ms Eurodam in Port Everglades November 24, 2021

Scrapnana

Eurodam will be at Pier 26 (Starboard to) from 6 am - 4 pm on Wednesday.  She is going on an 11-day Panama Canal Sunfarer cruise.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 11 Night Panama Canal Sunfarer (13218)

The only other cruise ship in port is Regal Princess at pier 2 (4:45 am - 4 pm).

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ .

Next up: Nieuw Amsterdam on Saturday, 27 November.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good to see Eurodam back in port and doing that type of itinerary.  She was the last HAL ship on which I cruised for a similar itinerary, January, 2020.  A very good cruise experience although it was raining going into to Gatun Lake and then again leaving Gatun Lake.  One objective for that cruise was fulfilled.  I was able to see and witness a huge container ship transiting the new addition to the Canal.  Panama Canal cruises are always interesting.  

Just got home.  It will make me sad to see her sail away without me.  Would've loved to have stayed on for this sailing, but I'm off on Nieuw Amsterdam in 2-1/2 weeks, so I guess I'll just have to manage.

Only had about 800 pax.  Sad that we had 2 ports chopped from our itin, but I enjoyed myself.  Read 5 novels.  Spent most of each day sitting out on the promenade deck reading and relaxing.  Those deck chairs, though!  They look like they're 50 years old and the pads?  Ewww.  Dirty and gross looking.  So I just put a beach towel down and relaxed.

8 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Only had about 800 pax.  Sad that we had 2 ports chopped from our itin, but I enjoyed myself.  

The ship must have felt really empty at only about 40% capacity.  

I am at the point where I wouldn't mind just getting on the ship and sailing in circles.  Ports not necessary!

It was great.  I basically did nothing the entire cruise, which is totally unlike me.  I did go over to HMC and I got off the ship in Costa Rica just to buy coffee, but that was all.

I'll try to write a short review this weekend and post a few pics.

I know I'll like NA, but I sort of wish I was going back on Eurodam.  I already miss a lot of the crew.

I had hoped to be here for sail-away, but friends are coming over for coffee and it might seem boorish if I stayed in the computer room while they were here. LOL

Will someone please wave at that BHB for me?  Thanks!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1