Using spouses card to get a drink

thewynn

**THIS IS NOT ABOUT SHARING A PACKAGE!!!!

I just purchased my wife the refreshment (non alcohol) package. She does have some mobility issues but she wanted the package on her card for when she is out and about. If she is in the cabin and wants something to drink, can I take her card and get her something to drink? Again, please I don't want to get slammed about sharing, this isn't about me getting a drink for myself on her card, that is not the intention. For myself I'm going to drink water or buy individual alcohol drinks- I just want to know if I'm able to use her card to get her a drink.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

You can get her a drink 

You can get yourself a drink

You can get anyone a drink

Nobody will care..........

Don't want to get myself a drink

Don't want to get anyone a drink

Want to know if I can get my wife a drink.

Thanks for your insight though.

• Like 8

Especially since you're in the same room, it shouldn't be an issue Though I will say I haven't done it when the person asking didn't have a package. ie There's 5 of us in the pool and two take everyone's cards to go get everyone a drink.

Though the last time I was on the ship they just asked for room number and name. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Who is going to care??

I guess that is my question. Do the people who make the drinks care? If they ask to see the card and it is in my wife's name? I'm obviously not the name that is on the card.

I always send hubby to fetch drinks.  He has refreshment package, I have DDP.  He has only had an issue once.  They wanted to know where I was.  He was able to point me out so they gave it to him but told him I needed to be there.  This was at the solarium bar. 

No one else questioned it.  Just be prepared in case.  

• Thanks 1

My husband and I just got off the Adventure 2 days ago.  We used our diamond vouchers for drinks.  At least 3x, one of us would use both cards or the other one's card at night to get bottled water or 2 cans of soda.  In 10 days (2 cruises) no one had an issue.  Only thing they cared about was that we wore a mask if inside ordering.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

My husband and I just got off the Adventure 2 days ago.  We used our diamond vouchers for drinks.  At least 3x, one of us would use both cards or the other one's card at night to get bottled water or 2 cans of soda.  In 10 days (2 cruises) no one had an issue.  Only thing they cared about was that we wore a mask if inside ordering.

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’ve been using my wife’s card all week on Liberty when I run out of D+ vouchers on my card. No problem. 

Diamond vouchers and drink packages don't have the same rules.

Diamond vouchers can be used for anyone, drink packages are for the individual.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Diamond vouchers and drink packages don't have the same rules.

Diamond vouchers can be used for anyone, drink packages are for the individual.

Regardless, pre Covid, I don’t think my wife has ever; in over 30 cruises, gone to the bar for her own drinks. 

OP you won’t have a problem. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thewynn said:

I guess that is my question. Do the people who make the drinks care? If they ask to see the card and it is in my wife's name? I'm obviously not the name that is on the card.

The bar tenders tend to not care. When the bar tender uses the card to pay/charge for the drink a picture of the person attached to that card shows up on the computer screen and they still don't seem to care. 

DW has Delux Beverage Package, and I have refreshment package.  She likes wine and fufu drinks, I am not much into alcohol but love the coffee, OJ, water and (ok, I will admit it) some of the non alcohol fufu drinks.

For years I have taken her card and presented it at a bar for an alcoholic drink, while also presenting my card for a non alcoholic drink, never had an issue.  

Eddie

Oh and follow up, I can testify that the barkeeps do a WONDERFUL job in making those non alcoholic fufu drinks.  We experiment with them, and sometimes just ask them to surprise us, and they know what they are doing. 

DW gets alcohol and I don’t in same concoction

Edited by Eddie Wilson
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, jean87510 said:

Different situation.

Diamond vouchers are shareable.

Drink packages are NOT shareable.