At Sea Atlantic

Oosterdam destination Cadiz Sp eta 12/27

Corfu GR

Volendam

Zaandam

sorry, no maps today

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Three interesting days but I think I'll pass on them.  Interesting but a bit puzzling quote.  I'm not a fan of meatloaf but this one sounds interesting.  I thought I had been to Tangier but no, only Casablanca and Agadir.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Himself with Covid

Welfare of furloughed crews
cunnorl sister difficult chemo toleration
The Rotterdam passenger disembarked
Ann’s cousin with brain bleed
Strength for Atexsix and healing for his father
Seasick Sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
Recovery for StLouisCruisers Niece DH after throat cancer surgery now at least out of ICU
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Mamaofami’s grandsons exposed to Covid
Grapau27 MOSE surgery 24 December
From the rotation:
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment early January
lazey1's BIL with Covid
rafinmd undergoing radiation
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

6 BHB with passengers
Welcome aboard FL,Cruiser
Front Line Health Care Workers
Zuiderdam with revenue passengers
Bon Voyage Ichiban Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8)
Av8rix (1/9) Seasick Sailor (1/16), Lindaler, garlictown, Sharon, and Rich at sea (Rotterdam to 2 Jan)
Wekcome home NCTribeFan and JAM37
msmayor in Virginia
Ger_77 in Calgary
HorizonChaser1957 in Chilliwack
MissG back in Canada
A lovely grand child for Norseh2o
Koningsdam Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good morning from a very cold Florida.  Gloomy start to the morning.  I want a BHB for Christmas.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Virtual hugs to the rest of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Breakfast Martini:

A breakfast martini is a marmalade cocktail with gin, marmalade, orange liqueur, and lemon juice, created by bartender Salvatore Calabrese. The drink was invented in 1996 at the Library Bar at the Lanesborough Hotel in London, England. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1 spoon Orange marmalade, 2 shots (1 3/4 oz.) Gin, 3/4 shot (2/3 oz.) Cointreau or Triple sec, 3/4 shot Fresh lemon juice.
Preparation: Mix or shake in cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Strain into glass and serve.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Lemon twist
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 7.10.50 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

Good morning. 

Happy Festivus!    Sorry, I don't have any gifts to re-gift.

Interesting quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal suggestion.

The breakfast martini sounds interesting, but I'll wait until later in the day to try one.  Hope the wine is tasty.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.   Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 25

Good morning Rich! Sitting in the Dutch Cafe having my cappacino and cookie. Thanks for posting.

Good morning Fellow Daily-ites. Sending out prayers to our growing list of cares.

Roy, please add Walker to your rotation. He has not responded in days, not hooked up to any device's, just getting morphine. I can't imagine in my worst nightmare.. Heart breaking. 

Goodness, I guess I better pop over to the Daily-Rotterdam and see whats up. Don't know what to post where🤪

Prayers and Cheers!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all and thanks for the daily report Rich.  I hope all you Dailyites at sea are having a great time.  Interesting collection of days, I choose Roots day.  The quote doesn’t really grab me today.  While I have today off I think my breakfast martini will be coffee.  The meal suggestion sounds very nice.  Have not been to today’s port but look forward to seeing the photos. Speaking of photos I just want to say how much I enjoy your sunrise photos Roy, they always seem so hopeful.  Prayers for everyone on our list today and cheers to everyone celebrating happy events, like being on a bhb!

• Like 24

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Safe travels for those visiting other family, and those on the high seas!.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 23

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! And a super THANK YOU for posting the family picture yesterday!  A very special treat. 

Thank you for our lists Roy! Morning Dailyites! Another nippy one here. It feels more Christmassy this way.  I remember learning about Festivus last year on the Daily! 

Today is packed with stuff, and my last gym classes before Christmas. My neighborhood celebration is this evening and I have lots to do. Hope it warms up a bit, because it is an outside gathering around sunset. 

