Future Cruise Once Off Ship

Julma

We are just off the Edge and we didn't book a future cruise while we were on.  We are now looking at January on the Apex.  I remember seeing something about you have up to 90 days once you're off the ship to book and still qualify for the perks.  Is that so?  I may have misread.  TIA

I can confirm that you have to purchase the certificate on the ship and then have 90 days to book something with it or you loose the benefits.   The deposit remains and if not used in 1 year is refunded to original form of payment.

I booked two cruises this week and having trouble transferring them to an agent.   When I booked one yesterday I asked the agent to confirm that I have 30 days from the date I booked the cruise not the certificate and she confirmed -  Yes you can transfer the booking up to 30 days from when you applied the certificate.    I tried again today and it was rejected saying it was past the 30 days.

I had to contact someone in the executive office to look into it and they confirmed the booking was able to be transferred and initiated the transfer.   I'll have to check in a couple days to see if it transferred.   Just be cautious.   I doubt I will every buy one again.

In my case what screwed things up was they applied it to a previous agent that I had discontinued business with even though I instructed them to put it in my name... not the agent.   By default it is applied to the agent who booked the cruise you are on when you bought the certificate.  It took me about a month to get the certificates back in my name. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, isdoo said:

I assume that if you decide to cancel a cruise booked on board, to book something else then any benefits are lost (not sure of the deposit is also lost).

My understanding is you can transfer it to another cruise and you only lose the deposit if the canceled cruise was booked with a non-refundable deposit. In August when we bought our certificate to use on a 2023 Apex cruise, the 2023 Europe schedules had not been released. The onboard agent said we had 90 days to book the certificate. By the 90 days if the schedules were still not released, we should book anything with a refundable deposit and switch when the cruise we want is available to book. The future certificates are a really good deal even if you are not sure which cruise you want, the $200 cost is fully refundable id you do not use it by 90 days.