Air2Sea Program....???

lgonquin

Wondering if anyone has attempted to use the Air2Sea application on the RCCL web-site.

Been trying the last couple weeks and it's not working.  Won't except Ship, Date, Departure City.

Anyone have any luck?  It's getting to be that time to think about airfare and I was curious if the RCCL program was competitive.

Opinions and past experience welcome.

I have found a2s to offer competitive pricing for flights to Europe but not for US flights.   

We were booked for RT flights from EWR to Barbados for sailing on Grandeur and had booked a non stop flight for $442 vs direct with United at $1000.

Their website (choiceair.com) has had issues for more than a month now and looks like you have to call to get pricing info. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have found a2s to offer competitive pricing for flights to Europe but not for US flights.   

We were booked for RT flights from EWR to Barbados for sailing on Grandeur and had booked a non stop flight for $442 vs direct with United at $1000.

Their website (choiceair.com) has had issues for more than a month now and looks like you have to call to get pricing info. 

I think choiceair.com is the old site for checking flights, I believe there is a new site now that is supposed to be used for booking A2S.

I think this is the new site, but you can't put in any ship name in the form. Very disappointing is still doesn't seem to work.I don't want to waste time calling an agent, I like looking over prices of flights for awhile before committing to a price and a set of flight times

Edited by Jimbo

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I still can't do either of that.............my cruise is September 2022 leaving from Rome. Maybe to far out?

I think you may be right.  If the airlines don't allow booking that far out, the search will not work.

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I still can't do either of that.............my cruise is September 2022 leaving from Rome. Maybe to far out?

42 minutes ago, pcur said:

I think you may be right.  If the airlines don't allow booking that far out, the search will not work.

I'm seeing flights for my Sept 2022 cruise leaving from Copenhagen.

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Works in chrome for me. Didn't try another browser.  Not sure of your exact date or location so I looked for roundtrip flights out of IAD for the 9/15 Wonder sailing.  Cheapest price I got was $934.56 per person.  You can usually book around 11 months out.

I wish you could still adjust dates like the old site for those going earlier/returning later than the sail date but I could only pick from the different sailing dates.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, badvector said:

roundtrip flights out of IAD for the 9/15 Wonder sailing.  Cheapest price I got was $934.56 per person.  

I wish you could still adjust dates like the old site for those going earlier/returning later

Air2Sea quoted me $1359 in UA economy for a one-way (nonstop) departing IAD for the Oct 23rd sailing. No thanks! I could take Amtrak to Newark (<3 hrs) for $57 and take a UA nonstop flight for $535; business class for $1900.

I had to call to get flight quotes for alternative dates. What a pain as I like to see the options and not someone reading me the airline, times, connections, travel times, prices, etc. The rep I got was good but wanted to read every detail line by line!

okay I tried on my Phone, Got a little further but got this message when searching for flights.

Unfortunately we cannot service your cruise.  Please call the party that helped you create your booking..

was able to get prices though by just browsing.

Interesting was got a roundtrip from a little airport near us in Roanoke/Blacksburg for $900 RT but from a larger Airport Charlotte  got a price of $1670 RT per person. Thought that was odd

Thank you for sharing to use another browser.  I've been trying to view flights for a Sept. 2022 Europe cruise for weeks now.  I can see they are available on the airline sites, but have not been able to get the A2S site to work on Safari.  It worked in Chrome.

That said, I didn't see any flexibility for doing one way flights - only roundtrip in/out of Venice.  Since we're cruising from Ravenna - a few hours south - we have to take a train to get to the airport and plan to cruise out of a different location.  The R/T flight prices are nearly identical to the airline sites, it used to be a lot cheaper using the consolidator.  I think I'll just book direct, which also provides flexibility using miles as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

okay I tried on my Phone, Got a little further but got this message when searching for flights.

Unfortunately we cannot service your cruise.  Please call the party that helped you create your booking..

was able to get prices though by just browsing.

Interesting was got a roundtrip from a little airport near us in Roanoke/Blacksburg for $900 RT but from a larger Airport Charlotte  got a price of $1670 RT per person. Thought that was odd

I'd call that a "find"!!