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

D2ACF8AB-E629-436F-BDEB-B9877C1C4DE2.jpeg.dd37a631f5af7fa559bb8f464ed55c36.jpeg

CA2D2D8C-EDC3-48CA-9FC3-7EF79E7C7AF4.jpeg.49b95e752ea6e8807cee1784c7716834.jpeg

Sokol Blosser Evolution Pinot Noir

My only disappointment of my HAL Hawaii cruise was the fact that they were out of this very drinkable wine. Very good - excellent ratings, and fairly easy to find. Even online prices are reasonable with prices starting at $16.45.

Wine review notes

A classy new label design marks the continuing evolution of Evolution Pinot Noir. Fruit driven, loosely knit and full of ripe, juicy blackberry flavors, this affordable and accessible wine is a nice mix of estate and purchased Willamette Valley grapes. It's the sort of all-purpose, no frills Pinot Noir that's tough to find at this price. Nothing fancy, totally honest and thoroughly drinkable. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich! Sitting in the Dutch Cafe having my cappacino and cookie. Thanks for posting.

Good morning Fellow Daily-ites. Sending out prayers to our growing list of cares.

Roy, please add Walker to your rotation. He has not responded in days, not hooked up to any device's, just getting morphine. I can't imagine in my worst nightmare.. Heart breaking. 

Goodness, I guess I better pop over to the Daily-Rotterdam and see whats up. Don't know what to post where🤪

Prayers and Cheers!

Morning, Joy!👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

• Like 12

Good morning, everyone.

I hope all of you have most of your holiday prep done and can relax and catch a breath today.  I am all packed and ready to jump in the car and head to Michigan.  I'll spend a couple days in Midland with my sister, Mary Jo, and then on to Elk Rapids to spend a few days with my sister, Barb.   Sue will join me in Midland, but she has to work next week so won't make it up to Barb's.  

Today's meal sounds great.  Pizza meatloaf!    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooked-pizzaiola-meat-loaf/

Slow-Cooked-Pizzaiola-Meat-Loaf_EXPS_SDON18_218771_C06_13_4b.jpg.27fa6190e8d0fb34e58155679765c1c9.jpg

This next one is a slow cooked version, but it steps up the pizza flavor a bit.   https://www.homechef.com/meals/meatloaf-pizzaiola

1195626442_meatloafpizzaiola.jpg.682606239c40073cc37422f5b1d71266.jpg

And here we have the ancestor of them all, Italian meatloaf:  https://www.dadspantry.com/2018/08/italian-style-meatloaf/

italian-style-meatloaf3.thumb.jpg.69df1e607fc1437ef430cef2d37c5fb6.jpg

Enjoy, everyone!    

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon.

It is 39°F and cloudy here in NE England.

The hospital has just rang and I have to be there at 07.30am GMT in the morning for my BCC op.

Thank you for today's daily Rich while on your cruise.

Thank you Roy for all the lists.

Roots day is good for checking our family histories with relatives.

Meatloaf is the suggested meal for Festivus.

We have been to Casablanca but not Tangier so I will look forward to seeing pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Happy cruising to all Dailyites on the Rotterdam.

Take care and stay safe 😷.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Prayers and Cheers!

Move him from the every day section?

Roy

• Like 9

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Well the appliance curse continues, the microwave bit the dust on Tuesday, found a new one at Home Depot , at least it didn’t die on the holiday, had that happen years ago on Thanksgiving.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏❤️

• Like 21

Good morning.

It is cold and sunny here in Bluffton.

Today DH and I will head over to Hilton Head to the Fresh Market and pick up our Christmas Dinner. It sure will be different than our original plans, but at least it will be celebratory.

Prayers for all on the cares list and I am so thankful to all of you who pray for me as I deal with my autoimmune problem.  

I hope we hear from @kazu Jacqui sometime soon with good news and also from @Himself.  Hope both Jose and Himself are on the road to recovery.

Hope all who are on a cruise are enjoying themselves and staying safe.

