Prepping for cruise- kinda freaked out!

Am I alone in this?  We have a cruise in Feb, and I’m so worried I’ll forget something!

DH and I pre-covid tried to cruise once a year.  I am the planner, and felt I had a good rhythm/system for planning and packing.  Now, since it’s been a while, I’m out of practice!  This weekend, I think I’m going to put together a list of all the things we need to do and pack…. I’m paranoid I’ll forget something important, like final payment, getting my prescription nausea ear patches, packing our KN95s, and scheduling covid tests.

So overwhelming, but so excited to get back onboard!

• Haha 1

My son just went to Mexico . I told him you cant forget to bring your passport , credit card and phone. Everything else you can wing it. 

He didnt need a covid test ( he is fully vaxed ) as he flew direct to Mexico.

Beverage Package

Final Payment done

Beverage Package

Passport 

Beverage Package

Vaccination Card

Beverage Package

Underwear

Beverage Package

As long as you have those....Amex can take care of anything else you forget

and don't forget the Beverage Package

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Am I alone in this?  We have a cruise in Feb, and I’m so worried I’ll forget something!

DH and I pre-covid tried to cruise once a year.  I am the planner, and felt I had a good rhythm/system for planning and packing.  Now, since it’s been a while, I’m out of practice!  This weekend, I think I’m going to put together a list of all the things we need to do and pack…. I’m paranoid I’ll forget something important, like final payment, getting my prescription nausea ear patches, packing our KN95s, and scheduling covid tests.

I'm in MN too and cruising next month.  Where are you getting the covid test at? And any suggestions where to get some flip flops?  We have guest kitties and between them and my cat, I suddenly need to replace them. 

1 hour ago, loman said:

My son just went to Mexico . I told him you cant forget to bring your passport , credit card and phone. Everything else you can wing it. 

He didnt need a covid test ( he is fully vaxed ) as he flew direct to Mexico.

Until he returns..

59 minutes ago, Priszm said:

I'm in MN too and cruising next month.  Where are you getting the covid test at? And any suggestions where to get some flip flops?  We have guest kitties and between them and my cat, I suddenly need to replace them. 

I can't help with the flip flops. For our last two cruises we used the state run testing center in Inver Grove Heights. Easy to make an appointment online and quick turnaround for results.

1 hour ago, Priszm said:

That made me chuckle.

Besides online (you can buy anything online), try a Dick's Sporting Goods or DSW.

42 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

I can't help with the flip flops. For our last two cruises we used the state run testing center in Inver Grove Heights. Easy to make an appointment online and quick turnaround for results.

I'm in Coon Rapids, Inver Grove definitely doesn't sound like a trek I want to make. Especially after all the snow you guys got yesterday (we got just under 3").

2 hours ago, Priszm said:

I thought we were told to call them thongs🤔

• Haha 1

If you are cruising out of Galveston the krogers over I  sea wall seems to have pretty  much everything. Sun tan lotion that is environmentally friendly, bug spray for Belize, everything we could think of that was out of season up in dallas. Bet your port has a store like this.

If you are near the metro- GS labs can get you results in under an hour, and take insurance.

I have way too many pairs of cabin flip flops, so don’t know where to get them now 🙂

3 hours ago, Priszm said:

Teva makes the most comfortable flip flops, not cheap but very supportive.

They only sell them online and depending on your cruise date you may not have enough time.

58 minutes ago, loman said:

That is correct . They do the testing on the resort prior to departure , and he needs to complete the arrivecan  info on the app to enter Canada .

Not to mention another test once he lands...

14 minutes ago, xcell said:

Not to mention another test once he lands...

Are you referring to the random testing of fully vaccinated travelers at Pearson Airport when he lands ? He would of been tested within 24 hours of entering Canada.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If you are cruising out of Galveston the krogers over I  sea wall seems to have pretty  much everything. Sun tan lotion that is environmentally friendly, bug spray for Belize, everything we could think of that was out of season up in dallas. Bet your port has a store like this.

3 hours ago, mrg0433 said:

CVS at San Juan has most items u need. Short walk.  

According to her signature, it's the Odyssey, which is currently home-ported in Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale.  (stopping at CocoCay, Roatan and Cozumel)

9 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Get yourself together already, it’s not that difficult.

• Like 2