Is this new .. I printed luggage tags mine shows Platinum my roommates doesn't even show priority (like before Covid)

GAMOM4

This is a concern for me .... do we not get to go to the cabin immediately when we get on?  We have 10:00-10:30 boarding ...... if she doesn't have priority will she will she be able to get off at the end of the cruise with me with Platinum debarkation?  I am confused I guess 

Maybe you havent read there is no priority boarding? Well sort of. Plat and diamond have been going by and dropping off their luggage but there is no guarantee your cabin will be ready before 1 pm.

I've been dropping off luggage and sticking it in the closet out of the way when I board. My cabin hasnt been ready. So I put luggage out of sight and out of the way. 

16 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Are your roommates Platinum?  If not, they don't get the same perks as you just because you are traveling with them.

No but they always get the priority boarding with me (or have for years now and get to get off the ship when I do for the end of the cruise)  none of the other stuff

Right now there is no priority boarding unless you have a suite. Platinum & Diamond get to check in 2 days before anyone else though.  You xan still drop your bags off, but your room most likely will not be ready before 1:30

My cruises all the way through to Sept 2023 all have Diamond on the luggage tags and the boarding passes. I cruised in August and we waited to board amongst the new cruisers etc. Only the suites were treated special and separate regardless of their status. Carnival can change the documents at whim when the protocols are done away with but expect some of the new treatment of D/Ps to stay.

• Like 2

We have been on 4 cruises since cruising resumed.  We are platinum, sailing w/friends/family who were not.  If they were in the same cabin with us, they were allowed to board with us in the A01 group (right after guest in suites boarded).  If not in the same cabin, their group was about 15 minutes behind us.  We were allowed to drop carry-ons in our room right after boarding, the cabin steward just asked us to put them in the closet (as they still needed to get the rooms ready).

Regarding debarkation, friends/family were in a connecting room (so not the same cabin).  When asked to see their platinum card for priority debarkation, they simply indicated we were all traveling together to the airport, and they were allowed to get off with us.  It might vary by ship, but that has been our experience on Breeze, Mardi Gras, Miracle, and Sunrise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

We have been on 4 cruises since cruising resumed.  We are platinum, sailing w/friends/family who were not.  If they were in the same cabin with us, they were allowed to board with us in the A01 group (right after guest in suites boarded).  If not in the same cabin, their group was about 15 minutes behind us.  We were allowed to drop carry-ons in our room right after boarding, the cabin steward just asked us to put them in the closet (as they still needed to get the rooms ready).

Regarding debarkation, friends/family were in a connecting room (so not the same cabin).  When asked to see their platinum card for priority debarkation, they simply indicated we were all traveling together to the airport, and they were allowed to get off with us.  It might vary by ship, but that has been our experience on Breeze, Mardi Gras, Miracle, and Sunrise.

DITTO

There has been a lot of confusion surrounding this and I think it's just terminology.

Technically there is no "priority" right now for Diamond/Platinum passengers.

However, if diamond/platinum passengers log on within their "early" online check-in window, they will definitely get an early "arrival appointment" (if they want one).  For all 4 of our recent cruises, we have been assigned the earliest arrival appointment (time varied by port, but corresponding with A01 boarding zone, which boards right after the passengers in suites).  In my mind that is priority, but I agree, not the same priority process as before.  

As far as boarding passes go, that is correct, they do not say "priority" anymore, but mine did specify "platinum" (not sure that mattered though).  In my opinion, the most important detail on your board pass is your "Boarding Zone" (as far determining how soon you will board).  They are going to board passengers in suites first, then A01, A02, on down the line.  

Regarding luggage tags, our first cruise in July had no designation on them, later cruises did specify "platinum" but I agree with the person who said that means nothing right now.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sailingships said:

My cruises all the way through to Sept 2023 all have Diamond on the luggage tags and the boarding passes. I cruised in August and we waited to board amongst the new cruisers etc. Only the suites were treated special and separate regardless of their status. Carnival can change the documents at whim when the protocols are done away with but expect some of the new treatment of D/Ps to stay.

OK, maybe Diamond is different but I am confused. I have sailed twice since the restart and have several more booked. How do you have boarding passes and luggage tags through September 2023? My experience is that you don't have access to them until after you check in 14-16 days prior. I'm assuming that maybe Diamond access is different? Just curious, thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vamartha said:

OK, maybe Diamond is different but I am confused. I have sailed twice since the restart and have several more booked. How do you have boarding passes and luggage tags through September 2023? My experience is that you don't have access to them until after you check in 14-16 days prior. I'm assuming that maybe Diamond access is different? Just curious, thanks!

Try this. Make sure you're logged into your Carnival account first, then go here:

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=XXXXXX&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

Replace the "X's" with your 6-character booking number and hit enter. I don't know if it works into 2023, but that should bring up your documents and tags. Credit and thanks go to another CC member who posted that trick a while back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

Try this. Make sure you're logged into your Carnival account first, then go here:

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=XXXXXX&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

Replace the "X's" with your 6-character booking number and hit enter. I don't know if it works into 2023, but that should bring up your documents and tags. Credit and thanks go to another CC member who posted that trick a while back!

Amazing! Thank you! We've been confused if DH would be Platinum or not on this cruise as he is five days behind me and now we have the answer! That is an amazing link! I am most appreciative!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

Thanks for bringing this out again. Now if I would just remember to bookmark it...

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, Schoifmom said:

The only reason to have priority on the luggage tags is for expedited luggage service.  That is another thing that is not happening right now.  I'm not sure that anyone has really noticed it 🙂 

With reduced capacities, I think the luggage service is better than before. Anyway, priority luggage was a perk that arrived with Faster To The  Food that was extended to Platinum and Diamond cruisers and without FTTF?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

With reduced capacities, I think the luggage service is better than before. Anyway, priority luggage was a perk that arrived with Faster To The  Food that was extended to Platinum and Diamond cruisers and without FTTF?

I see what you did there. Faster to the food! lol

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, firefly333 said:

Right ...OP said her luggage tags say platinum ... which she thinks means priority boarding. Just a confusion. 

Stick luggage in the closet and dont fret. 

But if you're going in early and moving about in the corridors and in the rooms, aren't you interfering with the room stewards who are working hard to get the staterooms ready?   

1 minute ago, Pellaz said:

But if you're going in early and moving about in the corridors and in the rooms, aren't you interfering with the room stewards who are working hard to get the staterooms ready?   

1 minute ago, Pellaz said:

Probably but plat and diamonds are dropping off their luggage. That's all. Not getting their cards. Not interfering... just finding their cabin and sticking their luggage in the closet since restart. Not unpacking, just sticking it in the closet. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Probably but plat and diamonds are dropping off their luggage. That's all. Not getting their cards. Not interfering... just finding their cabin and sticking their luggage in the closet since restart. Not unpacking, just sticking it in the closet. 

Of course, but we were always told not to enter the stateroom corridors if the fire doors were closed so as to avoid getting in the stewards' way.  Just seems like common courtesy.  

6 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Of course, but we were always told not to enter the stateroom corridors if the fire doors were closed so as to avoid getting in the stewards' way.  Just seems like common courtesy.  

Plats and Diamonds are entitled to enter and drop off luggage.  This is a current concession to the fact that they are not guaranteed immediate access to staterooms, which is a long-standing Plat/Diamond perk.

Edited by Schoifmom