Back 2 Back

18 hours ago, Preacherman46 said:

I know we are allowed 1 bottle of wine per person.

It's two per cabin (not per person), but on a B2B, how many they will actually allow you to bring in the cabin depends on the staff at check in (on the first sailing) and how many you have in any single piece of luggage.

Edited by Biker19

When we are B2B...we don't really want to lug 4 bottles of wine on board in our carry on bags.  Sure, I know we can with paperwork...but would rather avoid it.  

Sooo...I leave 2 bottles in the vehicle (if I am doing a "drive to" port).  On turn around day, I will go out and pick up the other two...if I need to.  This last time, didn't need to...too many comped bottles already.  😉 

When we did our last B2B in San Juan...we simply bought two more bottles in port (or can do it in town) and took them on during turn around day.  

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

2 per stateroom.  4 if you are B2B.  Just have a copy of both cruise check in forms in case you are questioned.   Use your carry on  for the wine.  If the wine is n checked luggage, the  luggage  will likely be diverted to the security room. 

M

Oh no...not the dreaded "naughty" room.  😮  😄 

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

Can you take your time off ship in port to purchase two new bottles?

You can, but they will likely take them and give them back the last night, or the morning prior to disembarking. 

We have been occasionally allowed to bring a bottle back on board from a port when on European cruises.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flamingos said:

If you get a “transit pass” you can leave the port for a few hours. The problem is not having the time, it is more about finding a store in the area where you can purchase wine. The retail seafood market in the PC cove area near fishlips has a limited selection of wines..

6 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Only on embarkation day. I usually lug four 750 ml bottles of wine onboard in my backpack for our B2B cruises and have never been stopped. Knock on wood.

On TAD you can. I've done it before when cruising out of San Juan at the Pan Am embarkation center. There is a small store in the Pan Am embarkation center that sells wine and other goodies. 

20 minutes ago, flamingos said:

It's the same difference.  You can buy in any port, they take it from you, then they give it back to you on last day.  You now have it/them for your second leg...or you can buy on turnaround day.  No one is going to stop you from opening it in your cabin that second week.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If you get a “transit pass” you can leave the port for a few hours. The problem is not having the time, it is more about finding a store in the area where you can purchase wine. The retail seafood market in the PC cove area near fishlips has a limited selection of wines..

San Juan terminal has a decent selection of wine right inside the terminal.  Though they are a bit pricey.  And heads up...I ended up with a bad one for first leg.  They would not refund it when we returned on turnaround day...it was really bad..corked.  Buyer beware.  😮 

Just now, island lady said:

San Juan terminal has a decent selection of wine right inside the terminal.  Though they are a bit pricey.  And heads up...I ended up with a bad one for first leg.  They would not refund it when we returned on turnaround day...it was really bad..corked.  Buyer beware.  😮 

There is a drug store just across from the pier in old San Juan where ships do port stops that has a decent selection if you have time on TAD to get over there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

This would be Copenhagen, we're doing a B2B2B next summer. (!!!!!!)

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There is a drug store just across from the pier in old San Juan where ships do port stops that has a decent selection if you have time on TAD to get over there.

Yes, have been there and indeed bought a bottle there.  We took a taxi into town on TAD to walk around and do lunch.  Picked up the wine and grabbed a taxi back to the ship at the embarkation terminal.  

Though their selection is pretty lame...it's doable.  They really score on pax coming off the ship when they are there for a port of call for sundries..etc. ...great location for them!  🙂 

• Like 1