers crossed they will go down on Monday. Especially the Chef's table (the ship I am on only has Chops and Chef's table so there is no point on getting of the current dining deals)

Is anything all ready included in the purchase of an Owners Suite on Wonder of the Seas as far as internet, dining or beverage packages  in the cabin category purchase. . Don't want to purchase anything that may all ready be included

17 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have one shore excursion booked that went down a total of $20 for the two of us.  I don't want to cancel and rebook because I don't want to lose the time I have booked.  Lots of the excursions for that port are sold out, so not worth risking it for $20.

True, not worth it if you like your time. 🙂  My cruise isn't until May, so thought I'd jump on it.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is anything all ready included in the purchase of an Owners Suite on Wonder of the Seas as far as internet, dining or beverage packages  in the cabin category purchase. . Don't want to purchase anything that may all ready be included

Guess I just found my answer ( Sky Class, internet is included) plus we are Diamond Plus , so do the drinks in the Suite Lounge included in the 5 drinks per day , or don't the drinks in there count as part of the 5?

SKY

• Concierge Service
  • All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen*
  • Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
  • Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea 
  • Priority Boarding and Departure
  • Priority Dining Reservations
  • Reserved Seating Area in Select Entertainment Venues
  • Suite Lounge Access (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails each evening)
  • Access to Suite Sun Deck
  • Royal Caribbean Plush Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • Luxury Bathroom Amenities
  • Lavazza Espresso Coffee Machine

* Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Beverages not included. 
 Surf + Stream package. One device per person for each guest booked in a Sky suite. Access codes will be provided upon arrival. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1