WARNING! -- Medallions have been POPPING OUT of the current "improved" medallion holders!

RSS from SF

10 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

World Fresh Marketplace buffet, this morning at breakfast:
The woman at the window table next to us had her medallion pop out, bouncing ONTO HER PLATE, and
then onto her 🍓🍓🍓 JAM 🤣, causing a mess!

---

Obvious user error. 

She should have coated her medallion with her jam BEFORE inserting the medallion in her medallion holder!

😉😁

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, RSS from SF said:

Regarding the current medallion holders:

• IMG_20211123_104234.thumb.jpg.ac188c654b

---

Please be careful! --

Medallions have been POPPING OUT of the current "improved" round medallion holders!  Three examples:

1. At home --
    My spouse's medallion popped out of the holder just before leaving the house for our Majestic Princess cruise late last week:
    a)  Spouse removed the medallion from round holder and and put the medallion in an older square holder.
    b)  I decided to keep my medallion in the round holder for check-in, but otherwise on the ship I carry the medallion only in my pocket.

2. Crown Grill, 2 nights ago at dinner:
    The woman with her party of 3 at the round table next to us had her medallion pop out and UNDER THE TABLE LEGS.

3. World Fresh Marketplace buffet, this morning at breakfast:
    The woman at the window table next to us had her medallion pop out, bouncing ONTO HER PLATE, and
    then onto her 🍓🍓🍓 JAM 🤣, causing a mess!

-----

Not to worry. If you loose it. It can be found with the app.

• Haha 1

We recently returned from 20 days on the Enchanted and had no issues with the Medallions popping out even though we did mistreat them sometimes jamming two of them into my pocket.  But when DW and I received our Medallions one did immediately pop out of the plastic holder.  It looked to me like the factory had never properly secured the Medallion under the 4 plastic retaining clips.  It took me a couple of minutes to properly seat the medallion under the clips and we never had any further problems.  So I would suggest that everyone carefully check their medallion (as soon as received) to make sure it is fully clamped by all 4 of those little plastic tabs.

I actually like the new flimsy holders because they are small and round.  This made it easy to carry them in a pocket (DW often wears outfits with no pockets).  Most folks we saw on our cruise used the new plastic holders.  We did see a few in the old square holders and few others on the wrist bands (available for purchase).

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one we received is hard plastic. The medallion snaps in place. The ones on eBay are held in with the magnet. No problem with those either. I hate the super long lanyard that comes with the plastic one. At least the ones on eBay I can choose the length of the chain for those. Not swing all over the place and hitting things. Plus look stupid. These plastic ones are very cheep looking. The eBay ones are also beautiful. I use a 24" chain with mine.

1.JPG

2.JPG

2.JPG

On 12/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, Jadn13 said:

The sustainable watch band works  really well for anyone who is looking for an accessory. I used it for 14 days and will be bringing it with me again for 20 days in January. Worth the added cost. 

I got the watch band and can't figure out how to get it out. It shouldn't be that hard. 

14 minutes ago, Pmorton3360 said:

I got the watch band and can't figure out how to get it out. It shouldn't be that hard. 

You just turn the top circle  and it comes away from the watch. (I had them teach me when I purchase because I wanted the logo straight and they put it in crooked) 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:41 PM, CineGraphic said:

Thanks for the info. It's either a crappy design or user error.

I keep mine in my pants pocket.

It's not as if I'm at a convention or trade show, I'm on vacation.

With all these stuffed into your pants pocket, I should have thought people would give you funny looks.

Regards John

On 12/20/2021 at 8:41 PM, CineGraphic said:

unsafe-display.thumb.jpg.82e9153591e9044d045da994607e4a28.jpg

On 12/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, RSS from SF said:

*Forgive me -- my bad. . .  Why of course we users are likely to blame, rather than the holder design. 

I did see that you got some snarky replies suggesting that you might not be capable of using the supplied holder.

That would make me a little cranky, too.

Comrade -- please continue to read pravda ... er ... cruise critic.

Accepting that everything is the users' fault, is the best way to avoid that pesky re-education!

41CyuoxrPvL._AC_.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I did see that you got some snarky replies suggesting that you might not be capable of using the supplied holder.

That would make me a little cranky, too.

Comrade -- please continue to read pravda ... er ... cruise critic.

Accepting that everything is the users' fault, is the best way to avoid that pesky re-education!

41CyuoxrPvL._AC_.jpg

Just now, CU64 said:

Mine popped out twice on 7 day Majestic one week ago. Finally got new one with older plastic square around it. Just call CS, they tell you where the medallion dropped. The first time it was at the Hollywood Conservatory caught on a chair. I went back & found it. Second time it popped out at hamburger place on Deck 16. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I found a way to "recycle" the older medallion holders (from pre-pandemic).  I don't like lanyards...prefer to just keep the medallion in my pocket but (in my opinion) they are too small.  I'm afraid it will pop out of my pocket while I'm digging around in there looking for something else!  

So...

medallion1.thumb.jpeg.06da86ac825c75205ec02ff85b2eaf79.jpeg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

On 12/20/2021 at 8:45 PM, Pam in CA said:

I now just use an Apple AirTag holder. Works great and you can get a wide variety on Amazon. 

F2A8F7E0-29C1-4DA6-BAA7-7550F1DD9133.jpeg

I also use an airtag holder but it's a velcro strap like a watch and holds the medallion very snuggly.  Just $7.00 on Amazon

• Like 1

I like the looks of that one, if it is Silicon Rubber.  Is that one on strapsco like a silicon?  On a short cruise I am sure the little plastic round one would work.  could always but a little clear tape.   But silicon would really protect it, as well as maybe good a little better than cheap clear plastic.

I have a question.   I have heard comments about lanyards you are givien.  Are the long?  How long are they?   We did cruise before the pandemic, and the lanyard was too small to put over my head with my hair put up in big hair clips.

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I have not read the thread.  

My wife’s Medallion kept popping out of the holder.  The crew was able to find it by tracking her on their gizmos.  Three times.  

You could have found it the same way. 

Before our may cruise this year I followed instructions and ordered the Medallion along with a black wrist band to hold it.

When they came I inserted the Medallion into the band and tried to snap the lock.  Had to pull hard to stretch the band to get it to lock.  It would have fit a small child comfortably.

Then when I pulled down the sleeve of my shirt to cover it my thumb bumped the Medallion in the holder and it tilted sideways.  ?????  Took band off and inserted the Medallion again.

Then lightly poked it with my finger and it tilted once again.  One more time. Off with band, insert Medallion and back on wrist.  This time I thumped my hand down the table and once again it tilted.

Then I saw a You Tube video by Don who reports on cruising.  He lost his Medallion our of his wrist band while on a tour. 

So, on the cruise the I used the Lanyard around my neck and dropped the Medallion down inside my shirt so it would not fall into the soup while eating or something. 

Bob