The Daily for Wednesday December 08, 2021

richwmn

@kazu Jacqui, please never forget that we all care about you and would do anything to help you. We are truly a family created out of a pandemic and are here for you. I am so sorry you are hurting and probably fearful about everything but Jose is in good hands at the hospital. Thank you for sharing your burden with us. Hugs and prayers for you and Jose. Sympathies to your stepson on the loss of his mother. 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@kazuThank you for sharing  with us,  our thoughts are with you, I'm  wishing that  we could help you in some way.

Do you have nearby friends or neighbours who can support you?  Do Covid restrictions  permit you to visit Jose in the hospital?   

Sending cyber hugs to you. 

Condolences to your stepson on the loss of his mother.

PS. You are not a Debbie downer.

I am trying to use the microphone because I can’t type/

To  answer a few questions I have no relatives here but I do have a couple close friends and they have been very kind to me today

Friends are not something I take lightly and I have very few but they are precious

We have severe Covid restrictions here but I was told by the nurse that I could have an exception and hopefully I can go tomorrow if he’s feeling a bit better. I didn’t want to go today because I \Was afraid he would think he was coming home. And he can’t.

He is one of the good people in this world that worked to save others all of his life until two years ago as a physician and now this is how he is being rewarded.  It just seems so wrong and so unfair.I’m sorry He never wanted anyone to know what he did for a living because he didn’t like to publicize it but he took the toughest cases the ones that couldn’t be solved - just seems so wrong when he helped so many. I don’r know what happens next but it doesn’t sound good at the moment 😢 

My apologies again but I have been crying since 4 AM  this mornig

• Like 10
  • Thanks 18

39 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@rafinmd  you are halfway through the course of radiotherapy already.  Are the appointments at the same time each day?

Pretty much now, 9AM daily with just a few variations, particularly at the beginning.  I actually goofed today; it was the last time I had a different time not on my request.  It was 9:15, and I went in to be ready for 9 and got a bit frustrated waiting to be seen.  It was only after I was back home that I realized my mistake.  The first couple weeks it was a different time each day as I was fit in whereever there was a hole in the schedule.  I'm trying to keep to 9 as much as possible which gets a bit awkward sometimes.  My physical is next Thursday.  My primary likes to do them at 8:30.  At my request they moved the physical to that afternoon with the labs done at a private lab on Saturday morning.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

To  answer a few questions I have no relatives here but I do have a couple close friends and they have been very kind to me today

Friends are not something I take lightly and I have very few but they are precious

We have severe Covid restrictions here but I was told by the nurse that I could have an exception and hopefully I can go tomorrow if he’s feeling a bit better. I didn’t want to go today because I \Was afraid he would think he was coming home. And he can’t.

He is one of the good people in this world that worked to save others all of his life until two years ago as a physician and now this is how he is being rewarded.  It just seems so wrong and so unfair.I’m sorry He never wanted anyone to know what he did for a living because he didn’t like to publicize it but he took the toughest cases the ones that couldn’t be solved - just seems so wrong when he helped so many. I don’r know what happens next but it doesn’t sound good at the moment 😢 

Jacqui:

You and Jose represent the best. You are caring, compasionate people who have made a difference in your lives. Both of you have impacted the lives of so many people. The world is so much better for having both of you.  Your extended family here is united in doing what we can to be supportive of you in this difficult time. You and Jose are truely loved and appreciated.

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Pretty much now, 9AM daily with just a few variations, particularly at the beginning.  I actually goofed today; it was the last time I had a different time not on my request.  It was 9:15, and I went in to be ready for 9 and got a bit frustrated waiting to be seen.  It was only after I was back home that I realized my mistake.  The first couple weeks it was a different time each day as I was fit in whereever there was a hole in the schedule.  I'm trying to keep to 9 as much as possible which gets a bit awkward sometimes.  My physical is next Thursday.  My primary likes to do them at 8:30.  At my request they moved the physical to that afternoon with the labs done at a private lab on Saturday morning.

Roy

Glad you’re nearly done!  Just be aware the fatigue may last a while after the treatments so be gentle with yourself.  Eat well and get the rest you need!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

@mamaofami Carol, happy birthday to Matthew.

@rafinmd Roy, half way through...make sure to rest and take care of yourself.

@kazu Jacqui, never a need to apologize and you are not a Debbie Downer in any way. We are here to support you however we can. Continuous prayers for you, Jose and his medical team. Lean on your Dailyite family as much as you can.

Last night was not a good night as far as sleep for me. Helped DMIL with a few things this morning. DD and DGS came over and after lunch we did some shopping. They went home after dinner and since then I have been reading the Daily off and on. I am hoping for a really good night's sleep as I am very tired.

Wishing everyone a great night.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Edited by JAM37
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kazu said:

Our hearts go out to you Jacqui.

We are thinking of you and praying you get better news today and it is not as bleak as you think.

Sincerely.

Graham x and Pauline x.

• Like 7

@kazu  Jacqui — Thank you for sharing your situation with us. We send virtual hugs to you and Jose during this difficult time. You are always there for all of us, whether here on the Daily or various Roll Calls/other threads. You never have been nor will you ever be a Debbie Downer. We also send condolences to your stepson on the loss of his mother. 

-Cat & David

• Like 8