Bringing non alcohol beverage onboard

I was wondering if I could put my diet cranberry juice, 6 of them that are 10oz each in my check in luggage.  I trying to avoid bringing a carry on, and a purse on board and these little bottles makes my back pack so heavy along with the camera, meds and other things I need to carry on.  Has anyone put their beverages in their check in luggage?  We use to years ago but, I guess things have changed.

Normally limit is 12 bottles/cans in carry on only.  But I am not seeing limit in current FAQ.  Putting these in checked baggage is a bad idea.  You are likely to be called to the naughty room to reclaim your luggage.  But if your drinks break in your luggage it could be a mess for both you and anyone else who had luggage under yours in the big bin they use to move it onboard.

The system, which was changed to HELP EVERYONE and GIVE THEM THE OPTION TO BRING DRINKS ON BOARD instead of prohibiting it, is that you are limited to 12 containers of 17 ounces/half a liter each of any non-alcoholic beverage, and you must carry them on with  you.

I would suggest a wheeled suitcase so that you are not carrying them around.  There are small ones, or a wheeled backpack.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, cruzingthebriny said:

I was wondering if I could put my diet cranberry juice, 6 of them that are 10oz each in my check in luggage.  I trying to avoid bringing a carry on, and a purse on board and these little bottles makes my back pack so heavy along with the camera, meds and other things I need to carry on.  Has anyone put their beverages in their check in luggage?  We use to years ago but, I guess things have changed.

Carry-on only, not in checked bags

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The system, which was changed to HELP EVERYONE and GIVE THEM THE OPTION TO BRING DRINKS ON BOARD instead of prohibiting it, is that you are limited to 12 containers of 17 ounces/half a liter each of any non-alcoholic beverage, and you must carry them on with  you.

I would suggest a wheeled suitcase so that you are not carrying them around.  There are small ones, or a wheeled backpack.

Thanks, great suggestion.

1 hour ago, jamon said:

Can you still bring on a bottle of wine per person?????????

From the link provided by @rockmom ...

"On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied."

Hello,

And I always said when this has been asked in the past, the UK printed brochure used to stipulate "FINE wine" - my capitals.

I take 6 x 1 litre bottles of flavoured sugar free mineral water still in the original shrink wrapping. I do not put it in my cases nor carry it myself but put it with my cases for the baggage handlers to deal with - and it arrives intact and without issue.

Regards,

Cublet

On 12/11/2021 at 12:51 PM, cublet said:

Hello,

And I always said when this has been asked in the past, the UK printed brochure used to stipulate "FINE wine" - my capitals.

I take 6 x 1 litre bottles of flavoured sugar free mineral water still in the original shrink wrapping. I do not put it in my cases nor carry it myself but put it with my cases for the baggage handlers to deal with - and it arrives intact and without issue.

Regards,

Cublet

When did you last do this?

At least for US sailings, it is likely to be left at the dock.

8 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

ok this leads to my question. I have to drink protein shakes daily for medical purposes. Can i affix a luggage tag to a case of them and hope for the best since it is technically a medical supply?

There is a statement in the beverage policy that says you can bring beverages needed for medical purposes.  I would still contact the special needs department so it is noted in you reservation.

Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a statement in the beverage policy that says you can bring beverages needed for medical purposes.  I would still contact the special needs department so it is noted in you reservation.

Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

awesome, thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRF said:

When did you last do this?

At least for US sailings, it is likely to be left at the dock.

Hello,

Both in September and October 2021 out of Southampton.

Cublet

PS: And not for the first time either.