Vaccination validation?

Firepath

I tried to check in for my January cruise with the Celebrity app. It verified my Travel info and Arrival Time but says I’m we’re not yet cleared to board because they are still Validating our Vaccination Records and our answers to health questions must be the day before the cruise. I submitted copies of our vaccine records. Is this normal?

3 minutes ago, marieps said:

You wouldn't be "clear to cruise" until you do the health questions anyway.  For us the vax cards were accepted pretty immediately.  Was it the usual CDC card you uploaded?

Yes. I submitted them 2-3 days ago.

I submitted them 12 days ago for my Jan 3 sailing and they were still showing verifying yesterday.   I'm not concerned as they will just check them at the pier.   I've received at least 10 emails to supply my vaccine status after I sent back the first request.

I submitted our vaccine confirmation when I checked in on November 8 and it had the waiting to be validated (or whatever that wording is) until yesterday, when it now changed to a check mark. 

I believe this is helpful and means people are reviewing this in advance.  For our October 29 cruise on the Equinox, when checking in, the guy looked at his ipad and said "I see your vaccination is approved" and then he just checked our names and the dates of the two doses and that was all.  In August, before the pre-approval process the person at check in looked at our vaccine confirmation carefully and inputted dates, etc.

As a note, even though I have the 3 check marks, it stills says "not yet cleared to board" as you have to do the health questionnaire the day before and confirm it at the pier.

37 minutes ago, ronmar22 said:

On the subject of verifying your vaccination records, when asked for the date of your last shot are they wanting when you received the second dose of the original vaccine or do they want the booster date?

Second dose 

You cannot do the health questionnaire until the day before and that makes sense.  Things change if you do it anytime earlier.   

The vaccination verification is almost useless as you are required to show the card at least twice when boarding along with the proof of COVID negative taken within 2 days or cruising. 

I think the most important thing about doing the proof of vaccination is to make sure that the  2 nd shot was at least 2 weeks prior to be considered  fully vaccinated. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