Happy Thursday and God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 23

Good morning friends!  It was 30F when I awoke today so exercised indoors again.  Tomorrow morning we will be out the door, in the car (the SUV we now call the Big Rig) and on our way to Ohio by 5 am.  Even then the Atlanta traffic will be crazy at an early hour.  Chef DH has been gathering his groceries, kitchen appliances and implements he needs to do his job, so the Big Rig will be fully loaded.😂

Happy Festivus, Root Day and Regifting Day.  Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor taking the time from his wonderful cruise to post the Daily.  The photo of the Daily family was great!  Thanks a lot for posting it.  Big thanks for the Care and Celebration lists Roy @rafinmd.  I sure wish we could pare down that Care list.  Unfortunately I was flabbergasted to learn from my twin last night that Amy's DH was smoking up until the day before surgery!!.  He says he has tried but could only stop for a couple days due to anxiety.  Surely there is something he can do or take to help him get over that anxiety.  Just the thought that I may have cut my life in half would do it for me.  Thankfully no one else in our family smokes.  DH's DF smoked and died of lung cancer - his second wife smoked too and died a month later.  😳

I would also like to send prayers and good thoughts to Jacqui @kazuand Jose, and to Father @Himself.  It would ease my mind to hear something from Father.  We haven't heard a word since he told us of his Covid diagnosis.  🙁

I hope everyone has safe travels, and an enjoyable holiday no matter where they celebrate; at home,  at a family member's home, or on a ship.  

Edited to say I forgot about the destination of the day Tangiers, Morocco.  I wish a ship would stop there sometime for me instead of Gibraltar!  They're so close!  I've only been to Casablanca and Agadir, Morocco.  Gibraltar I've been to about 10 times so please!  Take me to Tangiers!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 22

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

The hospital has just rang and I have to be there at 07.30am GMT in the morning for my BCC op.

We have been to Casablanca but not Tangier so I will look forward to seeing pictures.

Graham.

Graham, sending you prayers and good thoughts tomorrow when you have your Mohs surgery.  And when it's over with I know you will be so relieved and have an enjoyable Christmas with Pauline and your Sarah.  Check that worry off your list! 🎄

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily Rich while on your cruise.

Thank you Roy for all the lists.

Graham.

Graham

Best of luck tomorrow. I know I won’t be awake before you head out tomorrow morning. And ❤️ to Pauline, who is probably a bit worried. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Very glad that the furnace guy came yesterday.  While clearing the area I noticed a puddle of water.  Apparently the hose that takes the condensation away was clogged.  It must have just happened.  Made an early run to the grocery store and I might be good for a month.  The ran an old fashioned blue light special on Christmas candy, buy one get one.  I may have overstocked on chocolate, if that’s even possible.  @dfish all those recipes look good to me, sadly Juan isn’t a meatloaf fan.

I have the day off and will soon hit the pet store for Ashlee’s birthday treat.

I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.69f7f2c41eef296a7d1fc8187a95fd8e.png

• Like 19
  • Haha 13

20 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Well the appliance curse continues, the microwave bit the dust on Tuesday, found a new one at Home Depot , at least it didn’t die on the holiday, had that happen years ago on Thanksgiving.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏❤️

I wonder where the dead appliances go when they bite the dust?🤔

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

Good Morning Dailyites!  Last night I went to the Shakespeare Tavern in Atlanta(oldest open Shakespeare theatre in the US).  It wasn't Shakespeare, it was A Christmas Carol.  Told in story form with lots of wonderful Christmas music.  The premise of the theatre is get there early, get your dinner, eat your dinner, and then the staff clears the tables, and the performance begins.  The menu features "British" classic food, and for the first time in my life, I tried a Pasty.  It may or may not have lived up to what it was supposed to taste like.  To me it tasted like an Italian Meatball wrapped up in thin sweet pie crust.  It was yummy, but was it real?

And then on the way home, we had to stop at Walmart for three items.  At 10:25 all the registers were closed except the swipe your self.  Some one had moved the stantions, and the line , instead of wrapping down the main aisle, wound through girls clothing, womens underwear, men's shirts, down past slippers and into the shoe department.  When we were almost about to check out, an employee came up and asked to the general  group of patrons, who moved the stantions and why is the line so long?  um, because none of you are working?

Have a great day, and to quote Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one."

• Like 20
  • Haha 4