Cabin upgrades once on board - any success?

coloradocruiselover88

1 minute ago, coloradocruiselover88 said:

I was just wondering if anyone had any success getting an upgrade once on board? Ship is at 52% capacity, so I figured one will be available.

Go to guest services, and ask if they have any upgrades available, paid or complimentary.

Yes, many of us were able to get upgrades. Paid upgrades seem to be the norm right now.

2 hours ago, roxievegas said:

we paid $30 (not per person) a day to upgrade from Balcony to Mini Suite.  Once you board go directly to customer services, there will be a line of others doing the same

I got lucky and received my FIRST EVER complementary upgrade from an Interior to a Balcony prior to boarding.  Once on board I requested an Upsell and also paid $30 a day to move to a Mini Suite.  Thank you, Princess Cruises!!!  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, caribill said:

Did you make a counter offer of $25?

No. They looked up the rate I paid for the cruise and based on that, came up with the $45/night rate. I did say I thought it was a little steep and then said no.

14 hours ago, roxievegas said:

we paid $30 (not per person) a day to upgrade from Balcony to Mini Suite.  Once you board go directly to customer services, there will be a line of others doing the same

There were probably many mini suite cabins available for them to offer upgrade at only $30/day. Were you given a choice to choose which available mini suite cabin you want or it was just assigned to you? 

I was quoted $60 a day to go from an interior to a balcony and something ridiculous like $200 a day for a mini suite. Obviously I declined. I later heard balconies were going for $100 for the 5 day cruise (not per day) but it was in the afternoon and I was already unpacked. We also had 3 cabins in a row and by the time the price was reasonable, it wasn’t worth it to be away from our kids (adults). I would have jumped on $100-200 for the balcony if they offered it when we first asked. I’d be interested to hear if it pays to wait a little before going to guest services. I asked when we first boarded so it was before noon.

20 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

I'm going to bat to go to a suite from my Mini-suite on my 1/15 Majestic Cruise at the dock... Will report back

If you mean at check-in, it will not be possible. Shore personnel have no ability to change cabin assignments, free or paid.

On 12/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, chubbypiggy said:

There were probably many mini suite cabins available for them to offer upgrade at only $30/day. Were you given a choice to choose which available mini suite cabin you want or it was just assigned to you? 

We were not given a choice.  We were on a B2B so we needed a mini that was available for the 2nd cruise too.  We like to be mid forward and we were given Aloha deck forward.  We were very happy with the location and the mini

On 12/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, coloradocruiselover88 said:

I was just wondering if anyone had any success getting an upgrade once on board? Ship is at 52% capacity, so I figured one will be available.

We were on the Enchanted Dec 10th sailing and requested an upgrade as soon as we boarded at guest Services. On the second day we received an up sale offer. We had a BA Balcony up to an M1 Club Class Mini and the cost was $15/person per day. They offered us a Penthouse Suite for $60/day per person.

We chose the club class mini.