Live From Nieuw Statendam Nov 28 - Dec 12, 2021

Crew News

This begins a live thread where I will answer questions for those who will be boarding the Nieuw Statendam this Caribbean season and for those just wanting to follow this thread.  I will also provide information typically sought by CC members such as what's new/changed, COVID practices, ship main characters, special events, prices, when & where information, menus, embarkation/disembarkation procedures, issues and resolutions, impressions, etc.

For those onboard, soon to onboard, and those following, please feel free to participate.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 9

Looking forward to it! We’ll be on NS again for two weeks in 2022. Will you be in Club Orange this trip? If so, will welcome your comments about service and any changes.

For example, I’m wondering if the room’s chairs been updated to match the more comfortable dining room style in Konigsdam & now Rotterdam.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this thread, and thank you in advance for sharing your observations of the Nieuw Statendam's second sailing with us. You are in for a treat in the MDR, as Presty is the Maitre D' onboard NS right now and he runs a fantastic operation there. Bon voyage!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dunmore2 said:

Thanks, will you also be adding the updated information to your website, particularly the MDR and lido menus? 
Happy sailing.

If things have not changed, there are two series of MDR menus for the Caribbean.7-day cruises   Since I will be on for two weeks, I will post both series. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Crew News said:

If things have not changed, there are two series of MDR menus for the Caribbean.7-day cruises   Since I will be on for two weeks, I will post both series. 

If possible, can you also please get the 10-day and 11-day menus? Or at least find out how they differ from the two you will receive? Thanks so much Roger, enjoy your cruises!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

If possible, can you also please get the 10-day and 11-day menus? Or at least find out how they differ from the two you will receive? Thanks so much Roger, enjoy your cruises!!

I will try but have only been successful once before getting menus for cruise length not sailed by the current ship.  A few years ago, I was able to get the menus for 18-day Hawaii.  I will be on the Nieuw Amesterdam for 9 days and might get lucky there.  FWIW 10-day menu used to be 11-day menu with day 9 removed. 

Never hurts to ask.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Infi said:

Looking forward to this thread, and thank you in advance for sharing your observations of the Nieuw Statendam's second sailing with us. You are in for a treat in the MDR, as Presty is the Maitre D' onboard NS right now and he runs a fantastic operation there. Bon voyage!

I will tell him that he has friends on Cruise critic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

You should be able to go on the navigator app and look under the dining room and see the menu there.  Often they don’t charge every day but that should give you a good idea.  My cruiser in quite a bit after yours and I can already see the menus.  That said if the ship isn’t doing those longer cruises they many not show up.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1