Do-It-Yourself Laundry

Mud_Shark

Amid various cutbacks and COVID restrictions on mask use and testing etc, we noticed one small blessing on our recent Princess Cruises.  On both Emerald Princess and Sky princess, the self-service laundromat was free!  It used to cost like $3 per wash load and $3 per dryer load.  Went to buy the tokens as usual, and was told they were complimentary.

I don't know if this is a temporary thing or has anything to do with COVID and the need maybe to do more laundry and clean your masks, but we enjoyed this and it saved us about $25 in OBC to use elsewhere.

Don

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mud_Shark said:

Amid various cutbacks and COVID restrictions on mask use and testing etc, we noticed one small blessing on our recent Princess Cruises.  On both Emerald Princess and Sky princess, the self-service laundromat was free!  It used to cost like $3 per wash load and $3 per dryer load.  Went to buy the tokens as usual, and was told they were complimentary.

I don't know if this is a temporary thing or has anything to do with COVID and the need maybe to do more laundry and clean your masks, but we enjoyed this and it saved us about $25 in OBC to use elsewhere.

Don

In late October on Majestic it wasn’t free the one time I went there.

5 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Hmm - drat. OK, maybe we just got lucky on these two cruises.  I thought maybe princess was giving a little incentive to wash your face masks more often.

Don

As I recall from earlier posts some ships were not set up to use Medallions to purchase tokens so they were free.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Very nice for you! Returned yesterday from Enchanted Princess, no free tokens. But I'm very grateful a laundromat was available for use.

We are on the Enchanted in January.  Since we will have just disembarked the Celebrity Apex, with no access to a DIY laundry onboard, we will be visisting the laundry on the 1st sea day.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:34 PM, Nashna said:

We are on the Enchanted in January.  Since we will have just disembarked the Celebrity Apex, with no access to a DIY laundry onboard, we will be visisting the laundry on the 1st sea day.

You may want to get your laundry done on embarkation day.  Been there, place is empty. Sea days are crazy in the laundry room. Enjoy your cruises! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoRoy218 said:

You may want to get your laundry done on embarkation day.  Been there, place is empty. Sea days are crazy in the laundry room. Enjoy your cruises! 

The craziest day I ever had in the laundry room was on the Star Princess in Helsinki. It followed St. Petersburg where the laundry rooms were closed due to water restrictions. It was now more than half way through the cruise, and it did seem everyone chose then to do their laundry. I waited a long time for a washer and then had to find another laundry room with a somewhat reasonable wait for a dryer since one of the 2 dryers in the laundry room I was originally in had no heat. The laundry room I eventually used had a layer of water on the floor.

I just checked the review I wrote about that cruise. I went into the laundry room at 3:30 and our laundry was finished at 6:45. Over 3 hours to do one batch of laundry!

Edited by ontheweb
added last paragraph

2 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

That is an excellent suggestion.  We typically like to check out new ships first.  Perhaps, we can explore in between the wash and dryer.

8 hours ago, brisalta said:

Are you the chief lint inspector and dropped token collector? 😉

Funny!  No, I think we will manage to slip out of the laundry room to do a bit of exploration while the appliances do their thing.  I wouldn't mind find a token or two...

• Haha 1