Beware CVS for Covid test

bonship

We are sailing Sunday out of Fort Lauderdale and had Covid tests scheduled for Friday for us and traveling companions at CVS.  I scheduled them about 10 days ago just to be on the safe side.  They cancelled all four of our tests via email this morning with no explanation, and there were none available at any CVS within 50 miles.  We finally found appointments at a Walgreens that will work.  The same thing happened to friends of ours using CVS a couple of months ago.  Have a backup plan if using CVS or just go to Walgreens.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the heads up. Booked a back up at Stat Med 30 minutes later.

So Antigen Tests:

CVS 12/7/21 9:30

STAT MED 12/7/21 10:00

They're the only 2 free local ones

Flight 11:50PM (yes, red eye 😔)

4 hours ago, bonship said:

We are sailing Sunday out of Fort Lauderdale and had Covid tests scheduled for Friday for us and traveling companions at CVS.  I scheduled them about 10 days ago just to be on the safe side.  They cancelled all four of our tests via email this morning with no explanation, and there were none available at any CVS within 50 miles.  We finally found appointments at a Walgreens that will work.  The same thing happened to friends of ours using CVS a couple of months ago.  Have a backup plan if using CVS or just go to Walgreens.  Fingers crossed.

All good here...

• Like 1

CVS is so cal, I’ll not allow you to schedule days ahead.  You have to make the appointment same day.  Problem the appointments go quickly.  I tried at 12:30, all were already taken!

we ended up using Sameday Health, they do days before appointments and are very professional.  

The cost is $95 each.. a bit expensive… but worth the hassle.  If you’re spending a ton for a cruise what’s an extra $95x2… 

and you get the results in 30-60 minutes.

Edited by DuaneO
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, bonship said:

Which cvs was this?  

On 11/24/2021 at 4:26 PM, Steelers36 said:

Must be extra challenging to find appt's with everyone booking back-ups.  Maybe easy to get one at the last minute.  Just having some fun with it...............

I understand your perspective. Changing my backup to 4pm. In that they take after work walk ins that will free up the slot in case I get tested at CVS and don't need the Stat Med appt

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, Ombud said:

Thanks for the heads up. Booked a back up at Stat Med 30 minutes later.

So Antigen Tests:

CVS 12/7/21 9:30

STAT MED 12/7/21 10:00

They're the only 2 free local ones

Flight 11:50PM (yes, red eye 😔)

Where is StatMed?  Can you walk in? Thank you

7 hours ago, cruisetilidrop said:

Thank you. I was looking for one in Fort Lauderdale. I'm flying in too early to get it at home.

Same here.  I get so excited when I hear of a testing place for walk ins, but don’t have any idea where it is?

Would be really helpful if they would list the location.

Especially if there are issues with that place cancelling their appointment.

I’m still checking places in FLL that take a walk in?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I understand your perspective. Changing my backup to 4pm. In that they take after work walk ins that will free up the slot in case I get tested at CVS and don't need the Stat Med appt

I checked out the Stat Med site in Pleasant Hill, and it looks like there’s a charge for the rapid antigen test. I started a mock booking, and they wanted a credit card number. 

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Same here.  I get so excited when I hear of a testing place for walk ins, but don’t have any idea where it is?

Would be really helpful if they would list the location.

Especially if there are issues with that place cancelling their appointment.

I’m still checking places in FLL that take a walk in?

Go over to the Florida boards because there is quite a bit of info of testing here in florida. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ombud said:

I don't know where your Stat Med is but mine is in the Sunvalley Mall's parking lot by JC Penneys (Concord CA)

@OmbudStat Med is the Sears end of Sun Valley Mall on the corner of Contra Costa Blvd and Sun Valley Bvld. Covid Clinic is at the old JC Penney Home Store.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruisetilidrop said:

Thank you. I was looking for one in Fort Lauderdale. I'm flying in too early to get it at home.

We have the same predicament.  Our cruise is January 2022.  We spend most of our day (Tuesday) flying to Fort Lauderdale and sail Thursday so we'll need to be tested Wednesday.  This is according to Princess website:  "For example, if sailing on Sunday, the test may be taken on Friday and Saturday, and as late as Sunday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in."   

If sure would have been easier for peeps traveling long distance to port if the 3 day timeline was kept.  Things may change by then. 

24 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

We have the same predicament.  Our cruise is January 2022.  We spend most of our day (Tuesday) flying to Fort Lauderdale and sail Thursday so we'll need to be tested Wednesday.  This is according to Princess website:  "For example, if sailing on Sunday, the test may be taken on Friday and Saturday, and as late as Sunday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in."   

If sure would have been easier for peeps traveling long distance to port if the 3 day timeline was kept.  Things may change by then. 

Check out Lab Doctor at 1245 SE 17th street in Fort Lauderdale. Just a few minutes from Port everglades. They do antigen test ($49.00) and walkin ins. I have called them last week to verify. Also, the airport does the antigen testing, with proof that you flew into FLL. 

• Like 1