Does Princess still have the Book Club?

chamima

I can't say for sure, but I can say that I always saw an article about the book club in the Circle Magazine they send, but there was no mention of any books in it. That is probably not a good sign if you are looking for a book club.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, chamima said:

In the past Princess always chose a book or two for passengers to read and discuss. 
We’ll be on the Caribbean next month and I haven’t found any mention of it. 
Another loss to Covid?

I found this:

Princess Book Club - Princess Cruises

But it seems to only go up to June 2021. The later months listed are for 2020.

Edited by ontheweb
last paragraph

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, dandylion said:

Any current updates on the princess book club

I looked at the Instagram group that was mentioned on the above cited website link.  Looks like These Tangled Vines by Julianne Maclean was the last referenced book which I guess would have been the July or August 2021 pick.  No posts since then.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, macusr said:

Visited the page and noticed that all the prior picks have been removed and a note saying "Check back soon for our next book selection" has been added.

Very interesting.  I just checked the link to the Book Club page a couple of days ago and it still had the selections from June 2021.  Maybe things are revving back up again?

I tried it once.  First, when I went to the first meeting, they were still using the book from the previous month (Cruise. was the first week of September 2018).  I read on my kindle, so I downloaded it and read it.  At the end of cruise meeting all they did was collect the books people borrowed.  No staff lead discussion.

On our 2023  World Cruise we’ve started our own book club, selected 4 books and 5 meeting days.  The first meeting day we will get aquatinted, select discussion leaders and confirm dates and meeting places still work.  We all bought our own books in advance.  We did not have confidence Princess would follow through.  

Edited by jeno
  • Like 3

A few years ago while on a Princess Cruise, my DW found the book and read it before the cruise.  Waited patiently for the Book Discussion to show up in the Patter.  I think it finally did, but no one showed up for the book discussion besides her.