Do you still connect with people that you met on RCCL?

thefog

Yes, every cruise we have been in we stay in touch with many we meet.sometimes we even meet people that live a couple blocks away from us.

on our last cruise in October we were having dinner at Izumi and look over and say a couple we sailed with 13 or 14 years earlier.

Yup-- our daughter met up when they were 5 and now they are 18 (if it wasn;t for covid, we have cruised with them yearly).

A couple of great friends who live in the same city... We bumped into each other on one cruise and then another the next year and that's how the story goes.

When we did Hawaii on the Radiance in 2013, our "neighbors" were all seated at our same MDR table.  If we did Specialty, we'd go as a group there as well. I think with that trip, you end up with so many days and on the run to Vancouver so many Sea Days you develop more of a 'team spirit'.  One couple had the Royal suite and it was later on we learned they'd won a seven-figure jackpot in Vegas earlier that year.

• Like 1

Absolutely.  Have made several life-long friends cruising.  But, have also made some lifelong friends during non-cruise vacations.  The world is a big place - strike up conversations wherever you are - you just never know who you may meet/become friends with.

Dan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

I don't know what to say !

Find this very strange, if I am honest

We've met some lovely people from all over the world that we've sailed with again and visited them before or after a cruise, regularly stayed in touch online during Covid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

I don't know what to say !

Find this very strange, if I am honest

Cruising lends itself to meeting folks, especially when we all had assigned dining times and tables.  We've also just met folks other ways, such as having so many laughs at a "martini class" that we all met up every night at the R Bar for more.  In any case, if you spend 15-20 hours or so with someone over several days, you might find that you enjoy each other's company to the extent that you would like to stay in touch.

• Like 1

We have friends that we met on a Liberty cruise back in 2009.  We met for dinner when they were in Chicago on business.  We also have become "pen pals" via email - exchanging emails often (2-3 times a month).  There were others that we remained connected with on Facebook after that cruise, as well. We had a very friendly Roll Call group from that sailing!  

5 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

You invited them to your home in Wales ?

Yes, and we've visited with them in Florida if we've not been sailing with them, we are (hopefully) meeting up with some aussie friends next year that we met on a cruise and have since sailed with a couple of times.

• Like 1