Has it ever been to cold at perfect day cococay?

3 minutes ago, lonestarmikeb said:

We are looking at booking a cruise in February with a Perfect day stop, has anyone ever been there and its been to cool to really enjoy?

HAILLL YEAH! I was there Thursday and came right back to the ship. The pool and ocean were freezing. On top of that there were too many rough bits in the sand getting into my thongs and the tide was low, so there were giant sections of the beach that were simply unswimmable. I happily enjoyed the rest of the day on an empty ship.

A huge mistake to build the island that far North in my opinion…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

HAILLL YEAH! I was there Thursday and came right back to the ship. The pool and ocean were freezing. On top of that there were too many rough bits in the sand getting into my thongs and the tide was low, so there were giant sections of the beach that were simply unswimmable. I happily enjoyed the rest of the day on an empty ship.

A huge mistake to build the island that far North in my opinion…

I hate when sand gets in my thong🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

It's a bit relative. As someone said it's about due east off Miami/Ft Lauderdale so it gets close to the same temperature it is there. The islands are obviously surrounded by water so if the ocean hasn't cooled off that much so it might be a bit warmer than in Florida.

But even then it's relative. I've had friends from up north come down and hang out in the pool while my butt was in the lounge chair in the sun covered from head to toe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Oh ho ho ho, very very funny…the rest of the world needs to learn how to teach their children how to speak proper English again. “flip-flop” is not the proper term. 

I whole-heartily agree

We definitely wear thongs here down under!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Oh ho ho ho, very very funny…the rest of the world needs to learn how to teach their children how to speak proper English again. “flip-flop” is not the proper term. 

We call them "Flippy-floppies" now. As they do in "I'm on a Boat" :classic_biggrin:

https://youtu.be/w54sPT4PBoM

They call them "Slippers" in Hawaii. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Umm, please don't lecture a Floridian on our state footwear. We wear these year round, not just on vacation from the GWN.😉

Screenshot_20211205-213145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f927de6fba2293668e1f00b67576eb0f.jpg

Screenshot_20211205-213049_Google.thumb.jpg.29f85350eb81a52fc47f69c1dc1b25e7.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 10
  • Haha 12

Cold is a relative term, but yes, CocoCay gets cold. It has deeper water outside the Gulf Stream  that's already cooling it down, so the water is chilly for Floridians already. If it's breezy and it's below ~70, it's chilly for Floridians.  🙂   Your mileage may vary.

• Like 3

Unrelated to this…is it now appropriate for females to wear swimsuit thongs on cruise ships? I saw a number of ladies adorning them on Royal last week. Never seen that before at a public pool. 

Granted, they were the wider style thong, but since when did it become acceptable? Especially on a ship with kids…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Unrelated to this…is it now appropriate for females to wear swimsuit thongs on cruise ships? I saw a number of ladies adorning them on Royal last week. Never seen that before at a public pool. 

Granted, they were the wider style thong, but since when did it become acceptable? Especially on a ship with kids…

Forever as I recall. Men wear them as well.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, please don't lecture a Floridian on our state footwear. We wear these year round, not just on vacation from the GWN.😉

Screenshot_20211205-213145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f927de6fba2293668e1f00b67576eb0f.jpg

Screenshot_20211205-213049_Google.thumb.jpg.29f85350eb81a52fc47f69c1dc1b25e7.jpg

I always thought sliders referred to the flip flops WITHOUT the Y toe straps and have just the band across the toe area. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, lonestarmikeb said:

We are looking at booking a cruise in February with a Perfect day stop, has anyone ever been there and its been to cool to really enjoy?

Only rain or rough water stops us from enjoying CC

It might rain tomorrow 😪

• Like 1

Just now, kwokpot said:

I always thought sliders referred to the flip flops WITHOUT the Y toe straps and have just the band across the toe area. 

That's how I interpret the wiki definition. 

I just call them slides

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Very few can pull off looking good in a thong.  The cruising population age brings that percentage even lower. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Very few can pull off looking good in a thong.  The cruising population age brings that percentage even lower. 

I can proudly say that at 60 I can pull off a Speedo type swimsuit!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I wear a Speedo-branded pair of board shorts. 

Yes, Speedo themselves calls what most Americans call Speedo swimsuits Briefs and other companies call them bikini style. Interesting fact is in France most public swimming pools ban board shorts as swimwear and requires men to wear swim briefs. 

• Like 1

Just now, kwokpot said:

Yes, Speedo themselves calls what most Americans call Speedo swimsuits Briefs and other companies call them bikini style. Interesting fact is in France most public swimming pools ban board shorts as swimwear and requires men to wear swim briefs. 

Guess I won’t be swimming in France then unless all the people want to be scared away lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3